Aldeer.com

Off the shelf

Posted By: kodiak06

Off the shelf - 11/05/19 11:08 PM

Pulled my 61# Prodigy off the shelf to start shooting it and put my 72# up for the winter. Plan is to take the 61#er to Washington for a late season elk hunt. Open to cows but, I'm gonna stick to 5x or better I think. Monster 4x will get punched I think as well.
Having to study some maps since I have never hunted over there. The Bow was already dialed in but, I forgot how smooth and easy this thing pulls. It's a shooter

Re: Off the shelf - 11/05/19 11:10 PM

Pulled my original inserts from arrows yesterday and added 42gr brass for a 446gr arrow tipped with 125gr Slick Trick Viper Tricks
Posted By: grundan

Re: Off the shelf - 11/06/19 02:04 AM

How was the Oregon season?

Re: Off the shelf - 11/06/19 03:10 AM

It was fine. Got my son close a few times. I was raking and bugling in some thick reprod and a big 5x came out. My son showed me where he stood and the big wet spot. He said the bull was slobbering pissed off. Too thick for me to see. I killed my #2 from the photos in a weird hunt but. I got it done.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Booger

Re: Off the shelf - 11/06/19 01:38 PM

Congrats!!! Looks like he ran all the way to Cambodia before falling LOL. Looks like a jungle.

Re: Off the shelf - 11/06/19 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Booger
Congrats!!! Looks like he ran all the way to Cambodia before falling LOL. Looks like a jungle.

LOL, he's laying about 25yds off a small creek. Never thought I'd be wearing xtra tuffs when I killed a bull. I carried my hunting boots and would change after the river crossings (4 spots) and would swap out when I hit dry land.
Posted By: grundan

Re: Off the shelf - 11/06/19 04:17 PM

Dang, nice bull right there! Sounds like a good time
© 2024 ALDEER.COM