Aldeer.com

Backpacks

Posted By: bigcountry692001

Backpacks - 02/02/18 02:14 AM

How many of y’all use them? Since I’ve switched to bow only and the hang on stand I think I’m going to need one. I have a small tote bag they I keep the essentials in but it will not work in the stand. What do y’all use or recommend?
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Backpacks - 02/02/18 02:23 AM

Do you want a pack to carry the bow or to carry/hold gear? Both?
Lots of packs. I use a tensing 2200 pack, no problems with it at all and it gets used heavily.
This year I've converted my frame pack with some add-ons, gonna test the set up to do away with my pack
and hunt lighter. Lots of good archery packs out there.

Re: Backpacks - 02/02/18 02:47 AM

Just one to hold my gear. Stick quiver, lineman’s belt, pull rope, extra climbing sticks, clothes, water and anything else I might need.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Backpacks - 02/02/18 03:18 AM

Gotcha, I'd just find a quality pack and get it. The best deal I've seen lately on a pack was a Badlands pack on Camofire. Guessing
it was cheap since it was snow camo. Some green dye and it would be rocking the south...
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Backpacks - 02/02/18 03:18 AM

I like the medium sized Badlands pack (once I determine which pockets hold what). My clothes usually get strapped on the stand in between the stand and pack. Safety stuff in the main pouch, binos in the middle pouch, and gloves, pull-up rope in the outer. Snacks on the one-side, and gps, headlamp, etc on the other side.
Posted By: JA

Re: Backpacks - 02/02/18 03:50 AM

I’ve never used one. Between the pockets in my safety harness and the pockets in my shirt and pants, I’ve got room for everything I need.

Re: Backpacks - 02/02/18 04:04 AM

I’m usually a minimalist hunter but I’ve acquired some more gear with this run n gun set up. I’m thinking just a small-medium pack I can hang on my ez hanger or one of my sticks. I assuming I could attach it to my stand walking in and out.
Posted By: TGbow

Re: Backpacks - 02/02/18 05:00 AM

I just bought one made by Gen x for $29, not real big but big enough.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Backpacks - 02/02/18 05:31 AM

I've been using a Blacks Creek All American for a long time and love it.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Backpacks - 02/02/18 11:31 AM

Hard to go wrong with a Tenzing or a Badlands.

Re: Backpacks - 02/02/18 12:46 PM

Tenzings are nice I’ll checkout the badlands too.
Posted By: BruteX

Re: Backpacks - 02/02/18 10:26 PM

I use the Cabelas whitetail fanny pack. Holds all my gear and can also hold my sitka fanatic bibs and jacket in the attached flap thing a meh jig
Posted By: Clem

Re: Backpacks - 02/02/18 11:22 PM

Tenzing 1450. I have a Badlands SuperDay for when I might need more stuff. Both are good.

Re: Backpacks - 02/03/18 12:42 AM

I like the looks of the Tenzing sling pack. I still need to see what badlands has.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Backpacks - 02/03/18 01:44 AM

I got a Tenzing sling pack but it wound up being delayed due to being back ordered. So I didn’t get a chance to use it this season. It looks like it’s going to be a perfect pack for bowhunting. It has a separate pouch for your rangefinder and you can attach you quiver to it as well. I’ve been using a Tenzing 1500 the last two seasons. It’s been a great pack, but it’s a little big for bowhunting. It’s better suited for sitting shooting houses while gun hunting or for all day sits in a treestand. It was perfect on my trip to Wyoming back in October.
Posted By: gcr0003

Re: Backpacks - 02/03/18 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by BruteX
I use the Cabelas whitetail fanny pack. Holds all my gear and can also hold my sitka fanatic bibs and jacket in the attached flap thing a meh jig

Last year when I started Bow hunting I was very minimalistic: Climber, Bow/quiver, String to pull bow up
[Linked Image]
Then I added a back pack to hold water, coffee, snacks, extra clothing, knife, etc. (bunch of junk I didn't need)
[Linked Image]
Then I found this bow and rifle pack which held all my junk as well as my bow (Hands free). The downside to only having one climber is that I'm always hauling it in and out, which means instead of being on my back, the pack would be hanging on my climber. (My climber straps are miserably uncomfortable)
Which looked something like this [Linked Image]

I eventually got sick of the extra bag/extra weight and went back to just carrying everything in my pockets (Flashlight, bow line, tree harness, grunt call).

That had me thinking that a happy medium might be a fanny pack. I like the idea. BruteX where do you strap the fanny once your in the tree. How do you like it?
Posted By: BruteX

Re: Backpacks - 02/03/18 01:46 PM

It has a hook strap on it so I just hang it from a mini hanger. The bag is a fanny but has backpack straps. The reason I prefer it to a back pack is you can put it on and put your climber on top of it and it keeps the climber off your legs.

Re: Backpacks - 02/04/18 12:38 AM

These are some solid options. The fanny pack definitely worth if checking out, I could wear it around my waist and could still pull my shirt and up while I stand on the sticks. The sling pack could be and option as well. I think I could put it in th front and my hang on on my back.
Posted By: MPbow_man

Re: Backpacks - 02/04/18 02:40 AM

I use the tenzing 14.5. Super light weight and the perfect size to carry your gear and not be too big. I hang my bag on my climber quite a bit as well and it’s not bad at all. This was my first year to have it and I enjoyed it. Would recommend to anyone.
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: Backpacks - 02/06/18 01:26 AM

fanny pack from cabalas, primos bow sling for long walks, and my climber.

Re: Backpacks - 02/06/18 03:56 AM

I think it may be toss up between Tenzing and the fanny pack
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: Backpacks - 02/06/18 05:29 AM

I'll tell you what I like about the fanny pack more. One it is smaller than my old backpack so I naturally carry less crap. It still fits, range finder, thermacell, extra thermacell packs, binos, compass, pen, WMA maps, calls, wind check stuff, gum, snacks, water bottle , tree hooks and gutting knife kit. if I have an extra jacket I hook it to the climber or loop it over the fanny pack strap when on. I can wear it over my shoulder in the front or on my backside. Probably my favorite thing about it, is when I'm up in the tree I can strap it around the tree trunk at seated head height and have all my stuff right there easy to grab. My backpack I had to either have a hook or place it on my foot rest and take up room. On more than one occasion it fell from the tree from me trying to move in stand or grab something out of it.
Posted By: jbc

Re: Backpacks - 02/06/18 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Shaw
Hard to go wrong with a Tenzing or a Badlands.

^^ these plus Eberlestock is another good brand to look at.

I have the Eberlestock tailhook, its basically a magnum fanny pack with shoulder straps for added support and mounts to tree and opens up when in tree. I have enjoyed it.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM