Aldeer.com

chuck adams

Posted By: king

chuck adams - 06/17/21 02:12 PM

if pope and young kills count , he is the BEST, cant find any info on his family, does he have a wife and kids ???
Posted By: Shaw

Re: chuck adams - 06/17/21 04:05 PM

Why, you interested? šŸ˜†
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: chuck adams - 06/17/21 04:44 PM

maybe you can apply for the position.....
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: chuck adams - 06/17/21 05:53 PM

Dont hear much from old chuck no moreā€¦he gotta be about 70 or 80 now
Posted By: ParrotHead89

Re: chuck adams - 06/17/21 07:05 PM

Didnt he get divorced too?
Posted By: king

Re: chuck adams - 06/17/21 09:12 PM

for bham fred,and shaw, first let me assure you two that I have the upmost respect for CHUCK ADMAS, apparently he is the best bow hunter in the world ,he has 200 animals listed in the pope and young record books, more than any bow hunter in world !!! both of you had "smart" remarks about my question about chucks family. and I don't know why?? nether one of you are any where near as famous as chuck. but I know about you , SHAW, you have a nice family, ive seen them on aldeer, FRED, I know you have a nice family, heard you talk about your grand son getting you bows, our families are special gifts from GOD, so please tell me why you got bent-out when I ask about CHUCKS family ?

Re: chuck adams - 06/17/21 10:53 PM

It was a joke. Lighten up. šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø Personally, I believe Fred Bear was a better bowhunter.
Posted By: BCLC

Re: chuck adams - 06/17/21 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Shaw
It was a joke. Lighten up. šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø Personally, I believe Fred Bear was a better bowhunter.

Thatā€™s rightā€¦even gave him a smiley face to remove any doubt.

Uncle Ted never wrote a song about Chuck Adams. >>>ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”>>

Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: chuck adams - 06/18/21 01:21 AM

Dern, you got bent slap out the frameā€¦they wuz kiddinā€¦also chuck an fred kilt all kinds of stuff..good killers with the funds to go and doā€¦.freds early days were very impressive as he slayed with as stick and strang often...chuck adams camo always matched..i remember that about himā€¦niether one was close to the best..to me..thats my oppinion. I can think of a handful of folks that aint ever left their home state an hunted nothin but deer an turkeys...but they could kill a martian on mars.
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: chuck adams - 06/18/21 02:01 AM

I talked with Chuck for about 30 minutes at the deer hunting exhibition in Birmingham one year. Super nice guy. We talked like we were old friends. I think I taught him a lot in that short conversation. šŸ˜
Posted By: mauvilla

Re: chuck adams - 06/18/21 03:30 AM

Ole Chuck I think used the old Satelite broad heads
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: chuck adams - 06/19/21 04:12 AM

I got to talk to him once and was a great guy. Iā€™ve got a poster he signed and handed to me that day.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: chuck adams - 06/19/21 09:15 PM

Wow. Thatā€™s a name I havenā€™t thought about in a few decades. When I first got interested in bow hunting, I read several of his books. I think I still have buried under some stuff at the office. That guy was awesome. Always wore that little knit hat...

Dr. B
Posted By: Big Game Hunter

Re: chuck adams - 06/21/21 07:32 PM

Tom Miranda has had "decent" success globally.......
Posted By: OlTimer

Re: chuck adams - 06/21/21 11:25 PM

He's either 70 or 71 years old.
Posted By: jb20

Re: chuck adams - 06/22/21 08:01 PM

I think miles Keller ranks up there...
Posted By: BCLC

Re: chuck adams - 06/22/21 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by jb20

Drunk driving and killing a 7yr old pretty much tarnished his legacy. Amazing bowhunter and woodsman though. He knew how to find and kill those great bigā€™uns!
Posted By: Big Bore

Re: chuck adams - 06/24/21 12:10 AM

Chuck is a very very focused hunter. He wasnā€™t a lot of fun to be around at camp during hunts. Not that he was a prick but he treated hunting more like a job than a hobby. If your full time job was hunting and thatā€™s all you did, and you had the financial backing, you would be shocked what you could do. As all seasoned hunters know, killing book animals starts with hunting where they live! Chuck only hunted where there was trophy animals. He didnā€™t waste time hunting for fun. It was all business. But yes, he was very successful at his hunting career.

If you remember, he had a little bit of a spat with Dr. Warren Strickland over fixed blade vs expandable. Chuck drew a line in the sand on using fixed heads and Warren was aggressively promoting the use of expandables. Eventually Chuck threw in the towel and switched to expandable broadheads too.
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: chuck adams - 06/24/21 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by jb20

Yes, he was good. I remember trying one of the pendulum sights he promoted. I never did like that thing. I went back to one of the old K-T bead sights and gave the pendulum to a friend.

Re: chuck adams - 06/24/21 03:37 PM

That old Keller pendulum sight sounded like you were beating a bucket of loose bolts up against a tree when you shot.
Posted By: top cat

Re: chuck adams - 06/24/21 10:53 PM

That old Keller pendulum sight sounded like you were beating a bucket of loose bolts up against a tree when you shot.

Killed 30+ using one wink
Posted By: RCHRR

Re: chuck adams - 06/25/21 07:35 PM

I used a Keller for several years and never missed or lost a deer.
Posted By: oldandwise

Re: chuck adams - 06/25/21 08:49 PM

Fred bear first bow I had was his whitetail
Posted By: Big Bore

Re: chuck adams - 06/27/21 03:23 AM

I got a bear whitetall in 1982. Still have it.
Posted By: Strictlybow

Re: chuck adams - 06/27/21 06:47 PM

Same here.

I still have my Bear Whitetail Hunter from about 1982. Still have my dads that was a little older also.
Posted By: oldandwise

Re: chuck adams - 06/27/21 08:52 PM

Unfortunates mine was given to an unappriative kid šŸ¤” me
Posted By: YB21

Re: chuck adams - 06/29/21 04:31 AM

Hell i thought TK and Mike were the best until I was probably 8 or 9 haha
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: chuck adams - 06/29/21 05:28 PM

Posted By: Woodsman8

Re: chuck adams - 06/30/21 02:57 PM

I remember Chuck always had him a quiver Full of arrows in his pics. Like 8 or so
Posted By: MGrubber

Re: chuck adams - 07/10/21 01:43 AM

Chuck definetly wasn't one whose camo always matched. Maybe in later years when he had gained some recognition and sponsorships. If you were following his writings in the 70's, early 80's as I was, most of his warm weather hunts were done in plaid shirts and blue jeans. He wrote many times about camo not being necessary. Also He wrote many times in his early career about preferring to use a guide or outfitter only when the law required it. He also didn't come from wealth and I don't think he ever got really wealthy. I don't think you get rich from freelance archery hunting stories sold to magazines and a couple books that couldn't of sold that many copies to the small number of archers around in his heyday. As far as comparing Chuck and Fred To Qoute Jim Daugherty then President of North American Archery Group " I am not going to compare him to Fred Bear, they are totally different people. Fred was a pioneer in rekindling interest in archery in America but there is no doubt Chuck Adams is the most recognizable figure in Bowhunting today." I think that probably stands true today even though it was said over 25years ago. Pick up a copy of Life at Full Draw and read it sometime. You just might gain a little respect for the man.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM