Aldeer.com

How often do you wash you hunting clothes?

Posted By: SouthernGent87

How often do you wash you hunting clothes? - 10/22/18 05:29 PM

Just a curiosity question. How often do you wash your hunting clothes/gear? After every hunt, every few, or not at all? I mainly bow hunt and try to wash after each hunt in the sent elimination detergents but what a pain.
Posted By: GKelly

Re: How often do you wash you hunting clothes? - 10/22/18 05:35 PM

whenever i get them sweaty or if i notice the odor i wash in a half a box of baking soda and air dry point is to stay downwind anyway
Posted By: JA

Re: How often do you wash you hunting clothes? - 10/22/18 05:50 PM

Early season just about after every hunt since I'm usually scouting or working on stands between hunts.
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: How often do you wash you hunting clothes? - 10/22/18 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by JA
Early season just about after every hunt since I'm usually scouting or working on stands between hunts.

What JA said. I just use unscented ALL free and clear.
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: How often do you wash you hunting clothes? - 10/22/18 06:46 PM

Deer hunting clothes, I wash them regularly, dry without a dryer sheet, then spray them good with scent killer spray.

Turkey hunting clothes get washed once at the end of the season. By the last week of the season I can usually take them off and stand them in the corner. rofl
Posted By: hopper35005

Re: How often do you wash you hunting clothes? - 10/22/18 07:01 PM

base layer gets washed after every hunt ....outlayer gets washed once per season unless it gets covered in blood
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: How often do you wash you hunting clothes? - 10/22/18 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by GomerPyle

Turkey hunting clothes get washed once at the end of the season. By the last week of the season I can usually take them off and stand them in the corner. rofl

I don't even think I washed mine at the end of season this year, come to think of it I might not have washed them the year before either rofl

Re: How often do you wash you hunting clothes? - 10/22/18 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Coosa1

I don't even think I washed mine at the end of season this year, come to think of it I might not have washed them the year before either rofl

I didn't have to wash my turkey pants after last season...when I killed that 2nd bird on the last day of the season, I jumped up to run and grab him and ripped the crotch out of them...way beyond repair, so they just went in the garbage.
Posted By: FlyinRN

Re: How often do you wash you hunting clothes? - 10/22/18 08:23 PM

Only when dirty/bloody or I think I sweated in them. Base layers more frequent but depends on use as well.
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: How often do you wash you hunting clothes? - 10/22/18 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by FlyinRN
Only when dirty/bloody or I think I sweated in them. Base layers more frequent but depends on use as well.

This
Posted By: TGbow

Re: How often do you wash you hunting clothes? - 10/23/18 12:18 AM

I dont wash my outer garments every time I go but the inner layers I wash and hang them out to dry.
I then put them in a container with fresh pine straw.
Posted By: grundan

Re: How often do you wash you hunting clothes? - 10/23/18 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by TGbow
I dont wash my outer garments every time I go but the inner layers I wash and hang them out to dry.
I then put them in a container with fresh pine straw.

If I did this; my luck the straw would be full of chiggers
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: How often do you wash you hunting clothes? - 10/23/18 02:24 AM

I'm running and gunning for elk in warm temps so, usually after every hunt. I have at least 4 pair pants for this type hunting and a lot of tops so, I just wait until they all dirty and do one load.
I just received my First Lite Corrugate Guide pant and wick 1/4 zip shirt in the mail today so, add another set to the total grin Oh, I got a Sitka light wt hoodie last week too.

Re: How often do you wash you hunting clothes? - 10/23/18 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by kodiak06
I just received my First Lite Corrugate Guide pant and wick 1/4 zip shirt in the mail today so, add another set to the total grin Oh, I got a Sitka light wt hoodie last week too.

Can't hide money!
Posted By: RCHRR

Re: How often do you wash you hunting clothes? - 10/23/18 06:01 AM

After every hunt but I wear a different set every hunt because the freshly washed set goes in a box with cedar and pine limbs until the next hunt.
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: How often do you wash you hunting clothes? - 10/23/18 01:41 PM

I have a couple of sets so I go through all sets then wash together.
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: How often do you wash you hunting clothes? - 10/23/18 01:42 PM

as infrequently as i can possibly get away with
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: How often do you wash you hunting clothes? - 10/23/18 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by kodiak06

Can't hide money!

Lol, today my Sitka Cloudburst pant comes that I had to exchange... I will say im not paying retail so, that helps. Still expensive though.
Posted By: BuckRidge17

Re: How often do you wash you hunting clothes? - 10/23/18 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by FlyinRN
Posted By: Stob

Re: How often do you wash you hunting clothes? - 10/23/18 05:03 PM

Every 3 -4 hunts for outer garments, hanging them outside in between.
Posted By: TGbow

Re: How often do you wash you hunting clothes? - 10/23/18 11:34 PM

I got a fleece ASAT Henley shirt from Day One. I'm gonna wear it over whatever I have on. Along with my ghillie hat it will be my main camo.
I definitely wash my under garments after every hunt but the outer garments I wash every other hunt then fresh air dry them.
Posted By: Stickers

Re: How often do you wash you hunting clothes? - 10/29/18 11:07 PM

Base layers , facemasks, fleece headwear, socks and sock liners after each weekend. Outer wear maybe once per gun season unless bloody.
Posted By: muzziehead

Re: How often do you wash you hunting clothes? - 10/30/18 12:35 PM

Early season, I will wash mine every hunt. I also wash the boxers I wear hunting as well as the towels I use after showering. In addition, after they are washed and folded or hung up, I place them in storage totes or zippered hanging gear, that have earth scent wafers in them.
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: How often do you wash you hunting clothes? - 10/30/18 01:01 PM

I change in to hunting clothes at my destination and only wear them in the woods. I wash them When they get bloody or noticeable dirty or from a very sweaty drag or hunt. Some might get washed once every few years. I wash my base layers much more often.
Posted By: Bamarich2

Re: How often do you wash you hunting clothes? - 10/30/18 09:28 PM

I’ll probably wash less than I used to due to using ozone. Got a cheap wardrobe container at Walmart this weekend and put an ozone device in it with my hunting clothes inside. Ten minutes with that device and odors we’re gone!
Posted By: Turkeyjery1

Re: How often do you wash you hunting clothes? - 10/30/18 10:22 PM

I wash my bow hunting clothes about Every other day. I don't use
The high roller scent free detergent and other scent free gimmicks
they have on the market these days. But what I do is wash my hunting
Clothes in is I add a bottle of Vanilla extract in the washer. I am a firm
believer in Vanilla extract. I wah my Cold weather clothes less often
mainly because the deer don't have to be close so there is less of a chance
Of them smelling or winding me.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM