Aldeer.com

Help with bow purchase

Posted By: jh12gators

Help with bow purchase - 05/29/20 02:51 PM

So I currently shoot a pse stinger. Have only bow hunted in past basically to get by until gun season. I’m investing in hunting in the Midwest and am going to get serious about bow hunting. Already invested in better lock ons, clothing , etc and now time to upgrade the bow. I am a 28” draw length and have no brand loyalty. Just want a light, fast great bow that will last me.

If you were in my shoes what would you do? Buy used or new? I know Mathews and Hoyt are the big names but honestly I don’t care. Heard a lot about Elite of recent as well.

Also any opinions on sights, pins, shooting lights, etc would help. Basically I need help setting myself up for success.

Really would value some input. Don’t really have anyone to ask. Thx in advance
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Help with bow purchase - 05/29/20 03:35 PM

You need to go to a few good shops, look at and shoot as many different bows as you can. Once you get a feel for what you like, then decide on the used vs. new route. Going with a used one can save you a lot cash. Only buy a fully rigged bow if you like all of the accessories. As for a sight, same thing. Try to get your hands on as many as can to see what you like. Good thing about most of them nowadays is they all have pins with wrapped or extended fibers so they’re easily visible in low light. One of the biggest choices you’ll make is a single pin vs. a multi pin. Personally I think a single pin is the only way to go. Your sight picture is clearer and you’re able to dial the sight directly to the yardage you want to shoot.
Posted By: ParrotHead89

Re: Help with bow purchase - 05/29/20 05:03 PM

Go visit Shaw

Re: Help with bow purchase - 05/29/20 05:08 PM

I don’t sell bows or accessories. I sell bowstrings and tune bows.
Posted By: ParrotHead89

Re: Help with bow purchase - 05/29/20 05:38 PM

Sorry Shaw .
Posted By: BCLC

Re: Help with bow purchase - 05/29/20 10:05 PM

10-42 we need a welfare check in Fosters, AL. I’ve read Shaw’s post 575 duzen times and not once was Mathews (one T) mentioned. grin

Good luck on your search jh12gators! Shaw nailed it with his first post.

Re: Help with bow purchase - 05/29/20 10:55 PM

Well, everybody knows they’re the best. whistle
Posted By: jh12gators

Re: Help with bow purchase - 05/30/20 12:16 AM

Thanks for the advice Shaw. I definitely have got to take a road trip and start trying some different ones out. Never shot a single pin I’ll give that a shot as well.

I’ve never even shot a Mathews but I’ll def give one a shot!
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Help with bow purchase - 05/31/20 01:04 AM

Shoot alot of bows as mentioned and go with what feels good. Just because a bows expensive don't mean you will like it best.
Posted By: Claims Rep.

Re: Help with bow purchase - 06/06/20 12:59 AM

Buy this one.....

http://www.aldeer.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3129175#Post3129175
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Help with bow purchase - 06/06/20 06:58 PM

Plus Shaw is butt ugly and so short, you could easily overlook him ! rofl Sorry Sonny, but it's been awhile since I kicked you! LOL

OP, you really couldn't get better advice than what Shaw told you, he is an expert. A great hunter and a past competitive shooter. he won't steer you wrong.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM