Aldeer.com

Wear your Safety Harness

Posted By: rolltidehunter

Wear your Safety Harness - 10/10/18 12:44 PM

As opening day approaches make sure you wear your safety harness. There is NO EXCUSES. Don’t think it won’t happen to you because it will. You owe it to your family and friends to come home in 1 piece.My son is 7 and he has been going with me for a few years now and he has a harness and we always use a harness once we get off ground. We use the lifelines for ladder stands. Be good examples for the future generations of hunters. My wife don’t hunt but she know my lease pretty good so I will tell her where I will hunting so if something does happen. I hunt public ground some and I will show her on map where I will be on that given hunt. Safety first. Happy Hunting and good luck to everyone this year.
Posted By: biglmbass

Re: Wear your Safety Harness - 10/10/18 01:22 PM

great info...
Posted By: TGbow

Re: Wear your Safety Harness - 10/10/18 11:15 PM

I don't hunt out of treestands much but there's no way I would hunt without a harness.
Folks get injured and killed every year not wearing a harness.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Wear your Safety Harness - 10/10/18 11:37 PM

Breaking your neck and tearing a disc in your lower back sucks. Been there and done that.
Posted By: G/H

Re: Wear your Safety Harness - 10/11/18 02:59 AM

I've started using safety lines also on my sets
Posted By: bigcountry692001

Re: Wear your Safety Harness - 10/12/18 01:18 AM

Lineman’s belt, tree strap and a rock climbing harness
Posted By: boker

Re: Wear your Safety Harness - 10/12/18 02:28 AM

Good advice
Posted By: Strictlybow

Re: Wear your Safety Harness - 10/12/18 01:32 PM

I picked a buddy up off of the ground 2 yrs ago.

My son and I were passing by his house at dark so I called him to see if he wanted to grab some Mexican with us. He said sure come pick me up at the big field locon. I pull up to the spot and he’s laying on the ground with tears flowing and cdnt move. Slipped coming down fell flat on his back on top of binoculars. Took him to the hospital with broken ribs and cracked vertebrae.

If I hadn’t called him and then picked him up there’s no telling how long he would have been there. He cdnt even get his phone out of his back pocket.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM