Aldeer.com

Recurves/Longbows and Climbing Stands

Posted By: NWALJM

Recurves/Longbows and Climbing Stands - 11/24/19 02:39 AM

Just wanted to hear from those of you who hunt with the above mentioned trad bows from a climber, what climbers are you using? I’m planning on being ready to hunt with a recurve by next season, but my Summit Goliath with the front bar seems like it would get in the way. Would a Hazemore seat get me high enough above that bar to shoot, or do you use open front models?
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Recurves/Longbows and Climbing Stands - 11/24/19 04:14 AM

What little ive mustered the neve to carry mine was in an ol man multivision..i dont reccomend it..was just too awkward to me and i didnt care for it...this was one of the reasons i swithched to a loc on
Posted By: Fullthrottle

Re: Recurves/Longbows and Climbing Stands - 11/24/19 04:24 AM

I use a xop sit and climb. Brand climber is really not the issue. I have found bringing the bottom of the stand closer to the top helps to clear longer recurves. But does make it little harder to stand up. I stand up 90% of the time anyway so that’s really no an issue either
Posted By: BOFF

Re: Recurves/Longbows and Climbing Stands - 11/24/19 01:32 PM

I use a Lone Wolf with both the sit and climb and hand climber.

If you are young the hand climber does well for short sits.

Bad back and older the sit and climb for ease and more comfort.

Using any lock on stands be aware of the cables going to the platform.

It's a learning experience using a longer bow and being aware of things it can hit during the draw.

God Bless,
David B.
Posted By: stkshtr

Re: Recurves/Longbows and Climbing Stands - 11/25/19 01:07 PM

I use 3 versions of ole mad and also loc ons. You just figure out the best way to use them for yourself. I use the open front version the most but I also use the wrap around as well. I'm tall so it's easy for me to shoot on the outside of the top bar.
Posted By: Booger

Re: Recurves/Longbows and Climbing Stands - 11/26/19 01:18 AM

I use a summit viper. Just make sure you don’t leave your platform too low. So that when you stand on the platform the bar on the top part of the climber is about thigh high. I’ve shot deer nearly straight down using a longbow with this setup.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Recurves/Longbows and Climbing Stands - 11/26/19 01:36 PM

I have lowered the top bar down to knee level or lower to allow lower limb to clear.
Posted By: NWALJM

Re: Recurves/Longbows and Climbing Stands - 11/26/19 01:56 PM

Thanks all for the responses!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM