Aldeer.com

Silly Stand Question

Posted By: AC870

Silly Stand Question - 10/14/19 04:10 AM

I’m kind of fired up about bow season more than in a long time.
Here’s my silly question for you climber guys.
What are your thoughts on leaving a climber in the woods overnight/for several days. I know there’s some scent on it. Will it booger up my spot? It’s a convenience factor as much as anything for leaving it. I’ll probably take the seat off and take it back and forth. Stand is a Summit 180.
Posted By: LongBeards29

Re: Silly Stand Question - 10/14/19 04:18 AM

I've left them on same tree for a week and still saw deer.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Silly Stand Question - 10/14/19 04:36 AM

I left stands on the tree down there all the time. I usually threw some brush on them but, that was mainly to keep the thiefss away. Saw deer as usual
Posted By: Jus_me

Re: Silly Stand Question - 10/14/19 07:48 AM

I've left them hanging for extended periods of time without issues with deer. Tree rats like to chew summit seats, amongst other things.
Posted By: DGAMBLER

Re: Silly Stand Question - 10/14/19 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jus_me
I've left them hanging for extended periods of time without issues with deer. Tree rats like to chew summit seats, amongst other things.

THIS^
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: Silly Stand Question - 10/14/19 12:59 PM

I leave mine hanging all the time
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: Silly Stand Question - 10/14/19 01:01 PM

Just be careful I had a small run in with a coon one morning trying to be quiet and get in before daylight he the seat on that summit was a motel 6and paid up in advance
Posted By: USMC4910

Re: Silly Stand Question - 10/14/19 01:02 PM

Be careful and lock them up, especially if you’re on public land. I had a brand new stand locked to a tree with a cable and left it overnight. Well someone either had bolt cutters with them or they found my stand and went and got some and came back and cut the cable. Now mind you I had hunted that evening and was coming back the next morning so this happened at night! My stand was also a good mile walk from the gate. Not sure who was out wondering around that far back in the middle of the night unless it was coonhunters. It wasn’t in an easy spot to find either. It was in some thick stuff and you had to run into it to see it.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Silly Stand Question - 10/14/19 01:14 PM

On the ole man type stands you can remove the pin for the cable and put a lock in its place. I've done that but when time to climb I always put the pin back in
Posted By: top cat

Re: Silly Stand Question - 10/14/19 01:27 PM

Put it on the tree and leave it. Cuts down on noise.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Silly Stand Question - 10/14/19 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by top cat

Yep. No way I'd tote it in every time.
Posted By: jb20

Re: Silly Stand Question - 10/14/19 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Remington270
Originally Posted by top cat

Yep. No way I'd tote it in every time.

Just remember where it's at...ive found one or 2 I forgot about till a year later still got one on a tree I can get off
Posted By: jono23

Re: Silly Stand Question - 10/14/19 03:46 PM

I've left them on private land in a spot I knew I'd hunt a few times. But most of the time I take it because I only have one stand and need it anywhere I go.
Posted By: Goose11

Re: Silly Stand Question - 10/14/19 05:51 PM

On private land I leave up 2-3 summit vipers most of the season, I move locations through the season, but the stands stay out most of the time. When I leave I usually lift them up as high as I can reach them onto the tree trunk, rarely I might cut some cedar branches and cover a stand. I don't think it messes up the deer at all. Especially now that corn is legal, they going to that corn stand or not!
Posted By: jmudler

Re: Silly Stand Question - 10/14/19 05:56 PM

I leave them. I take the seats with me.
Posted By: GKelly

Re: Silly Stand Question - 10/14/19 07:57 PM

i always hang mine a few weeks before I plan to hunt it dont think it makes any difference if anything theyll get used to the scent and wont worry about it with enough time. i just dont like making all the noise attaching it in the dark with a flashlight I think thats more to worry about than the scent.
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Silly Stand Question - 10/14/19 09:39 PM

I pack mine in and out every time. I only have one climber and if I change my mind on where to hunt I’ll be hunting on the ground.
Posted By: grundan

Re: Silly Stand Question - 10/14/19 10:24 PM

Sprinkle corn all around it and you will be golden. You will have to kick deer out of the way to get to it.
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: Silly Stand Question - 10/15/19 12:49 PM

I have an old heavy metal stand that I leave all season. First time I climb I attach a lifeline so from then on I have a line always in the tree at the height I want to be at. Bought an x stand and left it up, dang rats ate the metal
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: Silly Stand Question - 10/15/19 01:02 PM

I dropped two off in the woods last Friday and leave them out all season.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM