Aldeer.com

Crossbow Bolts

Posted By: k bush

Crossbow Bolts - 11/29/21 09:56 PM

Let’s try this under the correct forum. Got in on the Black Friday deal posted here. Is it worth it to get bolts with lighted nocks ? Hunting from a ground blind, will it help in recovering the bolts ? Primary goal is doe harvest.

Recommendations on bolts, nocks, broadheads etc ? Do I need crossbow specific targets ?
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Crossbow Bolts - 11/29/21 10:20 PM

For bolts bloodsport witness
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Crossbow Bolts - 11/29/21 10:29 PM

I am trying lighted knocks for first time this year - not easy to recover bolts last year - took lot of work - guessing lighted will be easier
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Crossbow Bolts - 11/29/21 10:33 PM

I shoot black eagle zombie slayers and ramcat hydroshock broad heads. Amazingly accurate with awesome penetration.
Posted By: top cat

Re: Crossbow Bolts - 11/29/21 11:05 PM

Definitely lighted
Posted By: Jdkprp70

Re: Crossbow Bolts - 11/30/21 02:33 AM

I had to shoot a crossbow this season due to rotator cuff surgery. I shot the Headhunter bolts, very accurate, not lighted nocks though. I am a firm believer in Ramcat broadheads, but tried the NAP Killzone out of the crossbow. I'll post up a pic of the results, I was impressed.

Re: Crossbow Bolts - 11/30/21 02:34 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: k bush

Re: Crossbow Bolts - 11/30/21 02:47 AM

Holy crap, I’m assuming that’s an exit ?

Re: Crossbow Bolts - 11/30/21 03:51 AM

Entrance, broke the femur on opposite side and got stuck. I watched him try to run off, fell in sight. Sprayed blood profusely. Angled away at the shot.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Crossbow Bolts - 11/30/21 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jdkprp70
Entrance, broke the femur on opposite side and got stuck. I watched him try to run off, fell in sight. Sprayed blood profusely. Angled away at the shot.

Now don’t be talking him out of ramcats! 😉
Posted By: Lonster

Re: Crossbow Bolts - 12/01/21 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by k bush
Let’s try this under the correct forum. Got in on the Black Friday deal posted here. Is it worth it to get bolts with lighted nocks ? Hunting from a ground blind, will it help in recovering the bolts ? Primary goal is doe harvest.

Recommendations on bolts, nocks, broadheads etc ? Do I need crossbow specific targets ?

Yes for lighted nocks.

Yes for crossbow target.
Posted By: ParrotHead89

Re: Crossbow Bolts - 12/01/21 11:51 AM

I know for ten point all you need to do is buy those fishing bobber lights and put them in the nocks. A lot cheaper that way.
Posted By: Lockjaw

Re: Crossbow Bolts - 12/01/21 08:11 PM

Yes on lighted nocks. I use Full Metal Jacket bolts.
Posted By: Hammertime7v2

Re: Crossbow Bolts - 12/03/21 12:36 PM

I use ten point evo x alpha nocks. They work well but I don't have anything to compare to.

Thats the biggest entry or exit wound I've ever seen.
Posted By: getting old

Re: Crossbow Bolts - 12/05/21 09:50 PM

I shoot Naps also. They make BIG holes in stuff.
Posted By: cgardner

Re: Crossbow Bolts - 12/06/21 01:00 AM

Igniter lighted nocks
Posted By: ghost rabbit

Re: Crossbow Bolts - 12/27/21 03:08 AM

It depends what bow you're shooting and what distances you plan to shoot at. Any bolt can kill a deer but there are definitely better arrows. Spynal Tapps and Zombie's at .001 are very good but not cheap. If you don't have the fastest top notch xbow out then the best arrows aren't as important. I would recommend the Laser pro bolts for a good all around bolt. Shoot the arrows you plan to hunt with especially with the cheaper less quality bolts, as they don't always group the same. When you find an arrow that won't group just set it aside.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM