Aldeer.com

Broadhead of choice and why?

Posted By: JCT

Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/15/20 03:13 AM

What 100gr broadhead do you use and choose?...why?
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/15/20 03:17 AM

I choose rock...rock good..rock iz frend...ugg
Posted By: jb20

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/15/20 03:23 AM

Muzzy cuz its bad to the bone...honestly tho I never saw a reason to change if I hit em right they gonna die...they may be better out there but until one fails me I won't find out on my own...
Posted By: green river 123

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/15/20 03:49 AM

slick trick
Posted By: Claims Rep.

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/15/20 05:27 AM

NAP Killzone MAXX. It’s a mechanical broadhead, doesn’t require a collar to stay closed, and has a 2 3/8” cut creating a very large hole. See below.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jdkprp70

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/15/20 10:07 AM

Ramcat fixed blade, great flight and penetration
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/15/20 12:32 PM

I use a 200gr STOS or a 180gr German Kenitics Silverflame, the best broached ever made.
Posted By: Out back

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/15/20 12:51 PM

There is only one truly dependable, proven and time tested broadhead. The 3 blade Muzzy.

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/15/20 02:25 PM

Mark, I shot three blade muzzy for several years and the Silverflame is ten times the broadhed a muzzy is.
Posted By: Buck slayer 15

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/15/20 03:06 PM

Ram cat
Posted By: twaldrop4

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/15/20 03:52 PM

Grimm reaper
Posted By: BamaStrapAssassi

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/15/20 04:36 PM

two blade single bevel 200 grain Grizzly
Posted By: Forrestgump1

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/15/20 05:02 PM

Ramcat 125. Fixed blade 3 blade head with 1.5 cut. Flies like a field point.
Posted By: Fun4all

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/15/20 05:11 PM

190 grain Simmons Interceptor or 190 grain Simmons TreeShark.
Posted By: Semo

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/15/20 05:21 PM

3 blade muzzy. Though I have shot the NAP Spitfires and Thunderheads. They leave huge holes and lots of blood if you make a good shot, but I just don't trust them on a bad one.

I was forced to switch to mechanical for a few years due to buying arrows that weren't stiff enough until I fixed the problem and bought new arrows. Glad I'm back to using fixed blades.
Posted By: Broadhead26

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/15/20 05:55 PM

Used rage 3 blades before but had a bad experience with one so I moved to fixed.
Used Montec G5 last year with a good result but I’m trying magnus stingers (2 blade) this year.
Posted By: TurkeyJoe

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/15/20 11:12 PM

Rage 2 blade 125s for the last 12+ seasons
Posted By: jono23

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/16/20 02:19 AM

I shoot rage 125s and some Montec G5s. Both have killed deer and haven't had any issues with either..yet.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/16/20 02:30 AM

Rage Trypans and Musacchia NBS 100’s.
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/16/20 02:58 AM

I’ve killed deer with half a dozen or more broadheads, both fixed and mechanical. I’ve settled on 100 grain slick tricks and 2 blade wasp jak-knifes.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/16/20 11:41 AM

Muzzy 3 blade
Posted By: RCHRR

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/16/20 01:37 PM

Thunderhead 100gr. If it’s killin why change.
Posted By: 87dixieboy

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/16/20 02:50 PM

rage extreme
Posted By: Joe4majors

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/16/20 11:47 PM

I'm torn on what to use. I rarely have a deer within bow range and have yet to even get a true shot off. I don't count a Hail Mary a few years ago nor the time I shot one off my back porch in my boxers. I had a swhacker on my knocked arrow last season, but it would be cool to shoot one with the thunderheads I've had since I was a teen.
Posted By: Gobl4me

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/17/20 01:40 AM

Rage hypodermic 125gr 2-blade
Posted By: jmudler

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/17/20 02:09 AM

Nap spitfires. Xbow manufacture recommended them
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/17/20 03:41 AM

NONE
I only shoot 125gr heads and will not shoot a mechanical. I saw one cut out of an elk that was killed with a gun and it had failed to open.
I shoot Thunderheads, Slick Trick Magnums, and Viper Tricks

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/17/20 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Joe4majors
I'm torn on what to use. I rarely have a deer within bow range and have yet to even get a true shot off. I don't count a Hail Mary a few years ago nor the time I shot one off my back porch in my boxers. I had a swhacker on my knocked arrow last season, but it would be cool to shoot one with the thunderheads I've had since I was a teen.

They're good proven heads
Posted By: JKlep

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/17/20 03:11 PM

Refuse to use any type of mechanical. Best deer I have ever shot was with a rage that failed to open. Guy next door killed him the next week with a rifle. I switched to Slick Trick after that happened and have not had an animal leave my sight since.

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/17/20 03:58 PM

Rage is awesome, if you enjoy trailing a deer for ten miles and finding him 6 days later, with the help of circling buzzards.

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/17/20 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Out back
Rage is awesome, if you enjoy trailing a deer for ten miles and finding him 6 days later, with the help of circling buzzards.

This has not been my experience, but I’ve only killed 14 or 15 with them.

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/17/20 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by TurkeyJoe

Who was that TV star who found his deer 5 days later? That was his position too.
I've only killed a hundred or more deer with a Muzzy. 👍

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/17/20 04:31 PM

I kill deer with rock..good sharp rock...kill deer bigly..ugg
Posted By: 3% outdoorsman

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/17/20 08:17 PM

So far favorite is ram cat fly great and quite but the blades get damaged to easy
Slick trik is second favorite but usually require a little more bow tuning to fly with Field points.they are noisy and had a deer jump one but they are very tough

Ram cats are easy to deal with and get good penatration
Posted By: JKlep

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/17/20 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by 3% outdoorsman
So far favorite is ram cat fly great and quite but the blades get damaged to easy
Slick trik is second favorite but usually require a little more bow tuning to fly with Field points.they are noisy and had a deer jump one but they are very tough

Ive never had any issue with either tuning or noise with my slick tricks. Which ones were they?

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/17/20 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by TurkeyJoe

Who was that TV star who found his deer 5 days later? That was his position too.
I've only killed a hundred or more deer with a Muzzy. 👍

I wasn’t claiming that they are the best or better than any other, or that they won’t mess up the next time I shoot one. I was merely providing some experiential knowledge on the subject, just in case all you knew about them was what you saw on hunting shows. Congratulations on your hundred deer by the way, Muzzy is a good broadhead.

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/17/20 08:56 PM

I remember now, it was Hank Parker. Anyway he was all giddy over the Rage broadhead. Took him 5 days to find his deer, with the help of circling buzzards, some several miles from where it was shot.
He was still singing the praise of the Rage, talking about what an impressive entry hole, while holding a rotting deer carcass. 😂
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/17/20 09:28 PM

I've never had a bad experience with any broadhead, fixed or mechanical. I've been totally pleased with all of them I've used (over 30 years), but I will say I hated the G5 Montecs because I could never get them sharp, and dang sure couldn't resharpen them. However, they graveyarded every deer I ever shot with them.

Over all those years I've shot 3-blade Muzzys more than anything else, and have been shooting the new Trocar models since they've been out. They are super lethal, fly completely true, readily available local to me, and are affordable enough I can replace (fully, or just new blades) when I want to.

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/17/20 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by ikillbux
I've never had a bad experience with any broadhead, fixed or mechanical. I've been totally pleased with all of them I've used (over 30 years), but I will say I hated the G5 Montecs because I could never get them sharp, and dang sure couldn't resharpen them. However, they graveyarded every deer I ever shot with them.

Over all those years I've shot 3-blade Muzzys more than anything else, and have been shooting the new Trocar models since they've been out. They are super lethal, fly completely true, readily available local to me, and are affordable enough I can replace (fully, or just new blades) when I want to.

I tried to ReSharpen some G5s on a flat diamond stone. I finally realized that they have a slight angle, not flat.
It takes more time and labor but if you run each edge individually you can get them razor sharp.

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/17/20 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by JKlep

Ive never had any issue with either tuning or noise with my slick tricks. Which ones were they?

The standard 4 blade.i want say trouble tuning just had to add a few twist to a yoke leg to fine tune no big deal since I have a bow press.very common
And yes I flung one at a deer and holy crap I could here the wind off of it and noticed a little shooting them in yard while tuning.not knocking them just my experience.ill buy em again

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/18/20 12:05 AM

I remember now, it was Hank Parker. Anyway he was all giddy over the Rage broadhead. Took him 5 days to find his deer, with the help of circling buzzards, some several miles from where it was shot.
He was still singing the praise of the Rage, talking about what an impressive entry hole, while holding a rotting deer carcass. 😂

If it was Hank Parker, he was praising the Swhacker broadheads, not Rage.

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/18/20 12:10 AM

Yeah seems like his sponsors was swacker and c'mere deer

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/18/20 12:16 AM

This was several years ago and maybe it was swaker but I swear I thought it was rage.
Anyway it was funny and rediculous too.
Posted By: FlyinRN

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/18/20 12:55 AM

I like to try different things. I can’t tell you how many different broadheads I’ve killed deer with. This year I’m trying out a couple different hybrids. NAP DK 4 blade and Muzzy Hybrid. My two favorite mechanicals are Grim Reaper Razortip 1 3/8” and G5 Deadmeat.
Posted By: mauvilla

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/18/20 02:46 AM

Slick Trick Grizz trick 2’s and NAP kill zones , both are super accurate , cut big holes -and kill deer quickly
Posted By: Justin Brown

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/18/20 03:08 PM

I've killed deer with Thunderheads, Muzzy's, Rock Mtn Snypers, and Rage. Only deer I've ever lost was with a G5 Striker but it wasn't the broadheads fault, terrible shot by me.
Posted By: bwhunter

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/18/20 07:28 PM

I've killed my last 15 or so deer with the NAP Killzone but I rarely get a pass through with them. I'm going back to fixed blade this year and using the Grizzly Stik Samurai 125
Posted By: slick_trick

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/19/20 01:29 AM

Magnus black hornet for me this year, ramcat and slick trick in the past. Both performed well, I just like change I guess. Trying to find something to make em deader.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/19/20 02:18 AM

I’ve been using Thunderhead 100s since I started bowhunting in ‘92. They’ve never given me a reason to change. They fly great and just work like they’re supposed to.

I hope to try them out on an elk the next time I draw a tag.
Posted By: Scott4Hunting

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/24/20 03:04 PM

I’ve had good experience with all I’ve used. Rocky Mountain, Muzzy, and currently shooting Rage. I’ve read a lot of good reviews on Ram Cat so that will probably be my next purchase when I shoot up all my Rage broadheads.
Posted By: Cibola

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/24/20 05:14 PM

The guys from Seek One recently put out a pretty good broadhead comparison video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPPub3YidrI
Posted By: turkey247

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/25/20 02:10 AM

Well, the question was 100 gr. and half of y’all can’t read thumbup

100 gr 3 blade tricks > muzzy.

Something about the tricks when you put them together. Muzzy feels cheaply made these days. Tricks fly truer IMO.
Posted By: Geno

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/25/20 02:33 PM

Up until the latest crossbow, g5 montecs. Now chinadermics. The montec does not group well past 40 yards in the centerpoint 415 I have now. The chinadermics all stack into a couple inches at 100 yards and poi is less than an inch from poa. I would have preferred a fixed blade but they don't fly well for me. Have not shot an animal with the mechs yet so we'll see what happens.

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/27/20 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by N2TRKYS
I’ve been using Thunderhead 100s since I started bowhunting in ‘92. They’ve never given me a reason to change. They fly great and just work like they’re supposed to.

I hope to try them out on an elk the next time I draw a tag.

Don't wait on a tag go OTC

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/27/20 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by JKlep

I've never had a problem with the magnums or vipertricks. They fly with my other 2 brands of broadheads and my field points without doing any extra tuning

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/27/20 11:35 PM

I settled on the Slick Trick Magnums on a 340 Gold Tip Kinetic Pierce. My VXR likes them a little better than the Musacchia’s. Installed my last set of strings for the year at 2 this afternoon and shot this group with 2 field points and a broadhead at 60 yards about an hour ago. Moved the sight 1 click to the right and called it good. 😜

[Linked Image]
Posted By: fingers

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/28/20 02:20 AM

Single bevel 175 Grizzly.
Posted By: Mww460

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 09/28/20 05:13 AM

GrizzlyStik Samurai OVERKIL in either 150 or 175
Posted By: ALMODUX

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 10/24/20 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by Jdkprp70
Ramcat fixed blade, great flight and penetration

I’ve used a lot of different fixed and mechanical heads over the years. Only ‘failure’ was an original muzzy fixed blade. Partly the fault of the shot (hit main shoulder bone), but those thin muzzy blade sheared off on entry, and exit was a pencil hole. Found pieces of blades on the ground at impact site. Tracked small blood in thick stuff for a while, until it ran out. Looked for two days. Found it later in gun season with arrow hole in shoulder bone and blade pieces in the bone. Just always picked stouter bladed heads after that. Maybe it was a fluke. Only takes one to burn you, though.

I’ve had excellent results with most anything that shot well, mechanical or fixed. One piece in my stick bows have been great, too.
If it’s sharp, sturdy, and flies good, it’ll kill deer quick.

Last 5-6 years have used Ramcats (100-125) exclusively with compounds and the kids crossbow....only head I’ve seen that consistently leaves good blood out the entry AT the impact site, and not just 5-10 yards after the deer takes off. Not a deal maker/breaker, but it’s nice to know exactly where it was hit, when starting out in the dark. .....but the main thing is they’ve flown very accurate and with field tip consistency, so I have no excuses. wink I am thinking of tryin their expandable heads they have out.

My youngest shot a skittish doe about 5yrs ago, at over 40 with the crossbow that reversed the quarter on us at the shot....ram at blew through front shoulder, three ribs, rear femur, and part of pelvis ( deer contorted like heck at the shot). It hit the ground back first. Literally blew it off it’s feet. Buried a foot deep in a chert mound behind it, and I’m still shooting that head today....blades were a bit bent, but head was great.
Posted By: hopper35005

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 10/24/20 03:49 AM

I was a huge shwacker fan until I shot one of my biggest bucks and didn’t find him,however he is still alive so that helps me feel a little better, but it was also piss poor shot placement( front brisket ) I have now switched to the Rage hypodermics no collar

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 10/24/20 04:30 AM

I think i have kilt deer with most of the heads mentioned on here so far except my rock...i have come to one conclusion..if you pokem through both lungs an get an exit wound on bout anything...1inch+....they go die die😁
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 10/24/20 11:40 AM

Ive shot the rage broadhead since before they were rage....they used to be Rocky Mountain
I am considering the Sevr broadhead for next season
Posted By: 700ltr308

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 10/24/20 12:19 PM

Rage because it makes a hole like a 300 win magnum.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 10/24/20 02:05 PM

Muzzy 3 blade 100gr. They kill stuff
Posted By: Booger

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 10/24/20 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Shaw
I settled on the Slick Trick Magnums on a 340 Gold Tip Kinetic Pierce. My VXR likes them a little better than the Musacchia’s. Installed my last set of strings for the year at 2 this afternoon and shot this group with 2 field points and a broadhead at 60 yards about an hour ago. Moved the sight 1 click to the right and called it good. 😜

[Linked Image]

I could have shot a tighter group with my longbow at 70yds..........while wearing an Auburn hat. grin

Good shoot’n Sonny!!!
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 10/24/20 05:07 PM

100 gr muzzy 3 blade. Never fails. I’ve killed a truck load with them over the past 25 yrs and the only times I did not get complete pass throughs were when I didn’t do my part and spine shot a couple.
Posted By: Budweiser

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 10/26/20 09:36 PM

I always gave my son a hard time about his Rage hypodermics since I was a fixed blade user. Then he just keeped killing deer, massive blood trails, and big wound channels. So I switched over but I'm a cheapskate. I found the cheap Chinese hypodermic knockoffs on ebay (Like $20 for 12). Ive since killed a bunch of deer and wild hogs with them and I cant tell any difference in these and my sons Rage hypodermics. But whatever you use you have to practice with the broadhead so you know when you release that arrow it will go where you aim. Since these broadheads are so cheap I glue the blades down so not to waste collars for practice shooting, then just switch over to a new one for the hunt and that seems to work well, arrow goes where I send it. I find they are easy to sharpen with an Accusharp. I have my arrows marked in some manner with my best going on the string and 2nd best waiting if I need a follow up shot. I have taken deer with fixed blades (magnus, thunderhead, muzzy) but found it harder to get consistent flight, planning, etc). These mechanicals seem to fly much like field points. Good luck.

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 10/27/20 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Budweiser
These mechanicals seem to fly much like field points. Good luck.

fixed bledes fly like field points if the tuning works been done. I won't chance an elk with a mechanical but, I know some people that do.

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 10/27/20 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Budweiser
I always gave my son a hard time about his Rage hypodermics since I was a fixed blade user. Then he just keeped killing deer, massive blood trails, and big wound channels. So I switched over but I'm a cheapskate. I found the cheap Chinese hypodermic knockoffs on ebay (Like $20 for 12). Ive since killed a bunch of deer and wild hogs with them and I cant tell any difference in these and my sons Rage hypodermics. .

They make knock off lighted nocks too, have you ever tried them or know anyone that has? I'm chicken lol

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 10/27/20 01:55 PM

Yea the cheap lighted nocks work well too. You can get one type that turns of with a mini screwdriver that comes with nocks. I think there are other types which are harder to turn off so may want to stay away from those. Delivery time may take a while in some cases.

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 10/27/20 01:58 PM

Yea the cheap lighted nocks work well too. You can get one type that turns of with a mini screwdriver that comes with nocks. I think there are other types which are harder to turn off so may want to stay away from those. Delivery time may take a while in some cases.
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 10/27/20 05:08 PM

I use slick trick mag 100's but thinking about switching over to a stout single bevel like the massai 200's. Probably stick with the tricks this season and play around with the single bevels in the off season
Posted By: Garove

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 10/27/20 08:22 PM

Anyone shot the QAD Exodus?
Posted By: Rooster600

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 10/28/20 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Garove

Yes. Good broadhead, shoots well and is very strong.
Posted By: Garove

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 10/28/20 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rooster600

I bought a 3 pack excited to try. I’ve never shot a fixed blade . Only rages
Posted By: huntfish24

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 10/28/20 06:50 PM

I bought a 3 pack excited to try. I’ve never shot a fixed blade . Only rages

Agree, love the Exodus. Currently shooting the Muzzy trocar and it is very similar to the Exodus, besides the blades not extending back over the shaft. Huge fan of both!!
Posted By: JustHunt

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 10/30/20 04:45 AM

Used to shoot muzzy. Way too much time to try and get em to fly right. NAP Killzones now. Deer rarely if ever run more than 75 yards. Some don’t go 10. Fly like field points and make gaping holes on entry and exit. Best broadhead I’ve ever used
Posted By: globe

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 11/02/20 03:39 PM

I use to shoot wasps in the late 80’s, then I went to rocket mechanical, now I use any cheap 3 blade 100 grain mechanical.
I’ve never lost a deer that I hit correctly. I shoot well behind the shoulder and try to stay out of it. I’ll say mechanicals shoot better than fixed though. It’s funny how people shoot dif places on a deer. I shoot a solid 4” SW of where Shaw’s dot is. I have an orange dot on mine at home too lol.
Posted By: clarkdeer

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 11/07/20 10:46 PM

125 gr for me. I went with the grim reaper pro whitetail specials this year. Haven’t stuck one yet. But I really like the design of these heads.
Posted By: jake5050

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 11/07/20 11:16 PM

I shoot the Spitfire Pro series by NAP.They are a good broadhead
Posted By: skintback

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 11/09/20 07:51 PM

100 gr field tip! fly's true, don't have to worry about it not opening or wind deflective.

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 11/09/20 08:26 PM

German Kinetics Silverflame . I shoot the 180 gr head. It is the sharpest broached made anywhere by anybody and stays that way. Shoots like a field tip. 3 for $100 ain't cheap but they are worth it.
Posted By: oldandwise

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 11/09/20 10:35 PM

fixed over mechanical says Hannah baron you horn doggies😁
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 11/10/20 12:07 AM

I use Slick Trick fixed. The only deer I've lost bowhunting were with Mechanicals. Since I started using Slick Trick 100 gr every one was a pass thru and I heard them crash.Tnheres a pic on Facebook of a bowl at a processors. It's full of broken mechanicals.
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 11/10/20 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by JCT
What 100gr broadhead do you use and choose?...why?

Sharp ones sighted in......they cut well.
Posted By: alexsupertramp

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 11/12/20 11:10 PM

Magnus Stinger Buzzcuts 4 Blade . . . great Broadheads
Posted By: sbo1971

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 11/13/20 02:24 PM

I’ve used the Rage Trypan the last couple of seasons and not too fond of them. I’ve had 4 tips that bent or curled after a pass through, had to take a file and re sharpen them. I have also had really poor blood trails on several deer that were double lunged so this year I’m trying Swhacker.
Posted By: Shhwing

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 11/17/20 11:46 AM

steelforce sabretooth fixed and trying g3 deadmeats this year to see how they perform
Posted By: Hammertime7v2

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 11/22/20 03:09 AM

I used to shoot muzzy 100gr 3-blade, but wound up throwing away 2 out of ever 6-pack I bought because they wobbled so bad on the arrow tester...

The ones that are true fly well, but one out of every three have gone in the garbage.

Testing out RamCat fixed blade 100gr. now.

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 11/22/20 12:28 PM

If you’re a fan of the old school Muzzy’s, check out the Musacchia NBS heads. They’re good quality and made in the USA.
Posted By: 700ltr308

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 11/22/20 12:52 PM

Rage because it leaves a hole like a rifle shot.
Posted By: demp17

Re: Broadhead of choice and why? - 11/22/20 01:17 PM

NAP killzones COC....not had a problem with them in the 5 or so years I've been shooting them.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM