Aldeer.com

QAD hdx rest

Posted By: grundan

QAD hdx rest - 12/11/18 03:25 AM

I got a new rest today, gonna try and get it set up tomorrow. Any of you shoot the QAD?
Posted By: SuperSpike

Re: QAD hdx rest - 12/11/18 03:51 AM

I do. Its been flawless. My Z7 had a Mathews drop away already on it when I bought it but I like the QAD better.
Posted By: JA

Re: QAD hdx rest - 12/11/18 04:02 AM

I do. Fantastic rest. Switched from a Whisker Biscuit.
Posted By: FlyinRN

Re: QAD hdx rest - 12/11/18 04:40 AM

Been shooting them for years. Never had any of them fail.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: QAD hdx rest - 12/11/18 04:46 AM

Been using them since ‘07. Last couple of rests I’ve gotten have been the HHA Virtus. They’re real similar to the QAD but with some improvements.
Posted By: AUstan23

Re: QAD hdx rest - 12/12/18 12:13 AM

Like mine just fine
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: QAD hdx rest - 12/13/18 03:13 AM

Been great. Had it quit working after several hundred shots and sent it back to QAD. They fixed it years ago and I have never had another issue.
Posted By: Bamaturkeykilla

Re: QAD hdx rest - 12/13/18 04:12 AM

I switched over last year with no issues. Works fine but so did my other brand. Can't tell a whole lot of difference between them. Both dropped away fine and neither of them rubbed fletchings on the shot. I guess the durability part will come with time.
Posted By: 7x57_Mauser

Re: QAD hdx rest - 12/14/18 12:56 AM

Started with whisker biscuit when I was hunting out west. When I bought my Hoyt I splurged and went with the QAD and have been really happy with it. I kind of had to teach myself to have a "nervous thumb" as we used to say in flying because I like to manually raise the rest and not rely on the timing cord attached to the buss line. I've never had the arrow fall off the rest, but I'm just weird like that...
Posted By: Honolua

Re: QAD hdx rest - 12/14/18 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by Shaw
Been using them since ‘07. Last couple of rests I’ve gotten have been the HHA Virtus. They’re real similar to the QAD but with some improvements.

Thanks, I didn't know anything about this rest or that they even made Rests. I will be ditching the QAD after season and buying one of these. Can't remember the issue now but HHA replaced something trouble free for me once. They are good folks. I use that KingPin sight of theirs and love it.
Posted By: sluggun

Re: QAD hdx rest - 12/14/18 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by Honolua
Originally Posted by Shaw

Thanks, I didn't know anything about this rest or that they even made Rests. I will be ditching the QAD after season and buying one of these. Can't remember the issue now but HHA replaced something trouble free for me once. They are good folks. I use that KingPin sight of theirs and love it.

Just send me your qad if you don’t like it. I think I could suffer through using it for a while.
Posted By: sluggun

Re: QAD hdx rest - 12/14/18 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by 7x57_Mauser
Started with whisker biscuit when I was hunting out west. When I bought my Hoyt I splurged and went with the QAD and have been really happy with it. I kind of had to teach myself to have a "nervous thumb" as we used to say in flying because I like to manually raise the rest and not rely on the timing cord attached to the buss line. I've never had the arrow fall off the rest, but I'm just weird like that...

I use a qad rest on all of my bows whether I’m shooting 3D, hunting or shooting Buckmasters and I always manually raise the launcher. This gives me full capture mode on the arrow through the whole draw cycle. I don’t have to worry about the arrow falling off the rest. It just seems like second nature now for me to flip it up as soon as the arrow locks to the string.
Posted By: grundan

Re: QAD hdx rest - 12/15/18 01:35 AM

I got it mounted but didn’t go out and shoot today, just eye balled the center shot. I tied the timing cord to the cable with a d loop knot right below the serving instead of the little black plastic anchor thing. Will fine tune it when I work off shift next week.
Posted By: Jmfire722

Re: QAD hdx rest - 12/15/18 02:03 AM

I love mine on my Mathews Heli-M. Won’t shoot anything else after this one, been very pleased
© 2024 ALDEER.COM