Aldeer.com

LFTT 11/6/17

Posted By: Shaw

LFTT 11/6/17 - 11/06/17 06:06 AM

Fixing to head into a foodplot that’s sitting beside some hardwoods and a beaver pond. The pig forecast is high in this spot.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: LFTT 11/6/17 - 11/06/17 06:39 AM

Good luck fellas. I'm sitting on a funnel between a creek, some crp, and a steep hill. Hopefully the deer move a little better today.
Posted By: jono23

Re: LFTT 11/6/17 - 11/06/17 06:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Atoler
Good luck fellas. I'm sitting on a funnel between a creek, some crp, and a steep hill. Hopefully the deer move a little better today.

Glad you survived last night!

I’m here, was nice being able to get to the stand without using a light. Hoping something comes through early, because it’s hot!

Re: LFTT 11/6/17 - 11/06/17 06:53 AM

Originally Posted By: jono23

Glad you survived last night!

I’m here, was nice being able to get to the stand without using a light. Hoping something comes through early, because it’s hot!

Me too. Bunch of limbs down everywhere on the roads. Didn't get much sleep until about 1am
Posted By: sbo1971

Re: LFTT 11/6/17 - 11/06/17 07:36 AM

Same spot as yesterday, seen a really big rabbit at first light. Think if I don’t see anything this morning I will swap spots this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

Re: LFTT 11/6/17 - 11/06/17 07:54 AM

Re: LFTT 11/6/17 - 11/06/17 08:21 AM

Just watched a chipmunk get ripped apart by a hawk. That was cool.
Posted By: joshm28

Re: LFTT 11/6/17 - 11/06/17 08:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Shaw

I like those kind of plots during the rut.
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: LFTT 11/6/17 - 11/06/17 08:50 AM

Good luck fellahs. I'm at the gym before work and hoping to take my son this weekend on the youth hunt. Also hoping the weather cooperates for us and this heat takes a break..
Posted By: SuperSpike

Re: LFTT 11/6/17 - 11/06/17 09:38 AM

On nights this week again but will try to get up early tmrw and do an evening hunt. Im having withdrawals.

Re: LFTT 11/6/17 - 11/06/17 09:47 AM

Nothing for me. Going to wait a few more minutes, then climb down, have some stuff to do before an evening sweat, I mean hunt.

Re: LFTT 11/6/17 - 11/06/17 11:23 AM

Nothing here so far. Thought they'd be moving after that front last night
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: LFTT 11/6/17 - 11/06/17 02:42 PM

Where are you?...in Bama? Crap, I didn't know we had any bad storms last night.
Posted By: Claims Rep.

Re: LFTT 11/6/17 - 11/06/17 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By: ikillbux

Where are you?...in Bama? Crap, I didn't know we had any bad storms last night.

He’s up in northern Kentucky.
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: LFTT 11/6/17 - 11/06/17 03:25 PM

Rain in Jackson co ran me out of the stand this morning at daybreak.

Re: LFTT 11/6/17 - 11/06/17 03:49 PM

Nadda this morning. Me and Emmett were going to hunt some white oaks in an SMZ, but plans changed once we crossed a foodplot going in. It’s been hammered. Tried to get Emmett to get in the loc-on we’ve got here, but he wouldn’t have it. He insisted that I hunt it. There’s no winning an argument with that old cod sack. So I’m here on the foodplot and he went to the SMZ. crazy
Posted By: 3toe

Re: LFTT 11/6/17 - 11/06/17 03:56 PM

Nadda this morning. Me and Emmett were going to hunt some white oaks in an SMZ, but plans changed once we crossed a foodplot going in. It’s been hammered. Tried to get Emmett to get in the loc-on we’ve got here, but he wouldn’t have it. He insisted that I hunt it. There’s no winning an argument with that old cod sack. So I’m here on the foodplot and he went to the SMZ. crazy

Sounds like he knows something about that smz, and gar holed you with the food plot. smile
Posted By: FlyinRN

Re: LFTT 11/6/17 - 11/06/17 03:57 PM

I'm on the gas line where I killed my last doe. Looking for antlers or pigs today. It's a little warm in Sumter Co.

Re: LFTT 11/6/17 - 11/06/17 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: 3toe

Sounds like he knows something about that smz, and gar holed you with the food plot. smile

I know what’s in that SMZ. I hung the stands. If he kills one I’ll give him hell. If I kill one I’ll still give him hell. whistle
Posted By: FlyinRN

Re: LFTT 11/6/17 - 11/06/17 04:44 PM

Days are getting shorter. These sweetgum leaves are falling pretty rapidly now.

Re: LFTT 11/6/17 - 11/06/17 05:13 PM

Lone doe at about 40

Re: LFTT 11/6/17 - 11/06/17 06:33 PM

Just the one doe for me
Posted By: 3toe

Re: LFTT 11/6/17 - 11/06/17 07:06 PM

I know what’s in that SMZ. I hung the stands. If he kills one I’ll give him hell. If I kill one I’ll still give him hell. whistle

Update?
Posted By: El_Matador

Re: LFTT 11/6/17 - 11/06/17 07:35 PM

Got 20 feet up this afternoon, pulled my phone out to take a picture, and the phone slips. One nice loud clang on the footrests and 20 feet to the ground. Saw a lot of squirrels. 1st sit where I didn't see any deer.

Re: LFTT 11/6/17 - 11/06/17 10:11 PM

Update?

Looks both of us got gar holed. There’s too many acorns, it’s too hot and the full moon ain’t been helping.
Posted By: sluggun

Re: LFTT 11/6/17 - 11/07/17 12:01 AM

Originally Posted By: El_Matador
Got 20 feet up this afternoon, pulled my phone out to take a picture, and the phone slips. One nice loud clang on the footrests and 20 feet to the ground. Saw a lot of squirrels. 1st sit where I didn't see any deer.

could be worse. we had a bark plug at work last night and i lost my iphone trying to unplug the bark bin. im pretty sure it went through the bark hog and was burned in the power boiler. expensive mistake that i wont make again.
Posted By: El_Matador

Re: LFTT 11/6/17 - 11/07/17 12:08 AM

That's rough. I've got a good case. So the phone is fine. I laughed pretty hard about it.
Posted By: Snowman257wby

Re: LFTT 11/6/17 - 11/07/17 12:26 AM

I know what’s in that SMZ. I hung the stands. If he kills one I’ll give him hell. If I kill one I’ll
still give him hell. whistle

Sounds good ! I know him. grin
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: LFTT 11/6/17 - 11/07/17 07:49 AM

Originally Posted By: El_Matador
That's rough. I've got a good case. So the phone is fine. I laughed pretty hard about it.

I dropped mine earlier this season....debated about climbing down, finally did, does came in while I was climbing down to get it! slap
© 2024 ALDEER.COM