Aldeer.com

String Building

Posted By: Shaw

String Building - 04/19/20 08:44 PM

Finally got around to installing my new string building equipment today. It’s like going from driving a Yugo to a Lamborghini. grin It cuts about 30 minutes off the build time for a string set. I can do one in about an hour now with a lot less wear and tear on my hands. The servings look a lot neater too. Built a test string for one of my bows and it came out perfect.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BD

Re: String Building - 04/19/20 08:57 PM

Looks Good!
Posted By: top cat

Re: String Building - 04/19/20 09:08 PM

More time to bake those cookies now. laugh
Posted By: mauvilla

Re: String Building - 04/19/20 10:56 PM

Dang I should have waited a week lol jk , had one installed yesterday and am super happy with it.
Posted By: sluggun

Re: String Building - 04/20/20 12:42 AM

What are going to do with that Baker setup?

Re: String Building - 04/20/20 01:23 AM

Still use it to lay the strings out.
Posted By: Standbanger

Re: String Building - 04/20/20 05:10 PM

Open for business ?

Re: String Building - 04/20/20 06:07 PM

Yep. By appointment.

Re: String Building - 04/20/20 11:24 PM

Did a set for N2TRKYS bow today.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BCLC

Re: String Building - 04/21/20 01:35 AM

Congrats on the new setup Shaw!
Posted By: 3Gs

Re: String Building - 04/21/20 01:13 PM

Nice setup, man!
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: String Building - 04/21/20 06:17 PM

The strings look and shoot great. Thanks again, Sonny.
Posted By: jmudler

Re: String Building - 04/21/20 08:16 PM

sweet setup
Posted By: CAM

Re: String Building - 04/22/20 02:03 PM

Alrighty then, congratulations Sonny!!
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: String Building - 04/22/20 02:13 PM

nice!!

you ever worked on a Bear Carnage before? thinking about getting a new string this year ... let me know; apparently, the limbs can be a bit of an issue with the bow ... bow shoots fine & the string is not that worn -- but the color scheme is way off ... want a red/black string to match what else i've got going on w/the bow

Re: String Building - 04/22/20 03:00 PM

I could build the string set, but I wouldn’t be able to press the bow to install them. I would need adapters for my press.

Re: String Building - 04/22/20 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Shaw
I could build the string set, but I wouldn’t be able to press the bow to install them. I would need adapters for my press.

yup, that's what i've heard ... where do i get the adapters for you -- from Bear Archery? what kind of bow press do you have?

Re: String Building - 04/22/20 03:29 PM

They’re $140.

https://lastchancearchery.com/shop-1/lca-standard-limb-adapters

Re: String Building - 04/22/20 04:59 PM

shew - i'm liking Black & Orange a whole lot better than i thought right about now ... damn
Posted By: Sgiles

Re: String Building - 04/22/20 11:45 PM

So do you build strings for people if they don’t live very close. I’ve got a Hoyt charger I’m going to get strings&cables for soon. I bought my last set from 60x and wasn’t too happy about them. I’d love to keep the money in state. I can press the bow and install myself.

Re: String Building - 04/23/20 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Sgiles
So do you build strings for people if they don’t live very close. I’ve got a Hoyt charger I’m going to get strings&cables for soon. I bought my last set from 60x and wasn’t too happy about them. I’d love to keep the money in state. I can press the bow and install myself.

I ship strings also. PM me if you’re interested. I need to know the colors you want, string, control cable and buss cable lengths.

Re: String Building - 04/23/20 12:58 AM

Sounds great

Re: String Building - 04/23/20 01:06 AM

Curious, what did you not like about the 60X set?

Re: String Building - 04/23/20 02:12 AM

I have to take a couple twist out of the control cable as part of my tuning and the serving come unwound. Basically brand new string.found out later they have a warranty but I didn’t fool with it. I’ll admit I probably twisted them up and down more to get them where they belong since this was the first cam and a half I’ve dealt with but I put the old strings back on and twisted them six ways to Sunday experimenting and they’re still holding up. Not saying it’s they’re fault even but I’ve ordered a few recurve strings from them over the years as well and just never been completely satisfied. I make my own Flemish twist for those now. I’m not bad mouthing 60x but if I can buy local I will.
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: String Building - 04/24/20 09:00 PM

Nice!
Posted By: brett.smith

Re: String Building - 04/25/20 08:01 PM

Always does great work!!

Re: String Building - 04/29/20 02:31 PM

New strings turned out great. Everything seems to be staying right where I put it and after a hundred shots or so no signs of serving wear or or separation. I also appreciated the fact that you will communicate with your customers more so than the bigger places. Thanks

Re: String Building - 04/29/20 03:50 PM

Great to hear Sgiles. thumbup
Posted By: Auburn_03

Re: String Building - 04/29/20 10:01 PM

How many Robin Hood arrows do you have on display?

Re: String Building - 04/29/20 10:15 PM

About a dozen and a half. grin
Posted By: Scott4Hunting

Re: String Building - 07/22/20 01:31 AM

Very nice
© 2024 ALDEER.COM