Aldeer.com

The Giving Up Buck

Posted By: Fullthrottle

The Giving Up Buck - 01/05/20 01:54 AM

The alarm rang out at 5am this morning. I heard rain pouring down and the wind was already howling. Told myself I’m just not going this morning. I hit the snooze. I woke up again at 5:30am told myself I will regret it if I don’t get my butt out of bed. So I got up, fixed my coffee and headed out. Im blessed enough to be able to leave my house and be on stand in 10-15 minutes depending on which stand I’m hunting. This season has been real frustrating in the fact that I have not been getting the shots I want. Been seeing plenty of deer, just the situation has been wrong.
I was settled in ready to shoot at 6am. The wind was just almost wrong for the stand I was in. But it was blowing so hard I really don’t think it would have mattered. Misting rain and the wind gusting 25mph was starting to hurt my feelings. Sad part is i had only been in the stand 45 minutes and was ready to go. Just five more minutes I told myself. Well at 6:48 returned my arrow to quiver and clipped on my pull up rope, looked around one last time only to see horns coming dead at me.
I quickly knocked an arrow, got turned the direction he was going to cross the fire break. Middle of that process I pulled out my phone and took a quick video. As I stood there waiting I knew the shot was going to be pushing it. I practice out to thirty just for situations like these. Tho I try to keep my shots under 15.
I had tension on the string, picked out a opening and as he crossed the fire break into my spot I let it fly. He never knew what hit him. Double lung pass through. He trotted about 15 yards, stopped then fell over dead. I could not believe what just happened. The time is 6:53. That just show how fast a hunt can change.
So with this story I leave you with some pictures and a few words of advice. If your season is going rough and your getting burnt out, suck it up butter cup. It could all change in A blink of an eye.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sulli

Re: The Giving Up Buck - 01/05/20 02:18 AM

Congrats
Posted By: grundan

Re: The Giving Up Buck - 01/05/20 02:51 AM

Nice! Congrats on a great deer
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: The Giving Up Buck - 01/05/20 02:52 AM

Nice, congrats
Posted By: sbo1971

Re: The Giving Up Buck - 01/05/20 03:04 AM

Nice buck congrats
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: The Giving Up Buck - 01/05/20 03:08 AM

Awesome!
Posted By: mzzy

Re: The Giving Up Buck - 01/05/20 03:08 AM

Congrats !!
Posted By: mauvilla

Re: The Giving Up Buck - 01/05/20 04:35 PM

Awesome love that thicket you are hunting
Posted By: top cat

Re: The Giving Up Buck - 01/05/20 05:15 PM

Way to go thumbup
Posted By: CAM

Re: The Giving Up Buck - 01/05/20 06:13 PM

beers thumbup
Posted By: Farmer64

Re: The Giving Up Buck - 01/05/20 06:21 PM

Heck yeah! Congrats!
Posted By: alhawk

Re: The Giving Up Buck - 01/05/20 07:55 PM

Congratulations
Posted By: foldemup

Re: The Giving Up Buck - 01/05/20 10:47 PM

Beautiful view! Congrats!
Posted By: imadeerhntr

Re: The Giving Up Buck - 01/06/20 12:12 AM

Congrats especially at 30 yds and a recurve kill
Posted By: DeerNutz0U812_

Re: The Giving Up Buck - 01/06/20 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Fullthrottle
The alarm rang out at 5am this morning. I heard rain pouring down and the wind was already howling. Told myself I’m just not going this morning. I hit the snooze. I woke up again at 5:30am told myself I will regret it if I don’t get my butt out of bed. So I got up, fixed my coffee and headed out. Im blessed enough to be able to leave my house and be on stand in 10-15 minutes depending on which stand I’m hunting. This season has been real frustrating in the fact that I have not been getting the shots I want. Been seeing plenty of deer, just the situation has been wrong.
I was settled in ready to shoot at 6am. The wind was just almost wrong for the stand I was in. But it was blowing so hard I really don’t think it would have mattered. Misting rain and the wind gusting 25mph was starting to hurt my feelings. Sad part is i had only been in the stand 45 minutes and was ready to go. Just five more minutes I told myself. Well at 6:48 returned my arrow to quiver and clipped on my pull up rope, looked around one last time only to see horns coming dead at me.
I quickly knocked an arrow, got turned the direction he was going to cross the fire break. Middle of that process I pulled out my phone and took a quick video. As I stood there waiting I knew the shot was going to be pushing it. I practice out to thirty just for situations like these. Tho I try to keep my shots under 15.
I had tension on the string, picked out a opening and as he crossed the fire break into my spot I let it fly. He never knew what hit him. Double lung pass through. He trotted about 15 yards, stopped then fell over dead. I could not believe what just happened. The time is 6:53. That just show how fast a hunt can change.
So with this story I leave you with some pictures and a few words of advice. If your season is going rough and your getting burnt out, suck it up butter cup. It could all change in A blink of an eye.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

cool...
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: The Giving Up Buck - 01/06/20 01:12 AM

thumbup

Congrats! Looks like the weather moved out real well with that blue sky.
Posted By: Fullthrottle

Re: The Giving Up Buck - 01/06/20 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by BowtechDan
thumbup

Congrats! Looks like the weather moved out real well with that blue sky.

Yeah yesterday ended up being a beautiful day. Wind blowed 15-20 all day
Posted By: Madmax0818

Re: The Giving Up Buck - 01/06/20 01:33 AM

Congrats on an awesome recurve kill
Posted By: jrs89

Re: The Giving Up Buck - 01/06/20 02:08 AM

That’s very cool!
Posted By: gcr0003

Re: The Giving Up Buck - 01/06/20 11:33 AM

With the recurve to boot. Congrats.
Posted By: mcninja

Re: The Giving Up Buck - 01/06/20 03:46 PM

Man that is wild! Congrats on a fine hunt and buck!
Posted By: Buck_TrackingAL

Re: The Giving Up Buck - 01/06/20 05:54 PM

Congrats
Posted By: Colt1917

Re: The Giving Up Buck - 01/14/20 02:04 PM

Nice buck and great write-up!
Posted By: LetOff

Re: The Giving Up Buck - 01/14/20 03:13 PM

Man I enjoyed that so much, gonna have to quote you in my signature. Congrads Bro !
Posted By: Bar7Mag

Re: The Giving Up Buck - 01/14/20 11:05 PM

congrats persistence pays'
Posted By: Bmyers142

Re: The Giving Up Buck - 01/15/20 02:25 PM

Great story and I admire your persistence. Nice buck and congrats,,,,well deserved
© 2024 ALDEER.COM