Aldeer.com

Simple question

Posted By: Southwood7

Simple question - 10/09/19 05:01 PM

Where do you keep your range finder in the tree?
Posted By: jb20

Re: Simple question - 10/09/19 05:10 PM

Don't hunt outta tree much anymore but if i couldn't put in my pocket I'd hang it on a cable pen after I ranged a couple spots...if it's loc on I always have a ez hanger to a few in tree
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: Simple question - 10/09/19 06:00 PM

I use a retractable cord and clip into the binocular ring on my hunters safety system .it will reach into the pocket of my hss when I'm walking and hangs out the way when I stand up to shoot
Posted By: jono23

Re: Simple question - 10/09/19 06:30 PM

I range a bunch of spots and the clip it to my harness with one of those retractable things Ar1220's talkin' bout. It kind of just dangles there, but easy to grab if i need it.
Posted By: Standbanger

Re: Simple question - 10/09/19 06:30 PM

Front shirt pocket
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Simple question - 10/09/19 06:47 PM

On a lanyard around my neck.
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: Simple question - 10/09/19 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Shaw
Posted By: GKelly

Re: Simple question - 10/09/19 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Standbanger
Front shirt pocket

both of these at the same time
Posted By: JA

Re: Simple question - 10/09/19 08:01 PM

Breast pocket of my safety harness.
Posted By: Strictlybow

Re: Simple question - 10/09/19 08:02 PM

Posted By: mauvilla

Re: Simple question - 10/09/19 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Strictlybow

Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Simple question - 10/09/19 08:25 PM

Thanks for the responses 👍🏻
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Simple question - 10/09/19 09:22 PM

lanyard and clipped to waist
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Simple question - 10/09/19 09:30 PM

I range my spots once in the stand. Then I hang it on my bow holder, which means it hangs down beside the tree. My holder is screwed into the tree above my head. The rangefinder is then easily accessible while totally being out of the way.
Posted By: DeerNutz0U812_

Re: Simple question - 10/09/19 11:09 PM

Ive got an extra quiver mount on the side of my treestand on the top half of my climber, I have a small hook screwed in quiver that I hang my rangefinder on...I replaced the string on rangefinder with a small one just for that hook,..I can ease another arra out or grab rangefinder with very little movement if needed, I'll hang calls there too at times...
Posted By: SouthernRoots

Re: Simple question - 10/10/19 12:15 AM

fanny pack
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Simple question - 10/10/19 12:52 AM

My harness has bino straps and pockets. I loop the range finder cord around the bino strap on the right and put it into the pocket of the harness.
Like N2 I range objects around me out to 35 yards once I get settled. That way I got a pretty good idea how far once one gets in range. With this set up, I can get to it quick and if I drop it it is tethered and doesn’t fall to the ground.
Posted By: AUbowhunter1990

Re: Simple question - 10/10/19 01:21 AM

I range all shooting lanes/trees up to 60 yards and specifically focus on areas 30-45 yards out. Not too much arrow drop 30 and in so if one sneaks in close I can pull back and shoot without having to take the time to range again. My range finder goes in my side leg pocket after that.
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: Simple question - 10/10/19 02:35 AM

Back into my pack after I settle in and range landmarks within about 25 yards.
Posted By: BCLC

Re: Simple question - 10/10/19 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by N2TRKYS
I range my spots once in the stand. Then I hang it on my bow holder, which means it hangs down beside the tree. My holder is screwed into the tree above my head. The rangefinder is then easily accessible while totally being out of the way.

This ^^^

That and you gotta shoot one of them newfangled Hoyts that’s so fast and flat shooting you can use the same pin from 0-62.5yds grin
Posted By: BREEZE1

Re: Simple question - 10/10/19 03:28 AM

Bow hunting around my neck. Gun hunting in my backpack with the lanyard hanging out the top if I may have over 250 yard shots
Posted By: SuperSpike

Re: Simple question - 10/10/19 11:29 AM

I range everything as soon as I can see well enough then put in my harness vest pocket.
Posted By: Woodsman8

Re: Simple question - 10/10/19 03:45 PM

On a piece of paracord over left shoulder so it hangs near right waist for easy access
Posted By: outdoors1

Re: Simple question - 10/13/19 02:31 PM

Took me years and the right equipment to find best spot. I bought one of the scentlok lightweight or mid-weight jacket years ago with the front pocket below the chin when I get up in the stand I unzip the pocket and make sure the cord is not in the way. Sometimes then put around my neck if cold, so it will not fog up. Always range a few spots for gun season beforehand as well as bow season. I've really been caught over the years in a bad way with not have it handy and hage missed a few not that I am kill'r like you tho😁.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Simple question - 10/13/19 05:29 PM

I don't use one. I still;l use a pendulum sight. It never has failed me in over 20 yrs. If it ain't broke don't mess with it. I never was caught up in having the latest gadget.
Posted By: bigcountry692001

Re: Simple question - 10/14/19 01:20 AM

I range my possible shots and when I get in in the tree then I put it on an outside pocket on my backpack.
Posted By: 87dixieboy

Re: Simple question - 10/14/19 01:30 AM

Keep mine clipped to the front if my HSS.
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Simple question - 10/14/19 01:52 AM

When it's daylight, I range the nearby landmarks, and then throw it in my backpack.
Posted By: Blackwater_Reb

Re: Simple question - 10/17/19 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by perchjerker
I don't use one. I still use a pendulum sight. It never has failed me in over 20 yrs. If it ain't broke don't mess with it. I never was caught up in having the latest gadget.

Amen brother. Same!
Posted By: Semo

Re: Simple question - 10/17/19 10:26 PM

have one but never take it with me. I determine range by eye on points when I first get in stand. I only have a 0-35 pin and 1 50ish one, so 5 yards give or take only matters about an inch, so eye balling works fine. if I hunted fields I would probably feel different.
Posted By: Mason85

Re: Simple question - 10/17/19 11:13 PM

Mines on a long loop of Paracord and I wear it cross draw, like the pro bow shooters wear binos.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM