Aldeer.com

How many?

Posted By: Moore65592

How many? - 12/06/18 03:22 AM

How many of y'all bow hunt all year even through the rut?
Posted By: MoeBuck

Re: How many? - 12/06/18 12:38 PM

I do.
Posted By: king

Re: How many? - 12/06/18 02:00 PM

im a bowhunter. if im derr hunting, its with my bow!
Posted By: Strictlybow

Re: How many? - 12/06/18 06:41 PM

All year every year.
Posted By: RCHRR

Re: How many? - 12/06/18 07:07 PM

All year here.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: How many? - 12/06/18 07:34 PM

Both for deer but, I do all elk hunting with bow.
Posted By: USMC4910

Re: How many? - 12/06/18 07:53 PM

All year here.
Posted By: TGbow

Re: How many? - 12/06/18 08:35 PM

I do...I love guns a lot but I love hunting deer with my recurve.

Re: How many? - 12/06/18 09:25 PM

It means more killing one with a bow to me
Posted By: aldeerstalker

Re: How many? - 12/06/18 09:46 PM

I'm a bow hunter...…... I don't even enjoy gun hunting for deer anymore...just doesn't seem like its a level playing field anymore when gun hunting!

Re: How many? - 12/06/18 10:19 PM

Exactly how I feel about it
Posted By: SouthernRoots

Re: How many? - 12/06/18 11:27 PM

I cant say every time I get in the woods. The savage makes two to three appearances per year. Id say a solid 90 % of my sits are with my bow in hand.
Posted By: sbo1971

Re: How many? - 12/07/18 01:57 PM

After picking up a bow for the first time three years ago, I have only taken a rifle twice since then. Killed my best buck during the rut 3 yrs ago with my bow don’t see myself going back anytime soon.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: How many? - 12/07/18 02:58 PM

One thing that year-round bow hunters have in common (usually) is an amazing deer population. I don't know many guys that hunt crappy land that are bow-only. It's usually the type folks that see 22 deer on a sit and complain about only seeing small bucks laugh
I've got a place now where I can see a good many deer, but I'm not to the point where I can see a shooter at 80 yards and be happy about not shooting him during rifle season.
Posted By: jb20

Re: How many? - 12/07/18 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Remington270
One thing that year-round bow hunters have in common (usually) is an amazing deer population. I don't know many guys that hunt crappy land that are bow-only. It's usually the type folks that see 22 deer on a sit and complain about only seeing small bucks laugh
I've got a place now where I can see a good many deer, but I'm not to the point where I can see a shooter at 80 yards and be happy about not shooting him during rifle season.

This ^^^ u might kill a good buck every few years hunting my place with a bow i would love to bowhunt year around but I like killing deer too so I take rifle
Posted By: MC21

Re: How many? - 12/07/18 04:01 PM

I’ll Bow Hunt some public land spots because that’s my only choice. But if I’m on private land I’m going to have the smoke pole no question about it
Posted By: mcninja

Re: How many? - 12/07/18 08:23 PM

At this season in my life I don't hunt near as much as I used to be able to. I'll go maybe half a dozen times/season, tops. Usually bow opener, 1-2 times with the kids early in the season, and then another handful when the rut is wide open.

I tote my rifle for all of it except for the bow opener.
Posted By: lostinbass

Re: How many? - 12/07/18 10:09 PM

I bowhunt the entire season.........it's getting a bit frustrating being a member of a gun hunting club, with all the pressure they put on the deer. I've got to find a better situation. Any suggestions???? I'm in Mobile, AL. HELP!!!
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: How many? - 12/07/18 10:33 PM

Does a crossbow count? I haven’t killed a deer with a gun in 3 years but 13 have died in that time.
Posted By: Sulli

Re: How many? - 12/07/18 10:51 PM

I still use my rifle but I also bow hunt during rifle season a fair amount. The weather and whether or not my son is with me determines it the majority of the time. I wanted to bow hunt last weekend and this weekend but no we have to have heavy rain. While I’m at work next week I’m sure the weather will be great

Re: How many? - 12/08/18 01:07 AM

I bow hunt year round and I have to say I've learned a lot doing it cause there so many times I'm forced to have to sit and watch em cause there out of range and it's made me more patience and a better hunter but it is aggervating to sit and watch a good buck chase a doe right outside of bow range
Posted By: bigcountry692001

Re: How many? - 12/08/18 11:14 AM

I haven’t carried a rifle in two years.. I haven’t killed a deer in two years either but that’s ok. Since I’ve srstted bow hunting I’ve definitely gotten better as a hunter and I’ll contribute that to hunting public land as well. My sightings have gone up I just haven’t been able to get in the right position and get it done.
Posted By: bama1971

Re: How many? - 12/10/18 12:40 AM

I haven’t shot a deer with a rifle in 16 years. When I started bow hunting
Posted By: TGbow

Re: How many? - 12/10/18 11:53 AM

I've bowhunted 98% of the time since 1975. I have come to live with it..lol
It is aggravating sometimes but just part of it.
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: How many? - 12/10/18 12:40 PM

I don't strictly bow hunt, but I bow hunt more than I gun hunt. However, some of my reasoning is because the majority of my hunting occurs on a military base and we have a set hunt schedule: This year there are 13 gun days and 54 bow days (and it's heavily backloaded, the last of January into February will be basically all bow hunting).

But even back in my private land days I would often hunt with my bow throughout the season (situational). Suppose we had some water oaks dropping late, or a small food plot, I'd often take my bow and go hunt stuff like that.
Posted By: muzziehead

Re: How many? - 12/10/18 05:29 PM

I bowhunt all season long for the most part. I might take my muzzleloader on occasion but very seldom. I honestly dont find any challenge or reward for that matter going out and sitting in shooting house and squeezing the trigger, unless I am taking a kid out for a hunt and then that is totally different situation. But, I will say that the older I get, bow hunting can become a challenge when those temps get down in the 20's knowing how warm one of those houses would be.
Posted By: pickenstj

Re: How many? - 12/10/18 09:26 PM

The only time I gun hunt is in the rain. I'm just not going to kill a deer that I never find due to a washed out blood trail.

Tim
Posted By: jmudler

Re: How many? - 12/10/18 09:28 PM

I hunt one piece of land that is bow only all season. Gun on family land.
Posted By: Honolua

Re: How many? - 12/10/18 10:04 PM

I only bowhunt deer.
Posted By: alexsupertramp

Re: How many? - 12/11/18 09:20 PM

bow hunt 99.9% of time

Alex Supertramp
Posted By: lawnman

Re: How many? - 12/18/18 02:43 PM

If i'm deer hunting i'm bowhunting. It doesnt matter about the weather or stage of the rut or the property i'm hunting. Just my preference.
Posted By: Slughunter

Re: How many? - 12/18/18 03:04 PM

The last 5 bucks I've shot with a gun were in bow range. After the last one, my biggest, I switched to bow only. Started last season, which was cut short due to injury, and I've stuck with it so far this season. Now when I'm on private land or gun hunt on WMA I normally carry my bow and an AR/AK in case hogs or yotes show up; I want more than 4 arrows if those trashy things show up.
Posted By: skintback

Re: How many? - 12/18/18 08:11 PM

depends on my location. We have a lot of clearcuts so i break out the rifle for those, and hogs
Posted By: blade

Re: How many? - 12/18/18 08:44 PM

I’ve killed 3 bows, all on public land.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM