Aldeer.com

Kisser Buttons

Posted By: BrotherTurtle

Kisser Buttons - 03/10/14 10:09 PM

Do any of you use kisser buttons, or are they just for us rookies? I thought about getting one to help me develope a more consistent form while I'm still learning. Do you think it helps?
Posted By: bill

Re: Kisser Buttons - 03/10/14 10:12 PM

I only use a kisser and no peep sight. It makes low light target acquisition much easier.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Kisser Buttons - 03/10/14 10:18 PM

I've never used one.
Posted By: Tru-Talker

Re: Kisser Buttons - 03/10/14 10:39 PM

Originally Posted By: N2TRKYS
I've never used one.

Same here...
Posted By: turkey247

Re: Kisser Buttons - 03/10/14 11:21 PM

I've used in the past, but not anymore. Concerning low light; I keep both eyes open when using peep, helps tremendously in low light. This can only be done if you shoot right handed, and also right eye dominant - left handed left eye - same thing.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Kisser Buttons - 03/11/14 05:45 AM

Originally Posted By: turkey247
I've used in the past, but not anymore. Concerning low light; I keep both eyes open when using peep, helps tremendously in low light. This can only be done if you shoot right handed, and also right eye dominant - left handed left eye - same thing.

I shoot right handed and I'm left eye dominant. I shoot with both eyes open, but in low light I have to close or squint my left eye.

BrotherTurtle, A kisser button wouldn't hurt you, the more anchor points the better. The main thing a kisser is going to help with is keeping your verticle shot placement the same. On my hunting bows I started tying a ball of serving on to serve as a kisser. It really helps when shooting from an elevated position.
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Kisser Buttons - 03/11/14 08:04 AM

I have used one for years. The more anchors the better. Like Shaw, I am left eye dominant and right handed. I need all the help I can get.
Posted By: Talltines

Re: Kisser Buttons - 03/11/14 12:14 PM

Kisser and a Peep like mentioned above the more anchor points will always help. Practice, and Repetition is key with archery.
Posted By: Bowhunter84

Re: Kisser Buttons - 03/11/14 01:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Talltines
Kisser and a Peep like mentioned above the more anchor points will always help. Practice, and Repetition is key with archery.

thumbup
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Kisser Buttons - 03/11/14 01:34 PM

I thought that's what the fletchings were for.
Posted By: woodsrider

Re: Kisser Buttons - 03/12/14 09:16 PM

When I went from a 7'brace height and 34" axle to axle rig to a 6" brace height 32" axle to axle rig, I had to start using a kisser button again. My new rig packs more performance than my old one, but at the cost of forgiveness perhaps. Either way it seemed more sensitive and a kisser button solved that issue. A kisser button promotes good form and consistency which is important in archery.
Posted By: G/H

Re: Kisser Buttons - 03/15/14 10:16 PM

I use one. Just make sure you can feel it thru your face mask( if u use a mask). Couldn't feel my kisser button and went to adjust my mask at full draw. Accidentally hit the release button.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM