Aldeer.com

Gun Season

Posted By: PoohBear

Gun Season - 11/17/17 09:00 PM

Good evening fellow bow hunters, a poem I wrote for all:

Well folks....the time is here, gun season is near, the woods will frown at 1st light!

Rednecks from afar....will gather at the bar...with stories....well into the night!

Bow season has been nice, bow season has been hot, bow season......is not long enough!

So get ready guys, and get ready gals, for the woods.....are about to get rough!!

LOL! I'll be in the woods SUNDAY! Be safe!
Posted By: grundan

Re: Gun Season - 11/17/17 09:09 PM

Nice!
Posted By: ttownwhitetail

Re: Gun Season - 11/17/17 10:06 PM

Actually, bow season will last all the way to the end of gun season. So bow season is longer than gun season.......food for thought.
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Gun Season - 11/17/17 10:16 PM

Carried a bow during gun season for over 20 years. Never wished to have an easier way to hunt until time got short.
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: Gun Season - 11/17/17 11:00 PM

Glad some public places are bow only. Come january i can get hundreds of acres all to myself
Posted By: nomercy

Re: Gun Season - 11/18/17 12:06 AM

He never said bow was over. Only that we have to tolerate the guns now. Good luck all
Posted By: Recurve

Re: Gun Season - 11/18/17 01:17 AM

Good poem and I will always be stick bow only. To each his own and I’m just glad people are hunting but you couldn’t give me a rifle to hunt with. But I’ll be the one to throw the turd in the pool and say when the guns go off we see a lot of deer. There is a gun club on the backside of our property on bean fields. Their property line is about half way up the mountain and they basically run them up to us. I’m thinking what they do is sit until about 8:30 in a heated shooting house and then start walking toward the line trying to jump them out and shoot. I say that only because I have heard that’s what they do.

Side note: I hunt private land but occasionally go up to Skyline and off in Little Coon. We went up several years ago and it happened to be on an iron man weekend. It was when you had to check in and 4 guys weighing 300+ each rolled up in a little civic for the gun hunt.

Re: Gun Season - 11/18/17 07:24 AM

Originally Posted By: nomercy
He never said bow was over. Only that we have to tolerate the guns now. Good luck all

Exactly! Perfectly said. I hunt public land, therefore the meaning of hunting on Sunday as well.

Re: Gun Season - 11/18/17 07:34 AM

[quote=Recurve]Good poem and I will always be stick bow only.

Thanks Recurve and I hope to be like you one day. I purchased a Samick Sage about 2 years ago and love it!! I just need to discipline myself to shoot every day. I want to put the compound away forever and hunt with a recurve only.....from the ground....in plaid wool clothing! Actually I hunt from the ground now. Good luck, stay safe.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM