Aldeer.com

Bow question

Posted By: Nightrain

Bow question - 01/26/20 03:14 PM

Wanting to get back into bow hunting. Would you buy a new set up or find a nice used compound? If you went the used route where would you look? Also what bow shop do y’all recommend in the Bham area?
Thanks,
NT
Posted By: Rolloverdave

Re: Bow question - 01/26/20 04:33 PM

Vanns in cullman! You can get a good used bow decked out pretty cheap if you go the used route there usally plenty for sale on here
Posted By: Semo

Re: Bow question - 01/26/20 04:55 PM

I would buy from an individual. I've had friends trying to almost give away old bows. My BIL is giving me his PSE for my son. Lots of people out there that have older bows that have barely been shot. Be careful though, you can buy a new bow for the cost of accessories in building one if its bare.

Good luck
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Bow question - 01/26/20 05:08 PM

Archery talk will have tons of year old bows heavily discounted.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Bow question - 01/26/20 05:32 PM

Sad part to buying used is ya better hope the seller's honest and hasn't dry fired the bow. When I buy, I go new so I have a warranty. That's just me. I've seen several used I've considered buying though.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Bow question - 01/26/20 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Rolloverdave
Vanns in cullman! You can get a good used bow decked out pretty cheap if you go the used route there usally plenty for sale on here

Good start to buying used. At least you can test the bow out before buying.
Posted By: AUbowhunter1990

Re: Bow question - 01/26/20 06:56 PM

I’d buy a flagship model that’s a few years old off eBay. They will have them brand new and that is what I did.
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: Bow question - 01/26/20 07:43 PM

First thing I would do is go is go to a shop and shoot some bows and get a feel as to what your looking for. A elite feels different from Hoyt or pse or elite or Matthews or new breed or anything else. you need what bows feel good to you and while your at figure out what you need as far as draw length and poundage and them start looking for a good used rig you can find last year's models for a good deal if you look around
Posted By: Fullthrottle

Re: Bow question - 01/26/20 08:12 PM

Fixing to be all kinds of used, less than a year old bows for sale. Lot people buy a new one every year.
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Bow question - 01/26/20 11:56 PM

Mathews outback or switchback..to me..best used for the money
Posted By: Bigbamaboy

Re: Bow question - 01/27/20 02:17 AM

If you’re interested, I’ve got a High Country all carbon bow I’ll let go for $150. All it needs is arrows.
Posted By: Nightrain

Re: Bow question - 01/28/20 06:59 PM

Thanks for the advice. I will let you all know what I decide to do.
Posted By: PYhunter

Re: Bow question - 01/29/20 03:09 AM

Regarding your question about archery shops around B'ham; pickings are slim..
Go see Paul Lay up at Pat's Archery and Outdoors in Jasper.
Also Allen Conner at Mountainboro Outfitters.
Posted By: lectrode

Re: Bow question - 01/29/20 12:56 PM

Doesn't really matter if its new or used as long as it fits you. Makes buying used a little tricky
© 2024 ALDEER.COM