Aldeer.com

rage question???

Posted By: Possum Hunter

rage question??? - 11/11/10 06:24 PM

alright this year i have shot 3 does with my bow and i have recovered all 3 BUT i am shooting the 3 blade rages and im not getting a blood trail worth a crap actually on two of them there wasnt but a couple of drops of blood and both deer prolly ran 60 yds and i made great shots on both right behind the shoulder in the bread basket both deer were prolly 20 yards away and hit hard WHY dont i have a blood trail worth a crap???? i shoot a hoyt turbo hawk on about 65 lbs with beaman ics hunters400
Posted By: chasew808

Re: rage question??? - 11/11/10 06:49 PM

My buddy shoots the 3 blade rage. We went hunting and he shot a doe in the sholder. The hole in the deer was the size of a coke can and blood was everywhere. I just recently switched to rage after he gave me a 2 blade to try out. I killed a 8 pt and the blood trail was great. Im still skeptical of them because it seems like a lot can go wrong with them. Maybe yours are not opening all the way. I know the 3 blade rages were under a recall for blades not opening.
Posted By: Hogwild

Re: rage question??? - 11/11/10 06:49 PM

I have absolutely no idea....opinion or scientific....why a deer (much less 3?) with a hole completely through his chest cavity and vital organs would not bleed.

confused
Posted By: Bowhunter84

Re: rage question??? - 11/11/10 06:58 PM

this is my 5th year to shoot the rage 2 blades and i have NO complaints. blood trail is always good and short. i have no experience with the 3 blades though

Re: rage question??? - 11/11/10 08:38 PM

well its happend all three times i one of them didnt run far atall but still didnt bleed a drop i mean my arrows are bright red and look like they should and like i said GREAT SHOTS just no blood trail worth a crap but i mean i am finding the deer and they dont run far but shoot im afraid to hunt in certain places due to poor trail they could get in really thick cover and i could easily lose them...
Posted By: Snuffy

Re: rage question??? - 11/11/10 09:14 PM

I've killed 4 deer with the 3 blade rage and they all bleed like a stuck hog.
Posted By: bugfixer

Re: rage question??? - 11/11/10 09:19 PM

I know if you hit a deer kind of high, the blood will pool in the body cavity. The first deer I shot with rage, only ran about 25 yards before falling over. I saw her go down. There was no blood trail to where she fell though. When I went to load her on the atv, she poured out about half gallon that was pooled up inside her.
Posted By: Reyn

Re: rage question??? - 11/11/10 09:49 PM

I hit a doe HIGH couple weeks ago. If i hadn't lucked up on a blood spot 50yds away on the other side of a thicket i might have lost her.

The blood did pick up towards the end and she only went about 120yds.

Shot a 6pt last Friday that i tracked at night without bending over. Massive blood trail. He went 70yds if that.
Posted By: chevyman

Re: rage question??? - 11/11/10 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hogwild:
I have absolutely no idea....opinion or scientific....why a deer (much less 3?) with a hole completely through his chest cavity and vital organs would not bleed.

confused
We finally agree goodpost on something
Posted By: Out back

Re: rage question??? - 11/12/10 12:49 AM

Quote:

confused
They do bleed ... inside.
That "Impressive Entry" ain't worth a donut hole without an "Impressive Exit".

A funnel ain't nothing more than a cone shaped Jug if ain't open on both ends.
Posted By: todd w

Re: rage question??? - 11/12/10 02:10 AM

I am going to address a couple an issue with the rages. People have complained about the broadheads not opening. Here is the issue I would assume you have, if you are past the first year of use. I have used these for 3 years now, and this has been my observation.

The rage broadhead sits on a o-ring. It will start to harden after the 1st year. if these harden, it will not allow the blades to deploy, leaving a very small hole for entry and most times, no exit hole. Check them before every hunt. I replace my o-rings every year. It is like any other weapon, simple maintenence keeps them working well.

I am not saying this is the issue with the 3 blades you have, but might want to check them.

Re: rage question??? - 11/12/10 02:51 AM

well i did i replaced the O rings i will shoot another doe this weekend and see if it makes a difference but i have had the broadheads for 2 years now and just bought the new Orings well just see...
Posted By: todd w

Re: rage question??? - 11/12/10 03:02 AM

i bet it will fix it. from experience.
Posted By: greenZ71

Re: rage question??? - 11/12/10 09:50 AM

I shot a doe opening day and the shot was a touch back. Not a gut shot but my arrow was covered. The exit hole was low behind the shoulder and part of the gut rolled over in the extremely large exit hole and she didnt bleed much. Just a drop here and there. Thank God for my dads lab or we may not have found her. I shoot the 2 blades and the enty and exit hole are huge, but if something (like the guts) get over in there they can't bleed. twocents

Re: rage question??? - 11/12/10 11:12 AM

Muzzy's don't have an O-ring, and they are always open.
Problem solved.
Posted By: SnapperSlapper

Re: rage question??? - 11/12/10 12:06 PM

I shot a doe in the front part of the left front hoof with an expandable this past weekend. I didn't find any blood, and I couldn't find the deer. That was my second bad experience with expandable broadheads. Last year, I hit one square in the right ear with one. I only found two tiny specks of blood, and again I couldn't find the deer. Expandable broadheads suck. I'm going to go back to my fixed blades, I know I would have killed those deer with one of those.
Posted By: drakehunter_03

Re: rage question??? - 11/12/10 09:57 PM

Shot a doe last weekend with a rage 3 blade at 20 yards. I made a good shot maybe a little to much shoulder arrow only went in halfway, deer broke arrow while running off only found about 5 drops of blood. Still no deer.
Posted By: Ringo

Re: rage question??? - 11/13/10 01:11 AM

All I know is this: If you shoot a deer with a razor sharp, fixed blade broadhead in such a manner that the entry angle would take out either the heart, BOTH lungs, and/or dead center the liver or slice a major artery (granting that the arrow reaches the deer with proper energy), said broadhead will kill the deer every single time. That is any sharp fixed-blade broadhead. You can't say that about a field point or a mechanical that doesn't open. Mechanicals may work 99 times out of a 100 but I don't trust them. Just my twocents
Posted By: HOYT 09

Re: rage question??? - 11/13/10 03:44 PM

charlie shoot em better and I promise u will have a great blood trail! U where there when I shot the first doe last year and blood every where on a marginal hit and she only went 35 maybe 40 yds!
Posted By: Hogwild

Re: rage question??? - 11/13/10 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Out back:
Quote:
[b] I have absolutely no idea....opinion or scientific....why a deer (much less 3?) with a hole completely through his chest cavity and vital organs would not bleed.

confused
They do bleed ... inside.
That "Impressive Entry" ain't worth a donut hole without an "Impressive Exit".

A funnel ain't nothing more than a cone shaped Jug if ain't open on both ends. [/b]
You're usually pretty sharp; but you're slipping! LOL

You must have missed the parts where he said he hit them 'right in the bread basket' and then recovered the bloodied arrows.

But, maybe all 3 just stuck in the heart, then fell out on the ground????? :p

Take internet postings for what they are worth.......NOTHING......is my honest opinion......LOL wink
Posted By: HOYT 09

Re: rage question??? - 11/14/10 01:04 AM

yeah u never know what the bread basket is for some people a good shot might be a head shot!!! others a kill might be just hitting the deer period!!!!! ha ha ha !!!

Re: rage question??? - 11/14/10 01:37 AM

A bloody arrow does not indicate a pass thru.
A good blood trail is the best evidence of a pass thru.
Posted By: BOHNTR

Re: rage question??? - 11/14/10 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Out back:
A bloody arrow does not indicate a pass thru.
A good blood trail is the best evidence of a pass thru.
No, best EVIDENCE of a pass through, is seeing the arrow go through the deer and stick in the ground.

I've had a "good" bloodtrail without a pass through. :rolleyes:

Re: rage question??? - 11/14/10 09:54 PM

i shot them all good VERY GOOD and like i said Found all the deer the arrow passed all the way thru and was covered with bright red blood all 3 times.... and like yal have said ive seen some really great blood trails and off deer that have been shot with a rage but also i know of 4 deer people shot on my club where it didnt pass thru and never found the deer already this year.... soooo i guess you never know how its gna turn out with any broad head...

Re: rage question??? - 11/15/10 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Possum Hunter:
soooo i guess you never know how its gna turn out with any broad head...
Not so.
I shoot Muzzy's because I know exactly what to expect, from a boiler room shot, at almost any angle.
I expect a pass thru, a good blood trail and a deer on the skinning rack.
Posted By: PSEbowhuntr

Re: rage question??? - 11/15/10 12:12 PM

Muzzys are too much hype,ive shot 2 deer with a muzzy,pass thru behind the shoulder....no blood till i got to the deer around 70 yards away. i wasnt impressed.
Posted By: BOBCAT

Re: rage question??? - 11/15/10 01:06 PM

just got back from hunt in illinois and met the man that developed the Rage.He has since sold the patton to someone else but still shoot's the 2 blade.He said he wouldn't shoot the 3 blade.Also he said he puts dental bands on his to make sure they didn't accidently open.He said don't bother with the Titianum,not worth the money.

Re: rage question??? - 11/16/10 01:08 AM

thumbsup i like what bobcat says im gna try the two blade ones next bow season but for me for now its time to pull out the ol rifle
Posted By: doekiller

Re: rage question??? - 11/16/10 05:29 PM

In my life as a bow hunter, I have only used 2 broad heads. I started with Thunderheads and switched about 10 years ago to muzzy 3 blades. I will never switch again because I have no reason to change. I have never had a bad result.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM