Aldeer.com

GILES ISLAND

Posted By: REALTREEZ71

GILES ISLAND - 04/03/14 12:02 AM

Always have wanted to book a hunt here and finally think this upcoming season I may finally be able to go! Does ANYONE have any experience with this place? Of course it appears to be a southern hunters paradise. I was thinking of booking an early season bowhunt, Oct/Nov 3 day hunt. Best I can tell this includes 2 bucks (1 trophy and 1 management) for $2k. Please let me know if any of you guys have been or know someone that has! Thanks in advance.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: GILES ISLAND - 04/04/14 09:17 AM

I have not been, but know some guys that go every year.....it's worth it. I think they go very early like opener or rut in December
Posted By: millstoneman

Re: GILES ISLAND - 04/04/14 12:07 PM

I have been to Giles Island on a gun hunt and it is first class. Jimmy Riley and his guys will bust their butts to try to put you in a position to kill a giant.
Posted By: dagwood

Re: GILES ISLAND - 04/04/14 06:21 PM

I haven't been to Gile's Island but I was born and raised in that area. If you hunt Alabama, you will love it. Not all the pine plantations and clearcuts but all hardwood ridges and swamps. It took me forever to get used to all these ugly pine trees after hunting over there. I hunted Yucatan south of that when I was younger and it was nothing to see 100 deer a day.
Posted By: Johnal3

Re: GILES ISLAND - 04/04/14 10:51 PM

I'm not big on guided hunts, but I'd love to go kill a deer and go back and kill a turkey over there! Beautiful place from what I've seen.
Posted By: Standbanger

Re: GILES ISLAND - 04/05/14 06:25 AM

lets all go
Posted By: millstoneman

Re: GILES ISLAND - 04/05/14 11:59 AM

Id go again in a heart beat.. Beautiful place. I went about ten years ago, but it was something else. We parked on the Dike of the Mississippi River and loaded all our gear on pontoon for the ride over. River was way up and lots of the land was underwater. When I went you had to have a guide with you, in order to shoot a "management" buck otherwise you'd better shoot a 150 class or so. LIke I said earlier I would reccommend it from my experience..
Posted By: North40R

Re: GILES ISLAND - 04/06/14 01:05 PM

Never been but my cousin was a guide there several years ago and some of the deer he filmed while scouting were absolute giants!

I think Mossy Oak still leases the entire place for a week or 2 during bow season!
Posted By: LUMPY

Re: GILES ISLAND - 04/06/14 05:49 PM

I'd like to go sometime....seems like a legit setup!
Posted By: headshot

Re: GILES ISLAND - 04/06/14 06:05 PM

I didn't know you could go for 2K or I would have gone already.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: GILES ISLAND - 04/06/14 06:07 PM

OCTOBER – NOVEMBER - Bow Only
$2,000 for 3 days
DECEMBER - Bow or Gun
$4,600 for 3 days
HOLIDAY HUNT (Prime-Rut) - Bow or Gun
$6,000 for 3 days
JANUARY (Prime-Rut) - Bow or Gun
$4,600 for 3 days
JANUARY (Late-Rut) - Bow Only
$2,400 for 3 days
*Hunter can harvest one trophy buck and one management buck per each 3 day hunt.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM