Aldeer.com

Southside Archery Park Huntsville

Posted By: grundan

Southside Archery Park Huntsville - 03/19/19 01:19 AM

anyone been there? I think I am gonna ride down there tomorrow and check it out. just curious what kind of targets and such they have.
Posted By: 7x57_Mauser

Re: Southside Archery Park Huntsville - 03/19/19 01:40 AM

If it's anything like the archery park down here at Oak Mountain State Park they should have bag targets at 20, 25, 30, 40, 45, and 50 yards (IIRC). I love our archery park. I feel like they actually put good money to good use, they even have an elevated platform (if you're going to use it you need a harness).

Let us know what it's like!

Re: Southside Archery Park Huntsville - 03/19/19 02:32 AM

will do, I plan on going tomorrow and check it out
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: Southside Archery Park Huntsville - 03/19/19 02:44 AM

Also will add if it's a state funded archery park I'm fairly certain you have to have a valid hunting lincense to shoot
Posted By: mcninja

Re: Southside Archery Park Huntsville - 03/19/19 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Ar1220
Also will add if it's a state funded archery park I'm fairly certain you have to have a valid hunting lincense to shoot

That sounded weird to me but it appears you are correct:

The archery park is open year-round during normal park hours for recreational shooting, competitive tournaments and outdoor educational programming. The facility features a 10-target adult range from 15 to 70 yards, a four-target youth range of 5 to 15 yards, and an elevated platform with four targets from 10-40 yards that provides bowhunters an opportunity to simulate hunting conditions.

Use of the archery park is free for those under 16 years of age or over 65. Alabamians ages 16 to 64 must have a hunting license, Wildlife Management Area (WMA) license, or Wildlife Heritage license to use the range. For non-residents, an annual WMA license or non-resident hunting license is required. Licenses are available from various local retailers or online at outdooralabama.com.

Re: Southside Archery Park Huntsville - 03/19/19 08:23 PM

Ninja explained the course, I’ll post a pic from the platform targets. All the targets were the xl morrel bag targets and in great shape. Covered pavilion to shoot from with bow hangers, very nice setup.The 5-70 bags had circles and the elevated platform targets had critters. I shot for a couple of hours and was humbled by the wind at the 60 yard bag. Wind was blowing my arrow 4” left.
[Linked Image]
© 2024 ALDEER.COM