Aldeer.com

LFTT 10/19

Posted By: Spec

LFTT 10/19 - 10/19/20 11:50 AM

Present. Son is out of school today so I took the day off.
Posted By: Broadhead26

Re: LFTT 10/19 - 10/19/20 12:06 PM

I’m back at it as well. I’m back at the feeder and the winds in my favor. We’ll see if the spike on one side I’ve been chasing comes out. It’s a 5pt on one, spike on the other.
Posted By: DeerNutz0U812_

Re: LFTT 10/19 - 10/19/20 01:23 PM

Beautiful morning to stick one..... go get em guys... thumbup

Re: LFTT 10/19 - 10/19/20 03:10 PM

Shot at a nice one earlier. Can’t find my arrow or any blood. Going to hunt the spot again tonight and hope to find the lighted nock.

Can’t fathom I could of missed that one. Perfect broadside at 30yds.
Posted By: johnv

Re: LFTT 10/19 - 10/19/20 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Broadhead26
Shot at a nice one earlier. Can’t find my arrow or any blood. Going to hunt the spot again tonight and hope to find the lighted nock.

If you need help this evening and you are close to Marshall county I can bring my dogs to check for you
Posted By: gman

Re: LFTT 10/19 - 10/19/20 04:40 PM

I hope you find it. It'd be my luck, when i went looking at dusk, i'd see my lit nock 10' up a tree that i didn't see while concentrating on my shot. smile
Posted By: Buck slayer 15

Re: LFTT 10/19 - 10/19/20 05:01 PM

Hope you find him

Re: LFTT 10/19 - 10/19/20 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by johnv

If you need help this evening and you are close to Marshall county I can bring my dogs to check for you

Appreciate the offer but I’m near Russellville hunting this afternoon.

Still can’t find my arrow. I had a trailcam right infront of the deer and I think I may have caught the broadhead exiting. Possible gut shot but I can’t find my arrow to confirm.

Re: LFTT 10/19 - 10/19/20 06:50 PM

[Linked Image]

Here’s the pic. It’s the best til I get home and upload it to a computer. Possible broadhead going through? Still no arrow or blood.
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: LFTT 10/19 - 10/19/20 07:17 PM

Looks like an arrow coming out his belly. If that was a perfectly broadside shot then that's no bueno. Depending on how much quarted to your he was you may have caught some liver

Re: LFTT 10/19 - 10/19/20 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by dirkdaddy
Looks like an arrow coming out his belly. If that was a perfectly broadside shot then that's no bueno. Depending on how much quarted to your he was you may have caught some liver

It was quartering towards slightly. At this point I’m kind of praying it was just a miss and I get my arrow back when it gets dark. If it was a gut shot, I’m assuming I would be able to still find the arrow since the nock supposedly is good for 24 hours.

Re: LFTT 10/19 - 10/19/20 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by dirkdaddy

I was shot from between the trees with the red mark.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: CeeHawk37

Re: LFTT 10/19 - 10/19/20 07:42 PM

May have nicked the liver but definitely got some guts on that shot. Might be a situation for a tracking dog. Looks like a nice buck so fingers crossed for the recovery.

Re: LFTT 10/19 - 10/19/20 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by CeeHawk37
May have nicked the liver but definitely got some guts on that shot. Might be a situation for a tracking dog. Looks like a nice buck so fingers crossed for the recovery.

That’s what I’m afraid of. It would be my personal best if did get it. I’m in the middle of a pine thicket so it’s going to be one hell of a time to track if I can find any blood.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: LFTT 10/19 - 10/19/20 08:19 PM

Your only hope is to wait 15 to 16 hours and call a dog. If he was quartered to you, you most likely got the stomach as well as the intestines. You’re too far back for the liver. He will die, but it’s going to be a very tough blood trail without a dog.

[Linked Image]

Re: LFTT 10/19 - 10/19/20 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Shaw
Your only hope is to wait 15 to 16 hours and call a dog. If he was quartered to you, you most likely got the stomach as well as the intestines. You’re too far back for the liver. He will die, but it’s going to be a very tough blood trail without a dog.

[Linked Image]

I agree. I’m just waiting for sundown in my truck and then hopefully I’ll be able to find the arrow then call a tracker. I’m pretty embarrassed to booger a shot this bad. Guess my practicing all summer didn’t help me much.
Posted By: Doeslayer44

Re: LFTT 10/19 - 10/19/20 09:25 PM

Settle in for my first set of the year. Ran a couple off walking in. Got some hog sign too. Good luck fellas

Re: LFTT 10/19 - 10/19/20 11:40 PM

Finally found my arrow!

Bad news is that it’s clean.
Good news is that it’s clean.

He lives another day ...and I’ll be waiting.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM