Aldeer.com

How Many of you shoot 3D?

Posted By: headshot

How Many of you shoot 3D? - 04/10/14 12:34 PM

just curious. for those who do, come to cullman this weekend.
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: How Many of you shoot 3D? - 04/10/14 09:21 PM

Wish I still did. I loved competing back in college.
Posted By: Moose24

Re: How Many of you shoot 3D? - 04/10/14 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By: NightHunter

BHA - Where your wishes come true. grin
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: How Many of you shoot 3D? - 04/10/14 09:51 PM

I shot one or two the first year I had a bow. I didn't like it, so I don't shoot them anymore.
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: How Many of you shoot 3D? - 04/10/14 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Moose24
Originally Posted By: NightHunter

BHA - Where your wishes come true. grin

I just can't seem to find the time. I have friends that try and rangle me in to going all the time.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: How Many of you shoot 3D? - 04/11/14 05:39 AM

I'm retired. grin
Posted By: Jpipererp

Re: How Many of you shoot 3D? - 04/11/14 08:40 AM

I almost did but they came out with the "shoot what you bring" class but still limited it to 280fps (correct me if I'm wrong). That would still require some changes to my setup.
Posted By: Hoss606

Re: How Many of you shoot 3D? - 04/11/14 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Jpipererp
I almost did but they came out with the "shoot what you bring" class but still limited it to 280fps (correct me if I'm wrong). That would still require some changes to my setup.

You can still go and shoot they would be for fun and wouldn't count toward the competition if you shot over a 286.

Re: How Many of you shoot 3D? - 04/11/14 08:20 PM

In the central zone we raised the speed limit on many classes to 290. We created a Bowhunter Extreme class that has no speed limit with the only restriction being a a 12" radius stabilizer.

Re: How Many of you shoot 3D? - 04/11/14 08:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Hoss606

You can still go and shoot they would be for fun and wouldn't count toward the competition if you shot over a 286.

280 + 3% variance > 288 fps

Re: How Many of you shoot 3D? - 04/11/14 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Moose24

280 + 3% variance > 288 fps

Thanks that's what I meant... don't know why I put 286
Posted By: wmd

Re: How Many of you shoot 3D? - 04/11/14 09:38 PM

That is all fine and dandy until you and your kid paired with some super-serious, over zealous shooters, and they just suck all of the fun out of it. Been there, done that at the first and only shoot I have been to. I think we will just stick to shooting in the backyard or at the local archery park.

Re: How Many of you shoot 3D? - 04/11/14 11:52 PM

Originally Posted By: wmd

That is all fine and dandy until you and your kid paired with some super-serious, over zealous shooters, and they just suck all of the fun out of it. Been there, done that at the first and only shoot I have been to. I think we will just stick to shooting in the backyard or at the local archery park.

Competition isn't for everyone.
Posted By: Standbanger

Re: How Many of you shoot 3D? - 04/12/14 06:11 AM

Archery is pretty expensive as it is. I don't think losing a 12 dollar would be that fun.

Re: How Many of you shoot 3D? - 04/12/14 09:08 AM

Originally Posted By: wmd

WMD, not sure if that was a BHA event but I would ask you to give BHA a try or another try. You really can't base 3D shooting on that one event. There are plenty of great people that shoot, some serious and some not so serious. Just hit up a local BHA shoot somewhere.

Re: How Many of you shoot 3D? - 04/12/14 09:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Standbanger
Archery is pretty expensive as it is. I don't think losing a 12 dollar would be that fun.

Honestly, very few arrows get lost. I've list one in the last 3 years.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: How Many of you shoot 3D? - 04/12/14 12:12 PM

Our archery club has a few a year. NO competition, just raise money for targets and stuff. Had about 40+ targets out last year. Every type of shot and plenty of the different types of terrain shots we encounter here chasing the elk, deer , and bears.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM