Aldeer.com

Range finder

Posted By: casper36092

Range finder - 01/10/19 05:39 PM

im in need of a range finder. don't want to spend a ton but want something that works good. will mainly be used for bow hunting but also gun. is it important for them to have the angle calculation. have seen a couple halos on sell and wondering if they are good enough to get the job done.

thanks
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Range finder - 01/10/19 06:21 PM

Best piece of advice I can give you is stay away from anything with Wildgame Innovations on it.
Posted By: ShaftOne

Re: Range finder - 01/10/19 07:03 PM

I agree with Shaw.

A range finder is a vital tool bow hunting, so spend the extra little money for better quality. You can get a Nikon without empty your pockets.

Re: Range finder - 01/10/19 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Shaw
Best piece of advice I can give you is stay away from anything with Wildgame Innovations on it.

are the halos wildgame inovations? I see some that have are branded wildgame but is it that same thing and are they all that way?
Posted By: Rooster600

Re: Range finder - 01/10/19 08:17 PM

The Nikon aculon is what I use, and I’ve been extremely happy with it for years. It’s not outrageously priced either.
Posted By: bama1971

Re: Range finder - 01/10/19 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by casper36092
Originally Posted by Shaw

are the halos wildgame inovations? I see some that have are branded wildgame but is it that same thing and are they all that way?

yes.

Re: Range finder - 01/11/19 03:28 AM

I wound up getting a Leupold Rx 650 for a steal. Thanks for the info about the halos because that’s prob what I would have bought.
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Range finder - 01/13/19 03:40 AM

Back when I was shooting 3D's, I went through a couple Bushnell's. They would get error codes and wouldn't work. This was back in the late 90's early 2000's so hopefully they are better now. But in honesty, I used them all year long walking woods and judging yardages. In bowhunting years, I probably put 25 years apiece on them.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM