Aldeer.com

Starting to make decent groups

Posted By: BrotherTurtle

Starting to make decent groups - 03/15/14 07:05 PM

So today, I went ahead and got a kisser button. While he was setting it up, he noticed my peep was too low and raised it. He also worked with me to show me the more correct way to anchor. A very good trip to Bucket Of Bows in Fort Payne. When I got home, I adjusted my pins a little and started shooting. After a couple of rounds I was grouping pretty good at 20 yds. I may not be dead on the dot, but I'll work on consistency first, then accuracy. keep in mind, this is only my fourth time to shoot my bow.

Re: Starting to make decent groups - 03/15/14 07:14 PM

I will also add that I had been up for 27hrs when I shot those, so steadiness is not my strong point today.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Starting to make decent groups - 03/15/14 07:21 PM

thumbup
Posted By: forten

Re: Starting to make decent groups - 03/15/14 07:26 PM

Good deal
Posted By: Moose24

Re: Starting to make decent groups - 03/15/14 07:56 PM

Good deal. Keep working. My 2 cents - Try and keep your arrows as close to identical as you can, length, weight, vanes, etc.

Also, It's possible that you have an arrow or 2 that just don't shoot the same as the others. In other words, if you have a good group and the same arrow is always out of the group( by a noticeable amount) then put it aside and don't shoot it.

Re: Starting to make decent groups - 03/15/14 08:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Moose24
Good deal. Keep working. My 2 cents - Try and keep your arrows as close to identical as you can, length, weight, vanes, etc.

Also, It's possible that you have an arrow or 2 that just don't shoot the same as the others. In other words, if you have a good group and the same arrow is always out of the group( by a noticeable amount) then put it aside and don't shoot it.

Is it common to have an arrow or two out of a dozen that are duds?
Posted By: Moose24

Re: Starting to make decent groups - 03/15/14 09:19 PM

Not sure how common but it happens. A lot of people will number their arrows to track which ones shoot best or worst. It happens to me but I fletch my own arrows so mine is probably due to my fletching job. Also, if you ever see a damaged carbon arrow, do not shoot it, for safety reasons. You do not want that arrow exploding when you shoot it.
Posted By: wagnon89

Re: Starting to make decent groups - 03/15/14 10:58 PM

Also, if you ever see a damaged carbon arrow, do not shoot it, for safety reasons. You do not want that arrow exploding when you shoot it.

This ^

The 4th or 5th carbon arrow I ever shot exploded as soon as I touched it off. Still got the scars on my left arm to remind me.
Posted By: Bowhunter84

Re: Starting to make decent groups - 03/15/14 11:04 PM

thumbup

Re: Starting to make decent groups - 03/16/14 09:08 AM

Originally Posted By: wagnon89
Also, if you ever see a damaged carbon arrow, do not shoot it, for safety reasons. You do not want that arrow exploding when you shoot it.

This ^

The 4th or 5th carbon arrow I ever shot exploded as soon as I touched it off. Still got the scars on my left arm to remind me.

Wow. I did not know that was possible with carbon.
Posted By: TChunter

Re: Starting to make decent groups - 03/16/14 08:22 PM

Numbering your arrows with just a small # on one vane will help eliminate bad arrows. If you got one shooting off a little remember the number and shoot it a few more times, it helps alot. thumbup
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Starting to make decent groups - 03/16/14 10:25 PM

Now that you have a taste, focus on the spot and don't care if you hit it. It'll come easier to you.
Posted By: wde05

Re: Starting to make decent groups - 03/18/14 05:21 PM

thumbup
Posted By: 40Bucks

Re: Starting to make decent groups - 03/19/14 12:10 AM

Good shooting

Re: Starting to make decent groups - 03/19/14 07:24 AM

Originally Posted By: 40Bucks
Good shooting

Thanks!
Posted By: RedArrow3

Re: Starting to make decent groups - 03/19/14 07:53 AM

Cant go wrong with ole bucket glad to say he is a good friend of mine.
Posted By: Talltines

Re: Starting to make decent groups - 03/19/14 10:58 AM

Another good way to mark a good arrow is with blood. Good grouping there and watch out it will get addictive.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM