Aldeer.com

Swan Creek

Posted By: Johnathan

Swan Creek - 11/26/17 01:19 PM

Dose anyone hunt Swan-creek Management area? I hunted it the first year it was opened to bow hunters never saw any deer.
I was told the there was a lot of deer there , haven't heard of anyone getting any deer off of it. Just curious Thanks
Posted By: ghost rabbit

Re: Swan Creek - 11/26/17 01:39 PM

It and mallard creek both have good quality and fair numbers. I haven't checked regs in the last couple years bit they used to be bow only and we're only open to deer hunting until last week in Nov
Posted By: buckbrush

Re: Swan Creek - 11/26/17 07:47 PM

Plenty of deer there I usually can kill a doe just about everytime I go but haven't had any luck with bucks. If they ever opened it for rut there would be some monsters taken.
Posted By: ghost rabbit

Re: Swan Creek - 11/27/17 12:03 AM

Originally Posted By: buckbrush
Plenty of deer there I usually can kill a doe just about everytime I go but haven't had any luck with bucks. If they ever opened it for rut there would be some monsters taken.

That's for sure. On both sides of the river for the first few years you would see some fine deer.
Posted By: headshot

Re: Swan Creek - 11/27/17 08:05 AM

plenty of deer! Also has plenty of rabbit hunters!!!
I don't have anything against other hunters, but when they park beside you and turn a pack of beagles loose,It can get frustrating
Posted By: PoohBear

Re: Swan Creek - 11/27/17 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By: buckbrush

I wish I knew where you were sitting because I have yet to see a deer from a stand in Swan Creek. I guess I just stink in my scouting ability! LOL Although not much, I have 8 sits in three seasons and have never seen a deer from a stand. Tracks, food, cover, water is there, but no deer! Jonathon, good luck to ya! I like it because it's so close to Huntsville, and I am usually the only truck around.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Swan Creek - 11/30/17 12:04 PM

We hunted it a lot for ducks. There many times in a boat and blind. Saw a group of small does once and that was it.
Posted By: Reyn

Re: Swan Creek - 12/02/17 08:50 AM

I’ve killed a small buck and doe. BIL killed a couple. Haven’t hunted it in about 4 years though.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM