Aldeer.com

Which grunt call?

Posted By: robinhedd

Which grunt call? - 12/11/17 02:55 PM

Which grunt call do y'all use? I've got several brands, seems like I try them all every now and again with not much luck. What's your favorite brand? Robinhedd
Posted By: countryjwh

Re: Which grunt call? - 12/11/17 03:10 PM

True talker

Posted By: mcninja

Re: Which grunt call? - 12/11/17 03:51 PM

I had good success with a flextone but it finally crapped out on me. I polled the aldeer brethren this same topic several months ago and ended up ordering a handmade job from Old Crow Custom Calls. Veteran owned and built in Pensacola. I haven't tried it in the woods yet but it looks and sounds great and the gentleman was great to deal with.
Posted By: sbo1971

Re: Which grunt call? - 12/11/17 07:06 PM

I started using an extinguisher about 3-4 yrs ago, haven’t found anything else that I like.
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: Which grunt call? - 12/11/17 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: sbo1971
I started using an extinguisher about 3-4 yrs ago, haven’t found anything else that I like.

I used the buck grown when it came out with success ( not the growl, just used for grunting) and then switched around but now am using the extinguisher and its called some bucks up this weekend...I've had success with all of them, but I use them only during the rut and call every 15/20 min...I use the dominant buck grunt and don't care about running off small bucks though I have called up my share of em!
Posted By: clarkdeer

Re: Which grunt call? - 12/11/17 09:46 PM

The new Houndstooth grunt call sounds great.
Posted By: ghost rabbit

Re: Which grunt call? - 12/11/17 10:20 PM

I've got a flex tone by bone collector. It sounds alright but no success with it yet. May nor have been any deer close enough who knows.

I am a believer in calls and use them regularly throughout the year. At times I didn't like going without one.
Posted By: HToothgamecalls

Re: Which grunt call? - 12/11/17 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By: clarkdeer
The new Houndstooth grunt call sounds great.

Here is a sound clip of ours lots of great calls out there! We do offer it shipped for free as well!
https://youtu.be/MsusNakTj5s
Posted By: nomercy

Re: Which grunt call? - 12/11/17 11:54 PM

I have one made by Haydel. Have had it for probably at least 18 years. Never seen another one in a store since I bought it. The best one I’ve personally ever used. It has closed the deal on a few and caught the attention of many.
It’s the only thing in that many years that I still have that hasn’t been lost worn out or stolen.
Posted By: bigcountry692001

Re: Which grunt call? - 12/12/17 07:58 PM

I currently am using a Knight &Hale but I think I’m going to buy a hooks next year. I saw them on growing deer tv and thought I’d give it a shot.
Posted By: nomercy

Re: Which grunt call? - 12/12/17 10:25 PM

Well. Just looked up online. Reckon they still make it. And a newer version I may have to try now!
Posted By: Deerslyer86

Re: Which grunt call? - 12/16/17 08:27 AM

Grunt Attack
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Which grunt call? - 12/16/17 09:32 AM

Tru talkers are still around for a reason, they work.
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: Which grunt call? - 12/16/17 04:24 PM

I just ordered an old crow custom grunt call..
Posted By: BAK0105

Re: Which grunt call? - 12/17/17 09:14 AM

I have an Old Crow as well. Owner/builder is great to deal with and he makes a high quality product. Used it a little last year and it sounds great in the woods.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM