Aldeer.com

Light draw weight broadhead?

Posted By: cbosch

Light draw weight broadhead? - 10/20/19 12:41 AM

So my daughter is shooting 38 lb draw weight, had a little problem tonight, she hit one that half ducked the shot and went high. Only got about 3” in and when it ran off the arrow came right out, no blood on the ground looked for an hour or so with no luck. She’s shooting the rage “p” for low poundage, what could I switch to that’s cut on contact not mechanical. She’s sick about it. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: FlyinRN

Re: Light draw weight broadhead? - 10/20/19 12:50 AM

There’s several. Wac’em fixed heads and Magnus Stingers come mind first.
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: Light draw weight broadhead? - 10/20/19 12:51 AM

Get a good smaller cut diameter fixed blade head she ain't shooting near enough horsepower for any type of expandable.something with 11/2 in or smaller cut dia and get them sharp and she will be alot more happy with the outcome
Slick trick
Wac Em's
Would be my first 2 choices
Posted By: grundan

Re: Light draw weight broadhead? - 10/20/19 12:51 AM

Magnus stinger or black hornets. They are sharp out of the pack. Great warranty
Posted By: Johnal3

Re: Light draw weight broadhead? - 10/20/19 12:54 AM

I’d bet that head would be just fine if she put it right behind the shoulder. I hate it for her. Ithappens to all of us at some point, but she has to do her part for the broadhead to do its part. 3 inches of penetration is due to hitting high shoulder, or bone of some sort. Get her back out there and hopefully one will stand still long for her to get another chance.
Posted By: BAR II .270

Re: Light draw weight broadhead? - 10/20/19 01:08 AM

G5 Striker, 100 grain is a great head for low poundage. The Wac Em is essentially the same I think. Best thing with these is that she can practice with the same arrow and head and just switch out new blades before hunting.
Posted By: cbosch

Re: Light draw weight broadhead? - 10/20/19 01:13 AM

I got the shot on video and the deer dropped 6-8” at the shot.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Light draw weight broadhead? - 10/20/19 03:36 AM

Viper Trick
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: Light draw weight broadhead? - 10/20/19 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by cbosch
I got the shot on video and the deer dropped 6-8” at the shot.

Probably hit spine but didn’t have enough kinetic energy to break it. I had that same thing happen once when i was dumb enough to try and shoot a spooky doe on a foodplot at 50 yards.
Posted By: PoohBear

Re: Light draw weight broadhead? - 10/20/19 01:44 PM

Hey, go online to Wasp archery, they have a couple of 1" cut diameter fix blade heads. Plus they advertise their "queen" broadhead for bows under 50 pounds. Quite a few of my buddies, including myself, love Wasp. G5 Montec has a smaller 85 grain head you could look at as well.
Posted By: CAL

Re: Light draw weight broadhead? - 10/20/19 06:24 PM

Muzzy 3 blade 100gr
Posted By: globe

Re: Light draw weight broadhead? - 10/20/19 11:14 PM

Get a cutting point broad head and teach her to shoot low. As in heart shot. They’ll all duck. I’ve shot over way more than under.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Light draw weight broadhead? - 10/21/19 12:37 AM

Slick tricks
© 2024 ALDEER.COM