Aldeer.com

I Won the Stupid Award of the Day

Posted By: Wade

I Won the Stupid Award of the Day - 11/18/17 09:51 PM

I saw a bunch of does in a section of hardwoods last week so I took my bow with me this morning and moved to the tree they were eating under. You guessed it. No does but a 130" buck did feed through about 75 yards out. I am laughing at myself but I don't regret the plan. smile
Posted By: SuperSpike

Re: I Won the Stupid Award of the Day - 11/18/17 09:57 PM

That aint stupid thats just hunting.
Posted By: nomercy

Re: I Won the Stupid Award of the Day - 11/18/17 10:49 PM

Well. You know he’s in there! That’s good. Have yet to kill a nice buck with a bow but I’m hopeful
Posted By: JD_Bowhunter1976

Re: I Won the Stupid Award of the Day - 11/19/17 10:51 AM

Now it’s time to get to work and get closer. There nothing like chasing a big buck around with a bow.
Posted By: turkey_killer

Re: I Won the Stupid Award of the Day - 11/19/17 01:59 PM

When I was in school at Samford, I hunted cahaba wma and refuge a lot. One morning I saw a nice buck down the hill about 75 yards so I decided to move down the hill the next morning. The next morning I was set up within shooting range of where he passed through the day before. I looked up on the hill behind me and he was standing under the tree I was in the day before.
Posted By: FlyinRN

Re: I Won the Stupid Award of the Day - 11/19/17 02:49 PM

It happens. You're never going to kill a good one with bow, unless you are hunting with a bow.
Posted By: Recurve

Re: I Won the Stupid Award of the Day - 11/19/17 10:04 PM

That's bowhunting.
Posted By: DaffyDucksWorstNightmare

Re: I Won the Stupid Award of the Day - 11/20/17 09:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Wade
I saw a bunch of does in a section of hardwoods last week so I took my bow with me this morning and moved to the tree they were eating under. You guessed it. No does but a 130" buck did feed through about 75 yards out. I am laughing at myself but I don't regret the plan. smile

You aren't alone. I took my bow Saturday and the same thing happened to me.
Posted By: Jmxinc

Re: I Won the Stupid Award of the Day - 11/20/17 08:35 PM

Get Him!
Posted By: countryjwh

Re: I Won the Stupid Award of the Day - 11/20/17 10:49 PM

My brother does it all the time. Takes his bow..... but carries his 460 in his book bag for just in case. grin
© 2024 ALDEER.COM