Aldeer.com

Old Cahawba Prairie Tract - Dallas, Co.

Posted By: Pocosin

Old Cahawba Prairie Tract - Dallas, Co. - 12/18/17 10:39 AM

Any of you guys tried this place out yet for bow hunting, or know anyone who has...? Buddy of mine who bow hunts was asking me about it.

New Bowhunting Option in Alabama’s Black Belt | Outdoor Alabama
www.outdooralabama.com

Starting this fall, the 1,500-acre East Zone addition to the Forever Wild Land Trust’s Old Cahawba Prairie Tract in Dallas County will be available for bowhunting each Thursday through Sunday from November 17, 2017, until February 10, 2018.Deer hunting in the East Zone is limited to bow and arrow, crossbow, or spear. No gun deer hunting will be allowed within the tract’s East Zone.
Posted By: nomercy

Re: Old Cahawba Prairie Tract - Dallas, Co. - 12/18/17 02:40 PM

I’ve hunting the original. It’s worth going. Lots of walking. Or biking. We rode bikes
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Old Cahawba Prairie Tract - Dallas, Co. - 12/18/17 02:49 PM

You could hunt a lot worse areas in the state, that's for sure. And for safety's sake, bow only makes public land a lot more palatable.
Posted By: Little Foot

Re: Old Cahawba Prairie Tract - Dallas, Co. - 12/20/17 09:30 PM

Have a friend hunting it, said seeing a few deer but nothing like they expected! Getting lots of foot traffic now!
Posted By: nomercy

Re: Old Cahawba Prairie Tract - Dallas, Co. - 12/23/17 12:26 AM

We did have some foot traffic when there. That was when near roads and such. We hunted the backwoods far from the path areas mostly. My buddy saw many deer with a few descent bucks. I was the snake bit one and saw little.
Posted By: jawbone

Re: Old Cahawba Prairie Tract - Dallas, Co. - 12/23/17 07:14 AM

This is in my area and I know what it was before they opened it to the public. It was fine, fine hunting. I hear now that all the traffic keeps the deer skittish, but with the rut in the very early stages in the area, It should improve markedly until the end of the season.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM