Aldeer.com

Rushmore Rumble

Posted By: sluggun

Rushmore Rumble - 02/13/21 04:03 AM

Well guys we finally made it to Yankton, South Dakota at about 3pm this afternoon to shoot the Rushmore Rumble. I started driving at 7pm yesterday after working a 12 hour day shift and drove all but 3 hours of the trip. My wife drove the 3 hours that I didn't. It's been a stressful trip but we made it safely. There was a bad ice storm in Arkansas and we drove probably 30 miles on the interstate at 25 mph. Finally got out of that and into snow from Missouri on through Iowa and into South Dakota. I've never driven in anything like this so it's been an adventure already and the tournament hasn't even started. I shoot my first round tomorrow at 8 pm. It'll be 12 five arrow ends on a 5 spot Vegas target. That's 60 shots plus two practice ends before scoring starts. I rode over and shot a 6 end practice round at 6pm this afternoon after having about 4 hours sleep in two days and didn't do to bad so maybe tomorrow will be better after I've had some rest. Y'all wish me luck and say a prayer for safe travels. I'll need all the luck I can get because this is my first tournament in senior pro class. These old guys can still shoot.
Oh yeah, it's -6 degrees up here now and gonna be -27 by Sunday. Here's a couple of pictures and videos of the snow in Iowa on our trip up here. I can't seem to get the videos to post right. Maybe someone can fix it for me.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/tUrXBpE.gifv[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/89N5ESL.gifv[/img]

This is my 30 shot practice round from this afternoon.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Teacher One

Re: Rushmore Rumble - 02/13/21 02:24 PM

Good Luck! Hope the shoot is as good as your practice!

Re: Rushmore Rumble - 02/13/21 02:28 PM

It's warmed up to 0 degrees outside this morning and snowed a little last night. Looks like I'm going to have to scrape the snow and ice off my windshield. Oh yeah, don't bother to buy the -30 degree windshield wiper fluid at Wal-Mart. That crap froze up yesterday when we came through Arkansas and it was only 25 degrees outside.

I'll try to post some pictures of the tournament later tonight after my round.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Rushmore Rumble - 02/13/21 02:30 PM

Good thing you’re not shooting outside. 🥶 Good luck Scott.
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Rushmore Rumble - 02/13/21 02:33 PM

Good luck. See if they have any 3D shoots going on while you're there!!!!

Re: Rushmore Rumble - 02/13/21 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by BowtechDan
Good luck. See if they have any 3D shoots going on while you're there!!!!

That's a gonna be a negative for me. I nearly got frostbite on my fingers trying to get my bow out of the truck last night without my gloves on. I don't plan on being outside up here no longer than it takes to run from the truck to the building.
Posted By: ParrotHead89

Re: Rushmore Rumble - 02/13/21 02:59 PM

Flip your wippers up every night.

Re: Rushmore Rumble - 02/13/21 05:59 PM

A little something for later tonight to get warmed back up.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: Rushmore Rumble - 02/13/21 06:26 PM

Good luck scott

Re: Rushmore Rumble - 02/13/21 09:23 PM

Gonna be tough holding that pin on the x tomorrow with a hangover. 😜

Re: Rushmore Rumble - 02/14/21 12:00 AM

The Supra is dressed up and ready for her first big dance of the season. As her dance partner I hope I can hold up my end of the deal.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Rushmore Rumble - 02/14/21 01:58 AM

The dance is fixing to start

[Linked Image]

Re: Rushmore Rumble - 02/14/21 05:16 AM

Well, day 1 is over with and I shot a 590 with 33 x's. I just couldn't keep it in the 10 ring and I'm just not use to that many shots at one time. I am however thankful to be able to shoot again after breaking my hand in late October. We shoot the Vegas 3 spot target tomorrow so maybe tomorrow will be better.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Rushmore Rumble - 02/14/21 02:34 PM

I shoot my final round at 11 am. It will be on the Vegas 3 spot target. It will consist of 10 three arrow ends. Hopefully I can minimize the damage and not drop any more positions.
www.ianseo.net is the link to scoring if anyone wants to see how it's going.
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: Rushmore Rumble - 02/14/21 05:32 PM

Might woulda done better if you had a got a lil deeper in that jug of fireball to help with nerves
Posted By: Jus_me

Re: Rushmore Rumble - 02/14/21 06:33 PM

Good luck and safe travels

Re: Rushmore Rumble - 02/14/21 07:35 PM

Well, it is finished. I shot slightly better today. I shot two 9's on the second end and didn't give up any more points after that. It is definitely harder to hit those little dots in front of a crowd than it is shooting in the back yard.

[Linked Image]

Re: Rushmore Rumble - 02/14/21 07:58 PM

I never was good at dot shooting. Used to piss me off to no end not being able to hit that x at 20 yards every time.

Re: Rushmore Rumble - 02/14/21 08:51 PM

I finished at #20 in senior pro. Not bad for my first tournament of this kind. Now I have to get ready for Foley in two weeks.

Re: Rushmore Rumble - 02/14/21 09:19 PM

Dont know when your headed home, but keep an eye on that weather. It is fixin to get nasty in the middle part of US and other places as well.

Re: Rushmore Rumble - 02/14/21 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by ParrotHead89

Dont know when your headed home, but keep an eye on that weather. It is fixin to get nasty in the middle part of US and other places as well.

Yeah, it was -14 here this morning and supposed to be -25 tonight. We're going to leave here in the morning and head over to Mount Rushmore.

Re: Rushmore Rumble - 02/14/21 10:40 PM

Good for you thats a cool site. Chief Crazy Horse is right up the road.

Re: Rushmore Rumble - 02/15/21 07:52 PM

A few more pictures

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
© 2024 ALDEER.COM