Aldeer.com

11/12 LFTT

Posted By: 700ltr308

11/12 LFTT - 11/12/19 12:52 PM

7 degrees and clear here in Kansas. WTF????
Posted By: CAM

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/12/19 01:31 PM

Can't kill em setting by the heater wink
Posted By: Savage33

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/12/19 04:29 PM

My only off day this week is today. This wind is ripping at 15 mph steady at my house. I know I have heard a bunch of times you cant kill them on the couch but just wandering if any of yall have had any luck in these conditions or if you guys think its worth a try this evening?
Posted By: BOFF

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/12/19 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Savage33

My only off day this week is today. This wind is ripping at 15 mph steady at my house. I know I have heard a bunch of times you cant kill them on the couch but just wandering if any of yall have had any luck in these conditions or if you guys think its worth a try this evening?

I like bow hunting in the wind, as I get away with movement.

I've killed big deer with rifle in heavy wind as well.

God Bless,
David B.
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/12/19 04:53 PM

I'll take my chances of killing one in the living room today I ain't never done no good in Alabama when it's windy like this..I gotta work tommorow which sucks but Thursday thru Sunday I'll be afterem
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/12/19 05:02 PM

The only thing I hate about hunting windy days is that you have to rely on your eyes only. I keep my head steady on a swivel during windy days and it can get a little fatiguing. Wind in my experience will get them up and moving though because the deer can't hear squat either, so they can't just bed down and feel secure.
Posted By: Doeslayer44

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/12/19 05:04 PM

Setting a little food plot midday. Hopefully a big doe will ease in. Good luck fellas
Posted By: Shaw

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/12/19 05:11 PM

Love bowhunting a cool windy overcast day.
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/12/19 05:25 PM

We saw close to 65 different deer with 20 being young to borderline shooter bucks yesterday afternoon between the three of us in windy conditions...they are on their feet and with this cold, I wish I didn't have work today lol
Posted By: 700ltr308

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/12/19 08:16 PM

Back in not so bad at 21 degrees
Posted By: Standbanger

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/12/19 08:43 PM

Breezy

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/12/19 08:43 PM

Well gonna give it a whirl this evening. In a ladder stand on the edge of a food plot that bumps up to some thick bedding. Got a stiff north wind but the sun is out now hopefully they will move this evening.
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/12/19 08:45 PM

Hell they ain't gonna wait to move, keep your eye out for a buck any second. Wish I had time to go this afternoon
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/12/19 08:52 PM

Besides not being able to hunt my spot with this wind direction I had go buy a new washing machine and saw 3 at 1230 eating under a oak tree
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/12/19 08:54 PM

I'm layered up, 20 feet up in Coosa county. Gonna try and get in a mini-hunt.
Posted By: SuperSpike

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/12/19 09:03 PM

I’m bundled up in a pine tree. Looks like a water oak orchard here. We’ll see what happens. Lots of leaves have fallen since I hunted here last week. Can see a lot better but lost a little cover.

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/12/19 09:04 PM

That was fast. Just had two young ones out of spots and doe come in from my right in range. Doe paused at my 1 o'clock and smelled me.
It would be great if this wind would just pick one direction to blow.
Posted By: Bcbama260

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/12/19 09:08 PM

Just had a good 8 come out and eat for probably 25 min never came within 60 yds
Posted By: CNC

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/12/19 09:39 PM

They better move this afternoon because it's too dang cold to be sitting out here not seeing anything
Posted By: JD_Bowhunter1976

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/12/19 09:40 PM

I’m set up on a old road bed that was shut down 5 years ago and it’s littered with whiteoaks and redoaks. Two scrapes within shooting distance. Should be a great afternoon! Good luck everyone.........
[Linked Image]
Posted By: deerhunter_1

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/12/19 09:52 PM

A quick sit in my backyard since I got off work early.
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/12/19 09:59 PM

Yall keep ye peepers peeled..theyll slip in ye back pocket in these conditions.
Posted By: jb20

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/12/19 10:16 PM

I'm on a hardwood ridge for a quick hunt they sum big rubs in seeing distance might get lucky I usually don't hunt big bucks in bow season cuz I suck
Posted By: Ben2

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/12/19 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Savage33

Absolutely the best days to hunt. It gives the hunter so many advantages he normally does not have
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/12/19 10:59 PM

This is great spear huntn weather

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/12/19 11:08 PM

Just stuck one. It sounded nasty when it hit. She had a hard time getting out of here so I’m confident with the shot but I’ll believe it when I see it.

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/12/19 11:19 PM

Stuck a doe 45 minutes ago. Been dragging her uphill to the truck for about 20 minutes. 25 more yards to go at a 45° angle.
Posted By: jb20

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/12/19 11:26 PM

Congrats y'all...i didn't c any

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/12/19 11:52 PM

Congrats guys! I didnt see any but at least I got the midwest hunting experience 😅

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/13/19 12:23 AM

Backed out. Going back 1st thing in the am. Didn’t find any blood on impact spot or where she went back in the thick stuff. She carried my arrow with her. On impact she sat down rolled on her side and got up and left but was struggling.
Posted By: joshm28

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/13/19 12:43 AM

I saw 4. As expected they were on high alert the whole time they were in the field

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/13/19 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by SuperSpike
Backed out. Going back 1st thing in the am. Didn’t find any blood on impact spot or where she went back in the thick stuff. She carried my arrow with her. On impact she sat down rolled on her side and got up and left but was struggling.

That's definitely a unique reaction to a bow shot....Where do you think you might have hit?

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/13/19 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by CNC

That's definitely a unique reaction to a bow shot....Where do you think you might have hit?

She was quartered towards me slightly. When she left the field it looked like it was back a little but not guts. Maybe a little high and back. She was definitely slow leaving. She went in the thick stuff and guessing by the sound she may have went another 50yds then she stopped. I don’t know if she laid down or started walking. I walked to the edge just to see if maybe I could see my lighted knock but it’s too thick. So I’ll go back in the am when I can see better and hopefully she will be there.

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/13/19 03:12 AM

Hope you find her SuperSpike. Keep us updated.
Posted By: Possum Hunter

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/13/19 03:14 AM

Good luck hope you find her

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/13/19 01:28 PM

She was quartered towards me slightly. When she left the field it looked like it was back a little but not guts. Maybe a little high and back. She was definitely slow leaving. She went in the thick stuff and guessing by the sound she may have went another 50yds then she stopped. I don’t know if she laid down or started walking. I walked to the edge just to see if maybe I could see my lighted knock but it’s too thick. So I’ll go back in the am when I can see better and hopefully she will be there.

Good call......She may have been a little more quartered to you than you realized. That happens a lot. Sounds like it might have angled back into the guts maybe. Good luck this morning..... I bet she won't be far.
Posted By: bward85

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/13/19 03:08 PM

Did you find her?

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/13/19 03:36 PM

Still looking. Started out with good blood on ground and limbs. Then tapered down to nothing. Found my arrow. Looked like penetration went almost to the fletchings then broke and pulled out. We found a lot of blood high on some limbs so I think I may have hip shot her. My friend is on nights so I just had to take him back to his truck. I’m back out here now still looking. Right now my only hope is to find her with no blood left. It completely stopped after about 100yds in thick thick stuff. I’m in a clear cut so with some luck I may find her where she laid down and died. If it’s a hip shot for sure hopefully she can recover. I set some cams out to see if she shows back up. I ain’t done yet though. Just need some luck for once.

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/13/19 03:42 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bward85

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/13/19 04:32 PM

Still looking. Started out with good blood on ground and limbs. Then tapered down to nothing. Found my arrow. Looked like penetration went almost to the fletchings then broke and pulled out. We found a lot of blood high on some limbs so I think I may have hip shot her. My friend is on nights so I just had to take him back to his truck. I’m back out here now still looking. Right now my only hope is to find her with no blood left. It completely stopped after about 100yds in thick thick stuff. I’m in a clear cut so with some luck I may find her where she laid down and died. If it’s a hip shot for sure hopefully she can recover. I set some cams out to see if she shows back up. I ain’t done yet though. Just need some luck for once.

Well dang.....maybe you will find her.

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/13/19 04:33 PM

Check the dog pages on Facebook and see if anyone has a young dog that are just looking for experience tracks....I'm sure there's probably somebody around there chomping at the bit to get their pup some work. They'll be doing it for free so that they can get the dog real world experience.

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/13/19 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by CNC
Check the dog pages on Facebook and see if anyone has a young dog that are just looking for experience tracks....I'm sure there's probably somebody around there chomping at the bit to get their pup some work. They'll be doing it for free so that they can get the dog real world experience.

I’d be glad to let somebody’s dog come run the trail if they just want to get one out and about. I have good blood for a ways but once it ran dry that was it and from that point I have no idea which way she went. No sign of anything. I looked for 4hrs solid this am and I’m confident she got away from me. I’m sick about it but I think she’ll survive.

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/13/19 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by CNC

I’d be glad to let somebody’s dog come run the trail if they just want to get one out and about. I have good blood for a ways but once it ran dry that was it and from that point I have no idea which way she went. No sign of anything. I looked for 4hrs solid this am and I’m confident she got away from me. I’m sick about it but I think she’ll survive.

If want me to....PM your phone number and general location to me and I'll post it up on the dog pages and see if someone wants to try their dog on it. There's a whole thing on there about folks with new dogs just wanting to go on these types of tracks.

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/13/19 07:28 PM

Dang dude. Thought this would be the one.

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/13/19 07:29 PM

If there's a creek nearby or water hole...be sure to check there before giving up....even if its not exactly the direction she took off. A lot of times they turn off a different direction after the initial flight out of the area.

Re: 11/12 LFTT - 11/13/19 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Shaw
Dang dude. Thought this would be the one.

Yeah me too. Should’ve gave her another minute to turn better.
Originally Posted by CNC
If there's a creek nearby or water hole...be sure to check there before giving up....even if its not exactly the direction she took off. A lot of times they turn off a different direction after the initial flight out of the area.

No creek nearby that area. She ran up hill for the whole 150yds or so and it the blood just stopped. We did half circles in that area for 3hrs and came up with nothing.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM