Aldeer.com

bow sight/ range finder

Posted By: king

bow sight/ range finder - 06/11/19 01:01 PM

any of you folks tried the new bow sights with built in range finder, are they worth the big price they get for them ??
Posted By: Shaw

Re: bow sight/ range finder - 06/11/19 01:20 PM

I’ve seen the Garmin in person. It’s pretty impressive on what it can do. But, that’s just too much for me to have on a bow. It’s heavy, you have to install a switch at your grip to activate it and it has a glass lens which is a big turn off for me on a hunting sight.

The high dollar Garmin can link to a Garmin GPS. It will drop a point on the GPS at the spot you range before shooting, allowing you to use your GPS to pinpoint the exact spot the target was in. That would be useful in some areas, especially if the animal leaves the shot site with the arrow in it.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: bow sight/ range finder - 06/11/19 03:02 PM

I'm with Shaw on the weight issue. Also, my opinion is that if rain and fog interfere with range finders, there's a good chance the same will be true for the sight.
In addition, there's NO WAY I'm hiking 3-15 miles on a hunt and relying on a piece of electronics to be able to shoot my bow when I get that chance.
Posted By: king

Re: bow sight/ range finder - 06/12/19 01:46 PM

SHAW, KODIAK, thank you for your response, I put a lot of faith in the opinion of you guys, I think ill pass on these type sights, too much to go wrong, I don't need to have to think about a lot when making a shot, some time "KEEP IT SIMPLE", is the way to go.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM