Aldeer.com

bows and bears

Posted By: king

bows and bears - 02/21/20 02:06 PM

any of you guys bear hunt with a bow ? and ,where would you recommend going to get a bear ?
Posted By: jb20

Re: bows and bears - 02/21/20 03:15 PM

My dad went to Canada few years ago pretty reasonable cost... wasn't nothing fancy just a small cabin on an outfitters place I regret not going it was free to me but i had lot goin on

Re: bows and bears - 02/21/20 03:31 PM

THANKS
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: bows and bears - 02/21/20 06:38 PM

I'd look at Alberta or Saskatchewan
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: bows and bears - 02/22/20 01:46 AM

Id look into Montana. Id find a region with color phase bears. Whatever area Dumont Taxidermy was in Definitly has them.
My son and I will be hunting spring bear with bows starting 01 Apr here

Re: bows and bears - 02/22/20 01:48 AM

Also, any area that allows baiting ups your odds alot. We hunted Cordova Alaska strictly spot and stalk. Lots of bears
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: bows and bears - 02/22/20 02:45 AM

Coastal Carolinas have some big bears,
Northwest Arkansas
North or south Georgia
Several options close to home
Posted By: grundan

Re: bows and bears - 02/22/20 08:55 PM

Little River Wma
Posted By: Stob

Re: bows and bears - 02/23/20 05:34 PM

I was thinking about this the other day, wish there was a closer spot with a spring season.

Re: bows and bears - 02/23/20 07:10 PM

Spring bear VS fall bear has to be thought out depending on your goals. Spring bears have good coats until they start rubbing, then ya better not be wanting a nice rug. Fall bears tend to be more consistent with good coats.

Re: bows and bears - 02/23/20 07:12 PM

I have a spring tag and although I probably won't get one, it'll be a pepperoni kill not a rug. Not even sure I'll worry about size since I have no plans to rug it out if given an opportunity.
Posted By: Big Game Hunter

Re: bows and bears - 02/24/20 08:21 PM

Saskatchewan will be your best bet for cost, size of bear and success rate with archery gear.
Posted By: MountainTopHunter

Re: bows and bears - 03/18/20 11:43 PM

I was on a wolf hunt last week near Timmins, Ontario Canada. The guide that I hunted with also has an awesome bear hunting setup. He takes great care of you. He took good care of me, meeting me at the airport and going with me to a store to get my license. You will stay at a cabin on the lake so you can fish if you tag out early or fish during the day. He has employees that work 40 hours weeks keeping his spots baited up. Message me if you want his contact info. He does spring and fall hunts. He has lots of stands set up for bowhunting. I will definitely hunt up there with him again!

Re: bows and bears - 03/19/20 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by MountainTopHunter
I was on a wolf hunt last week near Timmins, Ontario Canada. The guide that I hunted with also has an awesome bear hunting setup. He takes great care of you. He took good care of me, meeting me at the airport and going with me to a store to get my license. You will stay at a cabin on the lake so you can fish if you tag out early or fish during the day. He has employees that work 40 hours weeks keeping his spots baited up. Message me if you want his contact info. He does spring and fall hunts. He has lots of stands set up for bowhunting. I will definitely hunt up there with him again!

where's the wolf pics?

Re: bows and bears - 03/19/20 02:40 PM

MT.TOP, do you hunt wolf with a bow ???
Posted By: MountainTopHunter

Re: bows and bears - 03/19/20 04:22 PM

Wolf hunt was a gun hunt. 4 of us went. One buddy got 2 wolves. He could have got the first one with a bow. It was a 15 yard shot. The other 2 friends had shots but missed. I didn't get a shot myself. I got one in the scope but he snuck into brush before I could get the crosshairs on his shoulder. Temperatures generally started out at -10 at daylight and would get up to +15 during the day. Snow was 4 to 6' deep.

Re: bows and bears - 03/19/20 10:09 PM

That's cool you got some. I had a white one in Cordova Alaska sit on a rock about a hundred yards from me but the season had closed the week earlier so that sucked. Those Jokers are big
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: bows and bears - 03/21/20 08:12 PM

Yes Maine does some great fall bear hunting over bait with bows. Its a fairly high success rate on the opener and fun. Some outfitters do am and pm. You can hunt them with bow or gun during the season as well.

My best luck was low pressure PM only. First afternoon there I shot a nice bear off bait.

The bait is around 25 to 30 yards from the stands.

You sometimes see multiple bears but sometimes just one. They are sneaky and really quiet for their size.
They also will do dog hunts for them too...or at least they used to. I have never done one of those though.
Posted By: bigcountry692001

Re: bows and bears - 03/22/20 12:42 PM

If I decide to go bear hunting I’m taking the rifle. We have plenty here I’ve honestly just never the desire to go. I had some bear at a wild game dinner about a month ago so that may change.

Re: bows and bears - 03/22/20 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by bigcountry692001
If I decide to go bear hunting I’m taking the rifle. We have plenty here I’ve honestly just never the desire to go. I had some bear at a wild game dinner about a month ago so that may change.

Coastal Carolina near the Va border has some large bears
Posted By: bigcountry692001

Re: bows and bears - 03/25/20 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by kodiak06
Originally Posted by bigcountry692001

Coastal Carolina near the Va border has some large bears

Yeah they do, we have some big ones locally too
Posted By: CAL

Re: bows and bears - 04/30/20 04:54 AM

Contact BGH on here. He will hook you up with a fine hunt. A bow is no problem for a bear. They’re actually easy to kill. A pig has to be one of the toughest things to kill in North America.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM