Aldeer.com

Opening Day Success Streak

Posted By: Teacher One

Opening Day Success Streak - 10/14/23 11:24 AM

I don’t get many opportunities to hunt with a bow these days but thinking back to the 80’s and early 90’s I had a pretty good run on Whitetails. I killed a deer on four consecutive opening days which I have never heard of anyone else doing. I was possessed with killing deer back in those days and spent every spare second I could setting in a tree. How many consecutive opening days of the season have you killed a deer with your bow? I know there are some folks on here that have a good streak going and I just wanted to hear your stories!
Posted By: JA

Re: Opening Day Success Streak - 10/14/23 11:50 AM

Congrats man I’ve never killed a deer on opening day. For me, opening day is the first chance to find all my stuff and see what needs replacing. I think Shaw has a pretty good streak.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Opening Day Success Streak - 10/14/23 12:06 PM

I’ve only killed one on opening day maybe once or twice. If I get one this bow season, it’ll be 27 years in a row for me. The 25th was probably the most memorable one. 247# toad I got in Greene County the second Saturday of the season.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Opening Day Success Streak - 10/14/23 12:07 PM

I use to kill the hell out of them with my bow. Last few years I hardly bow hunt and I’m working today and maybe tomorrow too.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Opening Day Success Streak - 10/14/23 01:04 PM

I haven’t killed many on opening day. I don’t kill many deer during bow season anymore, cause I don’t usually have a shooter buck during that time. The years that I do, they don’t usually make it to gun season. 😎

The first week of November has been fire for me killing big bucks.
Posted By: robinhedd

Re: Opening Day Success Streak - 10/14/23 01:55 PM

Teacher I remember that version of you, man you were a great shot with that Oneida Eagle‼️

Re: Opening Day Success Streak - 10/14/23 02:30 PM

Hard to imagine how fast those times got away from us. Throw Clint in the shuffle with us and look at us today! Wives, kids, careers, just too much has changed since those good ole’ days. I never imagined how things would have changed over the years. One a year during Christmas break is all I take now. Things have really changed!
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: Opening Day Success Streak - 10/14/23 05:18 PM

Best opening day I’ve ever had was two seasons ago when I shot this one opening afternoon. When I was younger I’d almost always whack a doe on opening day just to get the blood flowing. There have probably been 4-5 year streaks that I’ve shot does on the first day.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 202P&Y

Re: Opening Day Success Streak - 10/14/23 05:26 PM

Had to be at work at 4 this am kinda put a hinderance on me
Posted By: jono23

Re: Opening Day Success Streak - 10/14/23 06:08 PM

Shaw just kills deer every year because of that fancy expensive e outfit grin
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Opening Day Success Streak - 10/14/23 06:15 PM

Opening day of archery season is my most successful day of the year. I’ve killed as many bucks on opening day as I have the entire rut combined. I’m not sure how many consecutive years I’ve killed a deer with my bow on opening day but it’s several.
Posted By: top cat

Re: Opening Day Success Streak - 10/14/23 06:31 PM

Heck yeah. Congrats
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Opening Day Success Streak - 10/14/23 07:32 PM

I lov first time sits in any deer season - bow - myzzleloader or gun - like bettr than the rut
Posted By: mauvilla

Re: Opening Day Success Streak - 10/14/23 08:54 PM

I hate to admit it I didnt even realize it started the 14th this year

Re: Opening Day Success Streak - 10/14/23 10:40 PM

I was fortunate enough to hunt a tract of property in Lauderdale County that laid inside the WMA. We had all hardwoods and everything around us was pine trees. I killed a deer on opening day four years in a row with a bow. I hate to admit it but I didn’t have a cull factor during the late 80’s. One season I killed 7 bucks with a bow before the gun season opened. That was one of my best streaks ever. I just hope I can hold on long enough to get my grandson going to the woods with me. He is only two.
Posted By: Paxamus

Re: Opening Day Success Streak - 10/15/23 12:02 AM

I wish I was out there today- I’ve been at work all day and into this evening
Posted By: paulfish4570

Re: Opening Day Success Streak - 10/15/23 01:01 AM

i am 72 years old, and this is the first opening day i've ever killed a deer; 9-point youngster, 160 pounds, 20 yards, crossbow, 125-grain Magnus Stinger, complete pass through and into the grass; ran 50-60 yards, turned back toward me, fell over and rolled onto his back, and expired; heavy, heavy blood loss ...

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10231036903923676&set=a.1346480659723

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Opening Day Success Streak - 10/15/23 01:45 AM

Congrats Paul! beers
Posted By: Jdkprp70

Re: Opening Day Success Streak - 10/15/23 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by Shaw
Congrats Paul! beers
Posted By: paulfish4570

Re: Opening Day Success Streak - 10/15/23 02:11 PM

thanks, y'all ...
Posted By: kyles

Re: Opening Day Success Streak - 10/16/23 04:27 PM

wife killed one opening day and i flat out missed. I was looking in the serious deer forum for lftt and i thought everybody done quit
© 2024 ALDEER.COM