Aldeer.com

Samick Sage?

Posted By: redgineer

Samick Sage? - 05/03/22 02:09 AM

Anyone have experience with them? I've seen a lot of good reviews online, but I'm skeptical of a bow made out of Chinesium.

Any other recommendations on a takedown recurve with attachment mounts would be appreciated. I would be willing to spend up to $500, but don't want to pay more if I don't need to. I'm new to archery, so I would like lower poundage limbs available to get started with.
Posted By: AMB

Re: Samick Sage? - 05/03/22 03:25 AM

Probably the best bow for the money that you will find, especially if you’re just testing the waters.
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Samick Sage? - 05/03/22 07:58 PM

There is a bow on amazon called a black hunter..its a takedown and it comes in either a recurve or a reflex deflex long bow..theg have some excellent reviews..occasionally there is a dud..but rarely..it combined with a decent string makes for a dang fine beginner..an i think they are less than a $100
Posted By: Fullthrottle

Re: Samick Sage? - 05/03/22 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by AMB
Probably the best bow for the money that you will find, especially if you’re just testing the waters.

Killed a few with one. First recurve I had.
Posted By: JohnnyLoco

Re: Samick Sage? - 06/19/22 06:49 PM

The sage fits into your description. No need to pay more.

Consider a Southwest Archery Spyder
Posted By: BCLC

Re: Samick Sage? - 06/19/22 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco

It’s a mid-summer miracle. Good to see you posting again JohnnyLoco beers

Re: Samick Sage? - 06/19/22 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by BCLC

It would be nice if it were mid summer brother, I’m usually spent by October, hottest yet to come.

I’ll be in and out brother.
Posted By: DeerNutz0U812_

Re: Samick Sage? - 06/19/22 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by BCLC

I'll second that motion.... beers been a minute glad your crazy ass is back... grin

Re: Samick Sage? - 06/19/22 11:38 PM

I’m the new improved Johnnyloco, Howdy.
Posted By: paulfish4570

Re: Samick Sage? - 06/23/22 02:46 PM

i have the spyder. excellent bow. smooth shooting.
Posted By: loprofile

Re: Samick Sage? - 08/08/22 03:07 PM

I honestly dont think there is much practical hunting difference between a $150 mass produced recurve and a $1200 custom
Posted By: Lonster

Re: Samick Sage? - 08/08/22 08:15 PM

I have a Black Hunter longbow, they also make a recurve. Both have good to great reviews on YouTube. I put a custom string on mine and it shoots really good. No attachment mounts though. You can get them for $100 - $110.00

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Samick Sage? - 08/09/22 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by loprofile
I honestly dont think there is much practical hunting difference between a $150 mass produced recurve and a $1200 custom

You’d be surprised
Posted By: jb20

Re: Samick Sage? - 08/09/22 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by Atoler

You’d be surprised

Yep I've shot both n can definitely tell a difference but u can kill em with anything that'll shoot...
Posted By: Lonster

Re: Samick Sage? - 08/09/22 05:49 PM

You’re probably right but my kids would rather inherit a nice custom bow instead of a $100 Chinese bow and therein lies the reason that I’m currently having 2 custom longbows built, a Toelke Whistler 2 piece and a Big Jim ThunderChild 2 piece.

Lonster
Posted By: loprofile

Re: Samick Sage? - 08/09/22 10:07 PM

I agree and love beautiful bows. I cuurently shoot a Black Widow but I also shoot. 1975 Bear recurve. Both shoot well.
Posted By: gcr0003

Re: Samick Sage? - 08/27/22 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by AMB

X2
Posted By: Chorn

Re: Samick Sage? - 10/04/22 01:40 AM

I prefer buying American but it's not always feasable..I've had several Sage and Sage type bows.
Ditch the stock string amd add a good low stretch string and you will have a good bow.
The ones I had, after changing out the string, shot better than some high dollar recurves I've owned or shot.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM