Aldeer.com

Which crossbow

Posted By: MattIce

Which crossbow - 02/11/19 12:28 AM

I'm looking at a couple Barnetts, all 5 range from $400 to $500 which would yall choose? Also any other suggestions in same price range $500 or less.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: AUdeerhunter

Re: Which crossbow - 02/11/19 04:16 AM

I have a Whitetail Hunter II and so does my Dad and a good friend of ours. I don’t think you could beat the Whitetail Hunter II package/kit for the money. I found mine on sale at Walmart for $219 at the end of last season. It was normally priced at $399.

I’ve only hunted about 8 hunts with mine, but so far my only complaint about it is that the quiver is very cheap made and hard to get bolts in/out of. Other than that, it’s great!! I can put 3 bolts in a baseball-sized group at 55 yds with it as long as I have a good rest.
Posted By: Halfrack

Re: Which crossbow - 02/11/19 04:26 AM

Check out the center point sniper 370,fast and has great reviews. Several mods you can do to it to make it even better,bought my gf one and we're very pleased with it. Go to crossbow nation forum and look it up,great how for the money. It's well within your price,there's a trigger mod you can buy for $85 that takes it to 3 lbs .
Posted By: DaffyDucksWorstNightmare

Re: Which crossbow - 02/11/19 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Halfrack
Check out the center point sniper 370,fast and has great reviews. Several mods you can do to it to make it even better,bought my gf one and we're very pleased with it. Go to crossbow nation forum and look it up,great how for the money. It's well within your price,there's a trigger mod you can buy for $85 that takes it to 3 lbs .

X2. I bought my son one and I have been impressed with it so far.
Posted By: 87v6bird

Re: Which crossbow - 02/11/19 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Halfrack

X3 I have one and really like it as well.

BTW the Droptine STR has quite a few bad reviews for the strings coming off the cams.

Re: Which crossbow - 02/11/19 04:09 PM

I'll also add that I believe you can still get the $25 debate and if you shop around,you can find one for about $199. I don't have the trigger mod bc the trigger is okay for her for now,get a set of indexed arrows( guy on crossbow nation sells them for $90/dos I think) and upgrade the scope with a hawke or compriable choice. With all this you're probably still under $500 and you'll have a.sweet setup. The arrows that come with most packages aren't the best normally,nor are the scope but you'll still pay $5 for cheaper carbon express so the $30 more for the indexed ones aren't that much more. Go to crossbownation forum and search the sniper 370 for yourself,lots of experienced guys on there that love the Sniper 370. Hope this helps
Posted By: NEbamahunter

Re: Which crossbow - 02/11/19 05:22 PM

Funny I just saw this thread after researching a crossbow for a while and bugging LUMPY for his opinions for over a yr now... ended up with the 370 on sale at cabelas. I had read about the trigger and scope mods on other sites but for those of use completely new to this world, what are specific models for "Hawke or comparable" optics to research?

Re: Which crossbow - 02/11/19 05:36 PM

Nikon Bolt I've heard was a good one and there's a a thread below on some crossbow scopes that guys seem to like.

Re: Which crossbow - 02/11/19 06:30 PM

thanks Halfrack, I'll check that thread out
Posted By: JohnnyLoco

Re: Which crossbow - 02/11/19 07:41 PM

Excaliber Matrix 330 and an ACOG crossbow scope, 100gr heads
Posted By: ParrotHead89

Re: Which crossbow - 02/11/19 08:37 PM

I would still go with 10point/whicked ridge. Made in America and great service dept.

Re: Which crossbow - 02/11/19 08:38 PM

THis guy has some great deals on diff X bows

https://www.wyverncreations.com/
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Which crossbow - 02/13/19 04:24 PM

Are scopes on bows, with magnification legal in Alabama?
Posted By: BC

Re: Which crossbow - 02/13/19 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by blumsden
Are scopes on bows, with magnification legal in Alabama?

Yes..... since 2010.

Re: Which crossbow - 02/26/19 01:44 PM

Appreciate the help on this thread. Got my first crossbow on the cheap and did several mods so I don't decide to wait until last minute this fall. smile Looking forward to slinging an arrow at something in October.

Re: Which crossbow - 02/26/19 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by NEbamahunter
Appreciate the help on this thread. Got my first crossbow on the cheap and did several mods so I don't decide to wait until last minute this fall. smile Looking forward to slinging an arrow at something in October.

Which one did you get?

Re: Which crossbow - 02/26/19 04:26 PM

Got the CP Sniper Elite 370 then upgraded scope to a NIB Raven R20 (ebay), trigger mod kit, and stock to fab defense style with adjustable cheek rest smile

Re: Which crossbow - 02/28/19 04:37 PM

I think you'll be pleased.
Posted By: MattIce

Re: Which crossbow - 03/19/19 01:51 AM

Ended up spending a little more and getting the whitetail pro str, so far so good
[Linked Image]

Re: Which crossbow - 07/19/19 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by ParrotHead89

Anybody ever bought a bow from this website?
Posted By: jmudler

Re: Which crossbow - 07/22/19 05:44 PM

Yes. David Wilkins is a stand up guy. He knows his stuff.
Posted By: Reloader79

Re: Which crossbow - 07/23/19 03:22 AM

I believe if I was going to try a crossbow I would spend the money and get an Excalibur recurve, less moving parts to go bad and very good reviews on them.
Posted By: Snuffy

Re: Which crossbow - 07/24/19 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Reloader79
I believe if I was going to try a crossbow I would spend the money and get an Excalibur recurve, less moving parts to go bad and very good reviews on them.

X100
Posted By: riflenut

Re: Which crossbow - 07/25/19 09:12 PM

I’ve bought 2 bows from David. He’s the best in the business.
Posted By: JohnnyLoco

Re: Which crossbow - 07/25/19 10:29 PM

He is for sure, like his Excalibur suppressed bumpers

Re: Which crossbow - 07/26/19 11:09 AM

https://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/s...campaign=Newsletter&utm_medium=email

Re: Which crossbow - 07/26/19 11:10 AM

That is a heck of a deal from 10pt

Re: Which crossbow - 07/26/19 03:31 PM

Seems to be a great deal, anybody got any experience with that model? What model Excalibur ya'll shooting?

Re: Which crossbow - 07/26/19 09:57 PM

Go to BP or Cabelas website and ck reviews
© 2024 ALDEER.COM