Aldeer.com

mathews bow

Posted By: StoneMan

mathews bow - 06/18/18 03:12 PM

I've got a friend of the family who is offering me a halon 32, 70# draw, spot hogg fast eddie one pin sight, with sight light. shot only maybe 20 times. Never seen the woods. Is $1,100 a good deal?
Posted By: Shaw

Re: mathews bow - 06/18/18 03:58 PM

Is anything else included and is it the correct draw length for you? You can by the bow brand new for $899 plus tax from a bigger dealer. The sight will run you about $240 new. If you have to purchase mods to change the draw length, that’ll be $30. The only way I’d go $1100 for it is if it had a good stabilizer, quiver (Mathews), a good rest (QAD) and the correct draw mods. In other words it’s not a smoking deal. If it’s been registered in his name, you will not have a warranty on it.

Re: mathews bow - 06/18/18 04:38 PM

correct draw length, QAD drop away rest, mathews quiver and 2 dozen gold tip arrows, with 4 brand new packs of broadheads (slick tricks and muzzys). bee stinger pro maxx stabilizer.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: mathews bow - 06/18/18 05:01 PM

NOT A DEAL, well its a great deal for your buddy, not YOU!

Re: mathews bow - 06/18/18 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by StoneMan
correct draw length, QAD drop away rest, mathews quiver and 2 dozen gold tip arrows, with 4 brand new packs of broadheads (slick tricks and muzzys). bee stinger pro maxx stabilizer.

It’s a pretty good deal with all of those accessories.

Re: mathews bow - 06/18/18 07:48 PM

Going to shoot it tomorrow to see if it feels right. Been shooting a PSE that you re strung for me thats smooth as a whistle to me. Never shot a mathews though.

Re: mathews bow - 06/18/18 08:02 PM

I’ve got a Halon 32 and it’s sweet.
Posted By: AUstan23

Re: mathews bow - 06/19/18 12:44 AM

I think you could find something cheaper but with all that included it seems about right.
Posted By: Jmxinc

Re: mathews bow - 06/19/18 02:13 AM

If it fits you and you shoot it you will be hooked
Good shooting bow IMO
Posted By: Atoler

Re: mathews bow - 06/19/18 04:23 AM

That’s about $200 more than a “good” deal imo. You can find setup halon 32s for less than $1000 left and right.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: mathews bow - 06/19/18 05:28 AM

I'd price the accessories, go to AT and search the bows. The positive is that you know the owner...
Posted By: alhawk

Re: mathews bow - 06/19/18 03:42 PM

Going to shoot it tomorrow to see if it feels right. Been shooting a PSE that you re strung for me thats smooth as a whistle to me. Never shot a mathews though.

Will probably come with a case of Zima as well laugh

Re: mathews bow - 06/19/18 04:45 PM

Nope. Hoyt bows come exclusively with a case of Zimas and hearing protection. Bowtechs come with a roll of duct tape, some bailing wire and safety googles. laugh
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: mathews bow - 06/19/18 05:13 PM

I dont think the new bowtech limbs are an issue. Hope my prodigy don't explode, too sweet a shooter. I guess the positive of that would be I'd get a new set of Limbs LOL I shot Matthews I just haven't cared for the feel of them. But I know my buddy Switchback is badass

Re: mathews bow - 06/20/18 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Shaw
Nope. Hoyt bows come exclusively with a case of Zimas and hearing protection. Bowtechs come with a roll of duct tape, some bailing wire and safety googles. laugh

And pse you must shoot in a batting cage to avoid the bow hitting a bystander when it flies out of your hand

Re: mathews bow - 06/20/18 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by AUstan23

And pse you must shoot in a batting cage to avoid the bow hitting a bystander when it flies out of your hand

Hit better groups with PSE at 40 than you any day. Don’t put PSE down. For the price tag, it’s a good bow. I decided to not spend the $ on the Mathews and going to set up a nice rifle for about $300 more than the bow.
Posted By: Rooster600

Re: mathews bow - 06/20/18 03:01 PM

If you're so amazing with pse why switch? You literally just talked about being able to set up a rifle for slightly more than a Mathews. Go set up that rifle.

Re: mathews bow - 06/20/18 03:04 PM

I don’t know. AUstan may shoot a bow like Stevie Wonder. laugh

Re: mathews bow - 06/20/18 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by AUstan23

Hit better groups with PSE at 40 than you any day. Don’t put PSE down. For the price tag, it’s a good bow. I decided to not spend the $ on the Mathews and going to set up a nice rifle for about $300 more than the bow.

I don't care for their lower end stuff, brute, stinger, etc.The evolve and bow madness line are both good. Yeesh. I prefer Elite and Mathews.

Re: mathews bow - 06/20/18 04:03 PM

I don’t know. AUstan may shoot a bow like Stevie Wonder. laugh

I'm average at best
© 2024 ALDEER.COM