Aldeer.com

Gonna try something different

Posted By: Coosa1

Gonna try something different - 02/06/19 03:14 PM

Well I commented on another post the other day and said I was done for the year but I think I've changed my mind. Sitting around bored at work today and I've gotten an idea in my head that I'm going to try either Friday or Saturday evening. We have a food plot down behind my parents house that is long and narrow, it has a deep banked creek on one edge and a thicket on the other where the deer bed and come from. My plan, and this is solely for chits and giggles, is to slip in there in the afternoon and make a slow stalk up the creek to try to get into range of a fat doe on the ground with my bow. I've never successfully stalked and killed a deer with my bow so I think it would be a blast. I doubt it will be super productive but I'm going to give it a try anyway. The field is only about 30yds wide and my dad saw 11 does on it last weekend so I might can get it done. As of right now the forecasted wind direction is perfect for the setup.
Posted By: FlyinRN

Re: Gonna try something different - 02/06/19 07:58 PM

That would be cool! I’ve never done that either. I’ve come close, but have never got to actually send an arrow.
Posted By: jb20

Re: Gonna try something different - 02/06/19 09:16 PM

I've stalked one in wet pines and got within bow range but didn't see the other deer bedded down and blew it
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: Gonna try something different - 02/06/19 09:21 PM

My biggest concern this week is whether or not the moccasins are going to be lurking in the creek. It's gonna feel like I'm trying to bushwhack a gobbler.
Posted By: jb20

Re: Gonna try something different - 02/06/19 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Coosa1
My biggest concern this week is whether or not the moccasins are going to be lurking in the creek. It's gonna feel like I'm trying to bushwhack a gobbler.

They r my buddy just sent pic of one hunting beside swamp
Posted By: twaldrop4

Re: Gonna try something different - 02/07/19 03:44 AM

I stalked and killed a 6 point rubbing a tree years ago with my bow. By far not the biggest deer I’ve ever killed but I’m as proud of him as any I’ve killed.
Posted By: Jmxinc

Re: Gonna try something different - 02/07/19 05:03 AM

I’ve never stalked with a bow
Pretty big accomplishment
© 2024 ALDEER.COM