Aldeer.com

ILF recurves

Posted By: cchoque93

ILF recurves - 02/08/21 03:40 PM

Any information would be great. I’m looking into getting one for next season
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: ILF recurves - 02/08/21 10:30 PM

The ilf stuff is pretty much target related. There fairly long and are designed more for indoor and olympic style archery. I guess you could hunt with it but what them things cost you can get samic or a black widow recurve or even a real nice compound
Posted By: AMB

Re: ILF recurves - 02/09/21 03:46 AM

The ilf recurves are very adjustable, you can adjust the bow to shoot a certain arrow instead of you having to find the arrow that your bow will shoot. The tunability of the ilf world has no close second. I have a couple of wf19 risers and Sebastian flute elite+ limbs on them, a very smooth combo with good performance. I don’t agree with Ar1220 because there has been an explosion of shorter, hunting risers since DAS came out with the kinetic hunter. Before the DAS was the warf bows which were old compound risers machined to fit the ilf limbs onto them. The reason for doing this was to have a shorter riser because you gain about a pound for every inch that the riser was shorter than the standard 25 inch ilf target riser. This would give them hunting weight bows that were more maneuverable. Now there are too many manufacturers to name. Lots of great ilf info and history over on Tradtalk.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: ILF recurves - 02/09/21 10:48 AM

I'll echo what AMB said. There is no downside to them. Once you invest in a good riser, you can buy and swap limbs until you find exactly what you're looking for. I've got a LH DAS Dalaa that I need to sell. It's either 17 or 19" I've also got a couple of "warfable" LH compound risers. They have not been converted yet.

My shoulders won't let me shoot any longer. I was in some high cotton when I bought that thing. Best shooting bow I ever had. You could swap limbs and go from lightweight target shooting to hunting limbs in about a minute.

Re: ILF recurves - 02/09/21 03:18 PM

I’m looking into getting a hunting recurve. I have an older one that’s fun to shoot, but it’s stacking because of my long DL.

Re: ILF recurves - 02/09/21 03:19 PM

I’m looking at Hoyt Satori knock off that’s made in same factory in China. It’s called a TBow if you look it up. It’s a 19” riser
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: ILF recurves - 02/09/21 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by cchoque93
I’m looking at Hoyt Satori knock off that’s made in same factory in China. It’s called a TBow if you look it up. It’s a 19” riser

You mentioned stacking..... the worst bow I ever had to stack was a Hoyt. And it stacked at 28”
Posted By: AMB

Re: ILF recurves - 02/10/21 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin
You mentioned stacking..... the worst bow I ever had to stack was a Hoyt. And it stacked at 28”

Lol, me too
Posted By: Sgiles

Re: ILF recurves - 02/10/21 08:31 PM

Lancaster archery probably has about the best online selection that I know of . They also have some videos to help you choose the right length for you. They mostly sell trad tech and galaxy brand. At least in the past you could get an email response if you had any questions, or you could call them. A warf compound riser with some cheaper limbs is a good option if you just want to try it without spending as much.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM