Aldeer.com

My addiction

Posted By: kodiak06

My addiction - 02/14/18 02:49 AM

I absolutely love my archery elk season. My addiction is 12mos a year and at time causes pain. Costs me some cash as well but, all of us bow hunting fork out the money.
I had 9 bulls on camera last week in one photo (no bait). I decided since 3 are really good bulls to bike around the private fields these bulls are frequenting on the timber company land and make a plan for shed hunting in the next weeks and for next elk season.
I followed my map, biked the right route only to find I'm on a discontinued logging road, basically a dead end. Saddled up and worked my way around and fought a little pain, in not in shape right now. Came to my marked position and was wowed by the view. If I hunt this next year, Mr. Big better go around this clear cut, I gotta view. I actually spotted the bulls in the reprod before heading out.
After my ride was completed, I checked the mileage, 9.8 miles of hills biked/hiked. Pretty sore.
Today I added a 4.2 mile hike to get moving again.
Come on September.
Here's that well liked vantage point I found myself
[Linked Image]

Re: My addiction - 02/14/18 02:50 AM

This was a 4.21 way out so, hoping not too much hunting pressure other than a couple land owners.

Re: My addiction - 02/14/18 02:51 AM

193 days until Elk Season
73 days no dip/nicotine free
Posted By: RobertM

Re: My addiction - 02/14/18 02:11 PM

Very cool Kodiak.

I hope to one day chase Elk with my bow. In fact, that is what got me to increasing my cardio training since I understand that Elk hunting can be demanding.
Posted By: Clem

Re: My addiction - 02/14/18 09:51 PM

Looks like awesome hunting. Congrats on being nic free, too. That's super.
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: My addiction - 02/14/18 10:11 PM

I'm counting them down too and wish I could go tomorrow
Posted By: grundan

Re: My addiction - 02/15/18 03:44 PM

Very nice,!,

My bucket list has a bull elk with bow , on it

Re: My addiction - 02/17/18 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by grundan
Very nice,!,

My bucket list has a bull elk with bow , on it

It's fun stuff. I haven't done the Rocky Mt elk, having too much fun with the Roosevelts. Not as steep here either which helps my bad knees.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM