Aldeer.com

Technical Question

Posted By: BruteX

Technical Question - 07/07/20 02:58 PM

I’m gonna try the Magnus Stingers this year. Is it critical to line the edge of the broadhead up with the fletching on the arrow? I never did this with Montecs and couldn’t tell a difference in them.
Posted By: RCHRR

Re: Technical Question - 07/07/20 03:28 PM

Try it and see. If it makes you feel good then do it. I do just because it’s one less thing to worry about.

Re: Technical Question - 07/07/20 03:46 PM

How do you heat the glue up without damaging the carbon arrow to turn the insert?
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Technical Question - 07/07/20 05:33 PM

It makes no difference how the broadhead is oriented to the fletches on a properly tuned bow. You can remove an insert from a carbon shaft by screwing in a field point and slowly heating the field point until the glue breaks loose. Do not apply heat directly to the carbon.

Re: Technical Question - 07/07/20 05:38 PM

Thanks Shaw
Posted By: Shhwing

Re: Technical Question - 07/13/20 05:18 AM

can also lightly sand the face of the arrow removing alittle material will allow you to clock your broadhead to match your fletching. try to do it as flush as possible.
Posted By: Jcalloway

Re: Technical Question - 08/12/20 03:02 AM

I have several years of experience working on bows and different setups. I’m not saying this to gloat, just want you to know I’m not pulling this out of my butt. The only time that matters much is if a bow is not tuned properly. If it’s shooting a bullet hole through paper, then broad head alignment won’t matter.
Posted By: Jcalloway

Re: Technical Question - 08/12/20 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by Shaw
It makes no difference how the broadhead is oriented to the fletches on a properly tuned bow. You can remove an insert from a carbon shaft by screwing in a field point and slowly heating the field point until the glue breaks loose. Do not apply heat directly to the carbon.

I would be very careful with heat now a days as well. This worked great when everyone used hot melt, but the glue used most of the time now, doesn’t loosen up until the carbon starts breaking free, which is a dangerous situation.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM