Aldeer.com

Shoot-through blind mesh … OK or not?

Posted By: M48scout

Shoot-through blind mesh … OK or not? - 09/07/21 12:57 AM

What is the prevailing stance on shoot-through blind mesh? Trying to get things set up for my son, and just placed a Rhino blind out on the edge of a green field. The front window is pretty large and has fold away mesh that is supposedly shoot through. Not sure what to do here because I don’t want a window that large open at the distances we plan to shoot (under 20 yds). He’ll be shooting a compound bow with a short draw and maybe 44lbs pull.

Curious if people have done this with success, or maybe I ought to just pull it down out of the way (?).
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: Shoot-through blind mesh … OK or not? - 09/07/21 01:23 AM

It'll be fine just shoot a fixed blade broadhead
Posted By: AMB

Re: Shoot-through blind mesh … OK or not? - 09/07/21 11:47 AM

Set up a target and shoot through it
Posted By: thayerp81

Re: Shoot-through blind mesh … OK or not? - 09/07/21 05:44 PM

I've shot rear deploying mechanicals (Rage and Tenpoint) through the mesh screens without issue, but I would be leery of any of the front deploying mechanicals that are help together with rubber bands or a detent. As mentioned, best way to be sure is to setup a target and take a few shots to be sure. If nothing else it will give you confidence in your setup
Posted By: M48scout

Re: Shoot-through blind mesh … OK or not? - 09/07/21 06:01 PM

Thanks guys. This will be a fixed blade, so no opening issues. Next time we are out there I’ll take a target to verify.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM