Aldeer.com

Bow mechanics bham

Posted By: twaldrop4

Bow mechanics bham - 02/16/23 12:43 AM

Are there any true bow mechanic in bham. I know marks and Nichols have bow shops but their mechanics have never impressed me. They’re ok at setting up a new bow, but have never seen them fix a problem other than swapping parts. I miss having a good bow guy that can truly tune a bow.
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: Bow mechanics bham - 02/16/23 01:28 AM

Pm sent
Posted By: FlyinRN

Re: Bow mechanics bham - 02/16/23 02:44 AM

Take the trip to Prattville and go to archery unlimited
Posted By: turkey247

Re: Bow mechanics bham - 02/16/23 06:45 PM

The main guy at Hoover Tactical is the best in Birmingham. I happen to know him pretty well.
Posted By: PYhunter

Re: Bow mechanics bham - 02/16/23 06:55 PM

Take it up to Paul Lay at Pat's Archery in Jasper

Re: Bow mechanics bham - 02/16/23 09:38 PM

Didn’t realize Hoover tactical had Bow shop.

But I know about archery unlimited and Paul at pats. But what I was saying is I don’t want to have to drive an hour to go to a decent bow guy. Paul is one of the best around but with a job and 3 kids it’s an act of congress to get there. I was saying it’s sad that one of the biggest cities in the state doesn’t have a decent bow guy.
Posted By: turkey247

Re: Bow mechanics bham - 02/16/23 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by twaldrop4

But I know about archery unlimited and Paul at pats. But what I was saying is I don’t want to have to drive an hour to go to a decent bow guy. Paul is one of the best around but with a job and 3 kids it’s an act of congress to get there. I was saying it’s sad that one of the biggest cities in the state doesn’t have a decent bow guy.

Yeah, it’s in the back past the gun range. The main tech is Ben. As good or better as Paul at Pats. I grew up taking my bow to Pats Archery. I know both of them very well.
Posted By: mathews prostaff

Re: Bow mechanics bham - 02/18/23 11:12 PM

I'm just north west of bham off 22 in the west Jefferson area.i have been working on them for over 20 yrs if I can be of service to you PM me. I would be glad to help
Posted By: hoggin

Re: Bow mechanics bham - 03/08/23 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by mathews prostaff
I'm just north west of bham off 22 in the west Jefferson area.i have been working on them for over 20 yrs if I can be of service to you PM me. I would be glad to help

Patrick will take care of you, great guy that knows what he’s doing
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Bow mechanics bham - 03/26/23 10:56 PM

Second vote for Partrick. He definitely knows his stuff. He set up/tuned bows for both my grown boys this past year. New cables and strings, draw length mods and rest adjustments. Both bows are set up perfect for them and both bows now shoot lights out, out to 60. One was a Bowtech and the other was a Mathew’s.

Re: Bow mechanics bham - 03/27/23 04:19 PM

I’m going to see him sooner than later it’ll probably be after ball season. I talked to him a couple weeks ago.
Posted By: sbo1971

Re: Bow mechanics bham - 03/27/23 07:56 PM

Are you guys talking about the Patrick that used to work at HDC and then at Nichols?
Posted By: mathews prostaff

Re: Bow mechanics bham - 03/27/23 10:07 PM

I build strings for Nichols but dont work there. I build for a number of shops across the state and have about 350 people per year come to my shop.

Re: Bow mechanics bham - 04/16/23 10:21 PM

Anybody that needs any bow work. Don’t hesitate calling Mathews Prostaff (Patrick). He does excellent work.
Posted By: Hammertime7v2

Re: Bow mechanics bham - 06/05/23 03:06 PM

I build strings for Nichols but dont work there. I build for a number of shops across the state and have about 350 people per year come to my shop.

You have a PM
Posted By: 7x57_Mauser

Re: Bow mechanics bham - 06/06/23 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by turkey247
Originally Posted by twaldrop4

Yeah, it’s in the back past the gun range. The main tech is Ben. As good or better as Paul at Pats. I grew up taking my bow to Pats Archery. I know both of them very well.

I'll second Ben, he's always done me right and as a bow newb he never got frustrated with me or my questions.
Posted By: Paxamus

Re: Bow mechanics bham - 07/15/23 09:01 PM

I’ll third Ben at Hoover Tactical. He is a stand up guy and I’ve directed a lot of folks his way and not one of them was duped into buying anything they didn’t need and every person has been pleased with him. He’s even helped me after I get my bow out of tune.
Posted By: huntingnoob

Re: Bow mechanics bham - 07/20/23 02:20 AM

Headed to see Patrick this week, my third visit this summer, to setup my second bow I picked up last week. He’s a wizard! PM me if you need more info
Posted By: Morris

Re: Bow mechanics bham - 07/20/23 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by hoggin

Patrick will take care of you, great guy that knows what he’s doing

This^
© 2024 ALDEER.COM