Aldeer.com

TVA land

Posted By: znrichie

TVA land - 09/18/18 10:15 PM

Does it get hunted much, Spring Creek area? Elk River etc. Wanting to do a little bow hunting by boat on some other areas other than wheeler and the norm. I'm sure the rifle hunters are out there in full force?
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: TVA land - 09/18/18 11:21 PM

If it is boat access only you will be for the most part alone. But the other guys walking in May push the to ya.
Posted By: ghost rabbit

Re: TVA land - 09/23/18 02:11 PM

I have been thinking about trying thst same area out myself only a little later during gun season. I've talked to a few people over the years that hunt it so I know there are quality deer out there. On tva land I don't tjink you'll have a lot of people before gun season
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: TVA land - 09/23/18 05:16 PM

I killed a possum with a stick on tva land once....
Posted By: jono23

Re: TVA land - 09/23/18 07:07 PM

Every year I tell myself I'm going to try that TVA land over off Hobbs Island, but I never do it. My friend is in a big hunting club on the Paint Rock and I've never seen a deer there, maybe there just aren't any around rofl
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: TVA land - 09/24/18 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by jono23
Every year I tell myself I'm going to try that TVA land over off Hobbs Island, but I never do it. My friend is in a big hunting club on the Paint Rock and I've never seen a deer there, maybe there just aren't any around rofl

They gated off the green gate entrance by the farm. Gotta have a boat for that area now. You can still acess the area further down by road.

Re: TVA land - 09/24/18 01:19 AM

Can you not access it in that little parking area right off Hobbs Island? There's a little parking lot and a boat ramp to get kayaks and stuff into the water, but there is also a trail that leads into the TVA land, no?

Re: TVA land - 09/24/18 03:10 AM

Ive hunted all that jono..bring a stick they got lotsuh possums

Re: TVA land - 09/24/18 08:28 PM

Headed to scout a area. We'll see how it goes.

Re: TVA land - 09/24/18 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by CarbonClimber1

But I'm right about being able to access it there, right? If not I've totally trespassed rofl

Re: TVA land - 09/24/18 10:34 PM

I acessed by boat jono, idk man. I know there was a gate that was shut by farmers complainin..cant have nothin.

Re: TVA land - 09/25/18 12:02 AM

Gotcha. Well, where I walked was listed as TVA land on the onXhunt app. Guess I'll stick to Wheeler grin
Posted By: AC870

Re: TVA land - 09/25/18 02:26 AM

I killed a possum with a stick on tva land once....

Pics or it didn’t happen.

Re: TVA land - 09/25/18 03:19 AM

I was walkin through a fresh burn when low an behold i seenteem waddlin around..i saw red..
Posted By: mcninja

Re: TVA land - 09/25/18 01:09 PM

I walked around down there a good bit and have hunted it once but didn't see any deer. Saw some old (petrified) deer poop though.

Re: TVA land - 09/25/18 10:43 PM

Seen a doe while scouting yesterday. Walked up on her think she scared me more than I scared her.
Posted By: Abbhudson

Re: TVA land - 09/26/18 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by jono23

But I'm right about being able to access it there, right? If not I've totally trespassed rofl

Legal. Just not many deer.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM