Aldeer.com

Shaw

Posted By: gcr0003

Shaw - 08/21/19 12:12 PM

What is the story of you getting into bowstring making and bow set up?
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Shaw - 08/21/19 01:45 PM

Started setting up my own bows back around 1998. Started shooting tournaments in 2000. Absolutely hated the crappy strings that were available at the time. Watched a buddy of mine build a set for me around 2002 and decided to try it myself never intending on doing it for anyone else. Couple of buddies I shot with wanted me to build them a set and it just blew up from there.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Shaw - 08/21/19 01:53 PM

He burned some cookies and the other Keebler elves kicked him out of the cookie factory. rofl

Re: Shaw - 08/21/19 02:02 PM

Go play in the traffic, Larry.
Posted By: CAM

Re: Shaw - 08/21/19 02:26 PM

lol
Posted By: gcr0003

Re: Shaw - 08/21/19 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Shaw
Started setting up my own bows back around 1998. Started shooting tournaments in 2000. Absolutely hated the crappy strings that were available at the time. Watched a buddy of mine build a set for me around 2002 and decided to try it myself never intending on doing it for anyone else. Couple of buddies I shot with wanted me to build them a set and it just blew up from there.

Nice. I ask because I’m thinking about picking it up as a hobby. I’m just gathering information at this point.
Posted By: Cuz-Pat

Re: Shaw - 08/23/19 01:40 AM

There is no one better or pays more attention to detail than Sonny.

Ol' boy is danged good at what he does.

I'm sure glad he is my bow mechanic. thumbup
Posted By: imadeerfan

Re: Shaw - 08/23/19 04:37 PM

Just wish he didn't live so far away...can't find anybody around here I think I can trust.
Posted By: skintback

Re: Shaw - 08/24/19 02:43 AM

Installed a set of those Shaw Built Threads today. Already settled and sighted!

Re: Shaw - 08/24/19 03:12 AM

Good luck with ‘em Billy.
Posted By: laidback

Re: Shaw - 08/25/19 10:57 PM

He’s built a set or 2 for me. None better.
Posted By: Claims Rep.

Re: Shaw - 08/27/19 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by imadeerfan
Just wish he didn't live so far away...can't find anybody around here I think I can trust.

I’m in Huntsville, and I made it down to Shaw’s place. thumbup
Posted By: AC870

Re: Shaw - 08/27/19 04:03 AM

Can you build em for any bow? I figure I got trouble when the McPherson Edge is ready to give up the string ghost.

Re: Shaw - 08/27/19 01:42 PM

Yes. If I can’t locate the serving patterns, I’ll have to have the bow here to build them though.
Posted By: AUdeerhunter

Re: Shaw - 08/27/19 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Claims Rep.

I’m in Huntsville, and I made it down to Shaw’s place. thumbup

I drove 1.5 hours each way for Shaw to replace my string a few years ago and I’ll sure do it again next time...As others have mentioned, Sonny took the time to go over everything with me and make sure it was all “right” before I left.
Posted By: BCLC

Re: Shaw - 08/27/19 11:46 PM

It’s worth the trip. I’ve got 2,500-3,000 shots on the last set he built for my Hoyt and there has been ZERO stretching, ZERO peep rotation, and ZERO serving separation.

I wouldn’t put it off too long. He may not even have any spots open this close to season. I’m not sure when he cuts off but it won’t be much longer.
Posted By: SuperSpike

Re: Shaw - 08/28/19 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by BCLC

It’s worth the trip. I’ve got 2,500-3,000 shots on the last set he built for my Hoyt and there has been ZERO stretching, ZERO peep rotation, and ZERO serving separation.

I wouldn’t put it off too long. He may not even have any spots open this close to season. I’m not sure when he cuts off but it won’t be much longer.

He gets busy as the opener gets closer. Your out of luck after the season starts. Luckily I live pretty close to him. If your out of town itd be worth the drive to get a set of his strings.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM