Aldeer.com

One down

Posted By: Moore65592

One down - 10/25/19 01:13 PM

[Linked Image]
Got this dude last night and I'd like to thank David Jones and his amazing dog on a quick track
Posted By: gcr0003

Re: One down - 10/25/19 01:19 PM

The picture is a bit small but looks like a great deer, congrats!
Posted By: jb20

Re: One down - 10/25/19 01:22 PM

Nice
Posted By: mcninja

Re: One down - 10/25/19 02:13 PM

Solid buck. Congrats!

Re: One down - 10/25/19 02:18 PM

Thanks everybody
Posted By: Farmer64

Re: One down - 10/25/19 02:31 PM

Congrats!
Posted By: top cat

Re: One down - 10/25/19 03:02 PM

beers
Posted By: okfuski

Re: One down - 10/25/19 03:30 PM

Nice job.
Posted By: grundan

Re: One down - 10/25/19 03:45 PM

Nice one, congrats. If you have a chance, post a quick story of the hunt and shot...etc
What circumstances caused you to get a dog? Just curious, thanks

Re: One down - 10/25/19 04:34 PM

I'll post story as soon as I get off work
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: One down - 10/25/19 04:56 PM

bigger version:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Booger

Re: One down - 10/25/19 05:07 PM

That’s a very good buck. Congrats!!!!
Posted By: North40R

Re: One down - 10/25/19 05:52 PM

Nice! Congrats!

Is that the hit Lister that busted you earlier this week?
Posted By: 280Rem.

Re: One down - 10/25/19 05:55 PM

Nice buck!

Re: One down - 10/25/19 06:07 PM

It is I thought he busted me now I think he may have just been nervous and knew something wasn't right. After I thought he saw me and took off I started getting pictures off him right at dark again for 2 days straight. Got off work in time yesterday evening and the wind was right so I went. Jumped 6 doe walking in and watched them run off. Shaking my head thinking I blew it I went ahead and set up. It's super thick where I'm hunting can't see one coming to they are right on you. Right at dark he just popped up out of no where. I thought he was very slight quartering to me more broadside so I took the shot at 15 yards. He kicked up and ran recklessly like a good shot. I honestly was waiting to see him fall or hear him crash. Never did so I started getting worried waited about 30 mins and got down found my arrow. Complete pass threw covered in blood but reeked liked guts. Not much visible blood except at point of impact so I started to panic a little. I knew the best thing was to back out so I did. Called up a David Jones he was at work and we both agreed it would be better to wait till morning specially if all that was hit was gut. We started the track at 620 and his dog went straight to him and we was back at the truck at 645. He didn't run 150 yards where he bedded down and died. It was for sure a gut shot he must have been quartering way more to me than I realized cause the shot placement was where I aimed thinking he was more broadside but the arrow exited out in front of the hindquarter. Just happy we found and the meat was still good to he hadn't been dead to long when he found him. David and his dog did awesome and he is a great guy might not have ever found him without them there was hardly even any blood in the bucks bed and he bedded down in a super thick briar thicket.
Posted By: slayinbucks24/7

Re: One down - 10/25/19 06:16 PM

Nice work,congrats!!
Posted By: outdoors1

Re: One down - 10/25/19 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Moore65592
It is I thought he busted me now I think he may have just been nervous and knew something wasn't right. After I thought he saw me and took off I started getting pictures off him right at dark again for 2 days straight. Got off work in time yesterday evening and the wind was right so I went. Jumped 6 doe walking in and watched them run off. Shaking my head thinking I blew it I went ahead and set up. It's super thick where I'm hunting can't see one coming to they are right on you. Right at dark he just popped up out of no where. I thought he was very slight quartering to me more broadside so I took the shot at 15 yards. He kicked up and ran recklessly like a good shot. I honestly was waiting to see him fall or hear him crash. Never did so I started getting worried waited about 30 mins and got down found my arrow. Complete pass threw covered in blood but reeked liked guts. Not much visible blood except at point of impact so I started to panic a little. I knew the best thing was to back out so I did. Called up a David Jones he was at work and we both agreed it would be better to wait till morning specially if all that was hit was gut. We started the track at 620 and his dog went straight to him and we was back at the truck at 645. He didn't run 150 yards where he bedded down and died. It was for sure a gut shot he must have been quartering way more to me than I realized cause the shot placement was where I aimed thinking he was more broadside but the arrow exited out in front of the hindquarter. Just happy we found and the meat was still good to he hadn't been dead to long when he found him. David and his dog did awesome and he is a great guy might not have ever found him without them there was hardly even any blood in the bucks bed and he bedded down in a super thick briar thicket.

Nice deer. Do you think you could have found him without a dog in less than an hour by yourself?

Re: One down - 10/25/19 06:38 PM

Nah no way I would have been grid searching the whole place and probably would've walked right past him there was literally no blood trail
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: One down - 10/25/19 06:44 PM

Congrats
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: One down - 10/25/19 06:46 PM

thumbup congrats
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: One down - 10/25/19 07:56 PM

Good job on a nice one
Sometimes the right decision is the hardest and backing out giving it time and a dog mad it all work out
Posted By: alhawk

Re: One down - 10/25/19 07:58 PM

Congratulations
Posted By: grundan

Re: One down - 10/25/19 08:50 PM

Thanks for posting story, I like to read and learn from these stories. Obviously a smart play to back out once you found the stinky arrow.
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: One down - 10/25/19 09:14 PM

Congrats!

Re: One down - 10/25/19 09:20 PM

Thanks yall
Posted By: Lonster

Re: One down - 10/26/19 01:11 PM

Nice deer. Did you take any daylight pics?
© 2024 ALDEER.COM