Aldeer.com

Shooting elevated

Posted By: bassmaster95

Shooting elevated - 10/11/18 12:06 PM

Hey guys at what height do arrows change point of impact? Or do they?
Posted By: nomercy

Re: Shooting elevated - 10/11/18 12:31 PM

[Linked Image]

Few factors here. How heavy is your arrow? How fast is it traveling? Best I can say is figure your drop on flat ground and adjust that at whatever distance you shoot from elevated. The distance you measure on the ground is shorter that the elevated line of travel. The higher you go the less drop due to gravity effect. That’s shooting at the same distance just elevating your release point. Go get a range finder with a drop compensator. Easy way!!
Posted By: rulebreaker

Re: Shooting elevated - 10/11/18 03:36 PM

Geez, quantum physics not my strong point, no wonder so many people miss. lol.....
Posted By: GKelly

Re: Shooting elevated - 10/11/18 04:28 PM

ive never been able to tell a noticeable difference your not gonna be far enough up the tree for it to matter wonder how many deer been lost to overthinking
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Shooting elevated - 10/11/18 04:32 PM

Biggest mistake everyone makes is not bending at the waist to make the angle. I’ve got a yardage compensating rangefinder and the most I’ve ever seen it compensate is 3 yards.
Posted By: nomercy

Re: Shooting elevated - 10/11/18 07:19 PM

^^^^^^^
That. I agree. I’ve not seen it make much difference
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: Shooting elevated - 10/11/18 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by rulebreaker
Geez, quantum physics not my strong point, no wonder so many people miss. lol.....

over-thinking chit is the reason for a lot of misses ... & not bending at the waist
© 2024 ALDEER.COM