Aldeer.com

Shooting with Glasses vs. Contacts

Posted By: gcr0003

Shooting with Glasses vs. Contacts - 08/08/18 11:28 AM

I wore nothing but contacts since highschool and all through college; however, when I started my current job wore glasses. I've only hunted with contacts thus far; but, since I wear glasses all the time, contacts fill itchy, uncomfortable, and somewhat unclear. I prefer my clarity with glasses, but I love the flexibility I have with the contacts. I've notice during practice shooting that my glasses fall down a little bit when aiming and keeping my eyes open with contacts (aiming at the target) for any period of time causes the the contacts/vision fog up (this is hard to describe unless you've experienced it). I've also noticed that aiming while wearing glasses is difficult sometimes due to the angle in which my vision is through the peep sight.

Surely others have faced this. What are your thoughts? What do you wear hunting and why?
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Shooting with Glasses vs. Contacts - 08/08/18 11:55 AM

Contacts glasses only at night after I've taken my contacts out
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: Shooting with Glasses vs. Contacts - 08/08/18 02:15 PM

I have to wear contacts when shooting my bow. The middle of the glasses frame cuts right threw my peep. Maybe if I got a pair with no rim they would work. But glasses also tend to fog with mask or humidity. Just something else to go wrong or lose in the woods.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Shooting with Glasses vs. Contacts - 08/08/18 02:29 PM

Can't imagine hunting with glasses. If contacts really bother you, just get lasik and be done with it.
Posted By: DaffyDucksWorstNightmare

Re: Shooting with Glasses vs. Contacts - 08/08/18 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by AUwrestler
I have to wear contacts when shooting my bow. The middle of the glasses frame cuts right threw my peep. Maybe if I got a pair with no rim they would work. But glasses also tend to fog with mask or humidity. Just something else to go wrong or lose in the woods.

Me too! I have tried over and over with glasses but it just doesn't work for me.

Re: Shooting with Glasses vs. Contacts - 08/08/18 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by DaffyDucksWorstNightmare
Originally Posted by AUwrestler

Me too! I have tried over and over with glasses but it just doesn't work for me.

Same and same.

Re: Shooting with Glasses vs. Contacts - 08/08/18 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Remington270
Can't imagine hunting with glasses. If contacts really bother you, just get lasik and be done with it.

I love how you say that as if it’s as easy as just going to the grocery store and buying bananas. Not that it costs a couple grand haha.
Posted By: 243Win

Re: Shooting with Glasses vs. Contacts - 08/13/18 08:50 PM

Never had a problem with contacts but couldn't look through my peep with glasses. Had Lasik last year and I'm so glad I did
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Shooting with Glasses vs. Contacts - 08/13/18 09:55 PM

I wear glasses all the time. My problem at 54 is seeing the target and pins. The pin is blurry. I'm going to get a verifier peep to hopefully clean things up.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM